Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: June 7, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £129.99

Group shot.png

12956689-3484851356363205.jpg12956689-1824851356421699.jpg12956689-2434851356468646.jpg12956689-2574851356521176.jpg12956689-1114851356567631.jpg12956689-8284851356623185.jpg12956689-3634851356673258.jpg12956689-1754851356724714.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kavale and Felix_ro
Great code, but if you add that you have to pay customs then you're basically at price which is now up - 150€. (not taken into account shipping)

Great code, but if you add that you have to pay customs then you're basically at price which is now up - 150€. (not taken into account shipping)
Since July 1st Zavvi increased the prices in Euro to include EU vat
Zavvi Euro prices now include EU vat that is why the prices are lot higher than they was before July 1st

The issue is Zavvi don't remove UK vat from price before they apply EU vat

Previously prices in Euros did not incude Vat but did for customers based in UK

Zavvi really should be removing UK vat from price first then apply EU vat

If you do get postal carrier/courier look for vat payment when doing delivery contact zavvi and they will refund you that payment

If your order is shipped from UK hut warehouse based in warrington you should not have any issues with courier look for vat payment as Zavvi pay vat to the courier

Since July 1st Zavvi increased the prices in Euro to include EU vat
Zavvi Euro prices now include EU vat that is why the prices are lot higher

The issue is Zavvi don't remove UK vat from price before they apply EU vat

Previously prices in Euros did not incude Vat but did for customers based in UK

Zavvi really should be removing UK vat from price first then apply EU vat

Everything i ordered from Zavvi after 1st of January got delayed by my customs and i had to pay VAT.
So i'm just not ordering as much, if, from them at all.

Everything i ordered from Zavvi after 1st of January got delayed by my customs and i had to pay VAT.
So i'm just not ordering as much, if, from them at all.
The EU vat change applied from July 1st 2021
Zavvi Euro prices before July 1st did not include EU Vat but do now after July 1st this why the prices in Euros on Zavvi website increased after July 1st

Zavvi will refund you if you if a postal carrier/courier looks for Vat payment you have to contact zavvi for that refund it's not done automatically
If your order is shipped from UK as in from Hut warehouse based in warrington you should not have any issues with courier look for vat payment as Zavvi pay vat to the courier

Zavvi are using Hut warehouse that is based in UK now since July 1st for some releases for customers based outside UK
When shipped from Hut warehouse in warrington it's tracked shipping

Zavvi Website
Brexit Update
January 2021
For any products shipping from the UK to addresses in the EU, tax and duties will be settled on your behalf with our courier, so there is no cost to you.
That applies to items shipped from Hut warehouse based in warrington

Since July 1st though Zavvi increased the Euro prices to incude EU vat
If your order is shipped from Guernsey or any other location outside UK and the postal carrier/courier look fot vat payment contact Zavvi for a refund of that payment as the Euro price now incudes EU VAT since July 1st
Zavvi will refund you

The issue I have with Zavvi though they not removed the UK vat from price before increasing the price in Euros on some listings but some listings they did do this
The price increase is to cover EU vat but not done correct way on some listings
Some listings on Zavvi website the Euro prices have UK and EU vat in price making them very expensive

Example Indiana Jones
UK price £129.99 before UK 20% Vat for this release would be £108.33

£108.33 in Euros is €126.93 going by todays exchange rate but that changes daily so can be less or more on another day
€126.93 + EU 23 % Vat for example would be €156.12 or if you use EU 21% vat price would be €153.58

Zavvi price in Euros on their website is €152.49 which is correct price in Euros

Some UK retailers are using EU vat rate 21% this is ok

The only issue will be items that cost €150 or more require custom duty if that item was not manfactured in UK or Europe as in made in china for example
Most UK blu-ray releases though are made in UK/Europe so there should be no customs duty only Vat should apply

It's different if you are ordering hardware like a TV for example as most of these are made outside UK/Europe if these are priced over €150 Vat and Customs Duty will apply if ordering from a UK retailer and delivery address is in EU

Last edited:
Reactions: tommyh84
Did anyone bite on this 40% off in fact did anyone orginal order it and what did they pack it in?
I had this ordered orginally but cancelled mostly price was too high.
Tempted now but not so sure as got the standard edition instead

I was tempted, but will wait after the new film is eventually released, then get all on 4k. So much stuff coming out that I’d rather use limited funds on other releases rather than films l’ve seen over and over. I also wasn’t blown away by these steels for such an iconic trilogy. They deserved better in my opinion, but that is a personal choice.

Aren’t these ones 4K?

I believe that a 5-film set won’t come out as the next film is being done by another studio.
On December 6, 2013, The Walt Disney Studios purchased the remaining distribution and marketing rights to future Indiana Jones films, while Paramount will continue to distribute the first four films for Disney, and will receive "financial participation" from any additional films.
I see no issues in them releasing a five movie set in the future. For instance, some of the earlier MCU films were released by Paramount yet are still part of the big MCU boxset that they released last year by Disney.

On December 6, 2013, The Walt Disney Studios purchased the remaining distribution and marketing rights to future Indiana Jones films, while Paramount will continue to distribute the first four films for Disney, and will receive "financial participation" from any additional films.
I see no issues in them releasing a five movie set in the future. For instance, some of the earlier MCU films were released by Paramount yet are still part of the big MCU boxset that they released last year by Disney.
You may be entirely right. It’s just I asked this question a while ago and people who knew more about it than me said the 5 set wouldn’t happen for this reason so I just repeated why they said

I was tempted, but will wait after the new film is eventually released, then get all on 4k. So much stuff coming out that I’d rather use limited funds on other releases rather than films l’ve seen over and over. I also wasn’t blown away by these steels for such an iconic trilogy. They deserved better in my opinion, but that is a personal choice.
From what I am hearing you may not want the 5 film if the rumours I'll reading are correct.. But yep better steelbooks are in order.....

Now £49.99 at Zavvi, with REDDIT code, brings it down to £43.99!
That’s a cracking deal! Originally pre ordered for full price and then cancelled. Was waiting for individual amarays on an offer But can’t miss this. It will finally sell out now I think.

I'm almost tempted to buy this set now. It's $85.00 Canadian after the REDDIT discount and that includes the $7.00 shipping cost.

The Best Buy Canada price is still $99.99 and it only has the 4K discs and the 1 Blu-ray bonus disc.

This set has all 9 discs.

I'm hoping that if I think about it long enough (sleep on it...time for me to go to bed now) it will sell out and I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Ordered because the price will likely never go lower than this. I don't like the set, but it's better and cheaper than the standard one.