Indiana Jones 4-Movie Collection (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: June 7, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £129.99

Group shot.png

12956689-3484851356363205.jpg12956689-1824851356421699.jpg12956689-2434851356468646.jpg12956689-2574851356521176.jpg12956689-1114851356567631.jpg12956689-8284851356623185.jpg12956689-3634851356673258.jpg12956689-1754851356724714.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kavale and Felix_ro
Not a fan of the white and orange but I like the interior art and the mcguffin highlights. Also not a fan of the price but I adore these films (the first 3 anyway) so my preorder is in!

This might be a LOTR situation where Zavvi has put it up at the wrong price - I doubt it's an exclusive so maybe we'll see some more retailers with it soon. But this is currently £32.50 a steelbook which is on the pricey side for singles, let alone collections.

Zavvi's email says it's an exclusive to them.

In the U.S. it's an exclusive to Best Buy so i believe Zavvi when they say it's an exclusive.

I'm guessing no discount codes worked..? Haha
Nope. No prior warning of these going live. Once I received the email and ordered they had already been disabled.
No codes worked for me. How do you guys get them to work? Do you go to site and search from 4K or use the link sent via email. So hit and miss these codes.
Basically, IF we get prior notification of when any title is going to go live for pre-order, in practice they actually go live slightly ahead of time (sometimes 10 mins, more typically 20 mins, but has been known to be 40 mins or even earlier). Then you just keep checking the link (and refreshing the product page) in the period leading up to the official live time and, once you see it is available to pre-order, add it to your basket a.s.a.p. and enter one of the codes (RCVIP for RC members, for example). Then check-out a.s.a.p., as I have found a code to get disabled as I've been going through the checkout process, so although I thought it had worked at first, once I received the confirmation I saw that it hadn't and when I tried again got the message that it wasn't valid.

Technically, the codes are NOT valid on pre-orders - only in stock items. But it seems that Zavvi's system is so sophisticated (not!) that it requires someone to go in and manually disable them each time a new product goes live for pre-order. Sometimes they are very quick at doing it (within a minute or two). Other times, it has been known for the codes to still work AFTER the official live time and even, on very rare occasions, still work several hours after going live!

It really is pot lock, and I find that sometimes you win, and sometimes you don't. I would estimate my success rate to be around 60% most of the time.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
Nope. No prior warning of these going live. Once I received the email and ordered they had already been disabled.

Basically, IF we get prior notification of when any title is going to go live for pre-order, in practice they actually go live slightly ahead of time (sometimes 10 mins, more typically 20 mins, but has been known to be 40 mins or even earlier). Then you just keep checking the link (and refreshing the product page) in the period leading up to the official live time and, once you see it is available to pre-order, add it to your basket a.s.a.p. and enter one of the codes (RCVIP for RC members, for example). Then check-out a.s.a.p., as I have found a code to get disabled as I've been going through the checkout process, so although I thought it had worked at first, once I received the confirmation I saw that it hadn't and when I tried again got the message that it wasn't valid.

Technically, the codes are NOT valid on pre-orders - only in stock items. But it seems that Zavvi's system is so sophisticated (not!) that it requires someone to go in and manually disable them each time a new product goes live for pre-order. Sometimes they are very quick at doing it (within a minute or two). Other times, it has been known for the codes to still work AFTER the official live time and even, on very rare occasions, still work several hours after going live!

It really is pot lock, and I find that sometimes you win, and sometimes you don't. I would estimate my success rate to be around 60% most of the time.
Ok thanks for that.

I don't like them so I wouldn't want them for a reasonable price nevermind an extortionate one, The blu-ray steelbooks were much nicer.

Zavvi's email says it's an exclusive to them.

In the U.S. it's an exclusive to Best Buy so i believe Zavvi when they say it's an exclusive.
I’m surprised the US version doesn’t have the bonus features that I assume come with this set. A bit disappointing, but I’d rather have a bare bones for 100 or less than pay 180 for the Zavvi version.

