inFAMOUS Megathread - price drop, soundtrack, & free DLC

Jan 29, 2009
inFamous is an upcoming sandbox-style video game for the Sony PlayStation 3 video game console.It is currently in development by Sucker Punch Productions, creators of Rocket: Robot on Wheels, and the Sly Cooper video game franchise. The game was announced at Sony's E3 2007 Press Conference on July 11, 2007. The debut trailer indicated that the game would be released sometime in 2008, although the July 2008 issue of Game Informer has stated that the release date has been moved to Spring 2009. It will be the company's first original IP since Sly Cooper.

The game is a third-person sandbox world that combines elements of the superhero MMO City of Heroes with a roaming open-world, allowing the player to make choices between being a hero or an anti-hero that will affect the game. The player will also have access to electrical powers. The player will obtain them right at the beginning of the game.

inFamous follows the story of Cole McGrath, a bike messenger and resident of the fictional Empire City. At the start of the game, a package that Cole was assigned to deliver causes a huge explosion that rips apart six city blocks, leaving behind a crater and Cole as the only survivor. The explosion has granted Cole several electricity-based powers, but he falls into unconsciousness, waking up two weeks later to find that Empire City has fallen into chaos; without police, gangs have taken over areas of the city, and a plague has infected many of the residents causing the city to be quarantined by the government. It is revealed by "The Voice of Survival", a surviving disk jockey that broadcasts across the city, that Cole was the cause for the explosion, and thus setting the population of Empire City against him. Cole must come to terms with his powers, and opt to help those in need or simply survive on his own, facing off against larger threats that have manifested in the city due to the explosion and its aftermath.[4]

3333869162_e2ee74fca3.jpg

According to Fox, the team wanted to have Cole as a "kind of an everyman", such that they could then "get into the headspace of what it would be like to be a real human being who has been granted these exceptional abilities".[4] While Cole is the main playable character, he is joined by two friends; Zeke, a fellow bike messenger, conspiracy theorist and survivalist who becomes jealous of Cole's powers, and Trish, Cole's ex-girlfriend and medical student who resents him due to her sister being killed in the blast but still helps in treating the injured, a "Lois Lane with syringes" as stated by Sucker Punch.

PlayStation: The Official Magazine describes Cole as "a regular city guy struggling to make ends meet as a courier. Then one day he gets super powers, and his entire world changes in a heartbeat. It's this event that really defines Cole as a person, as he struggles to learn how to control his powers and the responsibility they bring, not understanding the reason he has them or their full potential." The magazine also notes that "you really don't want to be in Empire City after the blast. With no effective law enforcement the streets are a dog eat dog world where at any moment someone might drop the niceties of civilized society and start taking what they want by force. It's a scary and bleak place. Yet, despite all the problems Empire City has endured, thousands of everyday people remain stuck in the city. The place is packed with a weary and scared population in desperate need of relief from the gangs that have imposed their own martial law on the various neighborhoods

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: oselallo
At first i thought 170,000+ was a little weak considering how good the game is, but the fact that is in a new IP then it looks pretty good.

And I agree Cali, wtf with such low numbers for uncharted? The minute I learned about that game a few days before it came out I was sold.

I didn't buy Uncharted until a year later. When I played the demo, I didn't catch on that well and it seemed to hard for me so I didn't buy it. But then after getting into the forums and seeing how awesome it was of course I had to buy it! :D

ok. so i beat the game on hard yesterday, and i have all the trophies but the buy all evil power upgrades one. i started doing the side missions to gain xp since i finished the main game, and i just about all but cleared the historic district and im sitting just under 5000. i need to buy the 12000 lightning