Reactions: Stygian
I’m surprised the US version doesn’t have the bonus features that I assume come with this set. A bit disappointing, but I’d rather have a bare bones for 100 or less than pay 180 for the Zavvi version.
The U.S. set has all the special features:

DELUXE 4K ULTRA HD SET ARRIVES JUNE 8, 2021

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (March 15, 2021) – Relive the unforgettable exploits of world-renowned, globetrotting hero Indiana Jones in spectacular 4K Ultra HD when the INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION arrives in a new 4K Ultra HD set June 8, 2021 from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment.

The cinematic classic that started it all—Raiders of the Lost Ark—celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, having first introduced audiences to the man with the hat on June 12, 1981. Forty years later, the legendary hero continues to captivate new generations of fans.

Now, for the first time ever, all four films are available together in 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision and HDR-10 for ultra-vivid picture quality and state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos audio. Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

In addition, all four films were remixed at Skywalker Sound under the supervision of legendary sound designer Ben Burtt to create the Dolby Atmos soundtracks. All original sound elements were used to achieve the fully immersive Dolby Atmos mixes while staying true to each film’s original creative intent.

The INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION includes a collectible booklet with behind-the-scenes images from all four films. Each film is presented on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc with original theatrical trailers and access to digital copies. The set also includes a Blu-ray with seven hours of previously released bonus content as detailed below:

• On Set with Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • From Jungle to Desert
    • From Adventure to Legend
  • Making the Films
    • The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 documentary)
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (HD)
  • Behind the Scenes
    • The Stunts of Indiana Jones
    • The Sound of Indiana Jones
    • The Music of Indiana Jones
    • The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones
    • Raiders: The Melting Face!
    • Indiana Jones and the Creepy Crawlies (with optional pop-ups)
    • Travel with Indiana Jones: Locations (with optional pop-ups)
    • Indy’s Women: The American Film Institute Tribute
    • Indy’s Friends and Enemies
    • Iconic Props (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
    • The Effects of Indy (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
    • Adventures in Post Production (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
--END--

• Informative
Reactions: Steely-Booked
The U.S. set has all the special features:

DELUXE 4K ULTRA HD SET ARRIVES JUNE 8, 2021

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (March 15, 2021) – Relive the unforgettable exploits of world-renowned, globetrotting hero Indiana Jones in spectacular 4K Ultra HD when the INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION arrives in a new 4K Ultra HD set June 8, 2021 from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment.

The cinematic classic that started it all—Raiders of the Lost Ark—celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, having first introduced audiences to the man with the hat on June 12, 1981. Forty years later, the legendary hero continues to captivate new generations of fans.

Now, for the first time ever, all four films are available together in 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision and HDR-10 for ultra-vivid picture quality and state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos audio. Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

In addition, all four films were remixed at Skywalker Sound under the supervision of legendary sound designer Ben Burtt to create the Dolby Atmos soundtracks. All original sound elements were used to achieve the fully immersive Dolby Atmos mixes while staying true to each film’s original creative intent.

The INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION includes a collectible booklet with behind-the-scenes images from all four films. Each film is presented on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc with original theatrical trailers and access to digital copies. The set also includes a Blu-ray with seven hours of previously released bonus content as detailed below:

• On Set with Raiders of the Lost Ark
    • From Jungle to Desert
    • From Adventure to Legend
  • Making the Films
    • The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 documentary)
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
    • The Making of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (HD)
  • Behind the Scenes
    • The Stunts of Indiana Jones
    • The Sound of Indiana Jones
    • The Music of Indiana Jones
    • The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones
    • Raiders: The Melting Face!
    • Indiana Jones and the Creepy Crawlies (with optional pop-ups)
    • Travel with Indiana Jones: Locations (with optional pop-ups)
    • Indy’s Women: The American Film Institute Tribute
    • Indy’s Friends and Enemies
    • Iconic Props (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
    • The Effects of Indy (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
    • Adventures in Post Production (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
--END--

The bonus disc is also mentioned twice on Amazon Canada's listing as well. Mentions 5 discs.
The image below also mentions a bonus disc.

Product description

Only one name defines the ultimate hero… Indiana Jones. Celebrating the 40th Anniversary of the unmatched action-adventure franchise from powerhouse filmmakers George Lucas (STAR WARS) and Steven Spielberg (JAWS), this
5-disc collection features all four feature films—INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM, INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE, and INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, as well as a bonus disc packed with special features.

1617266052858.png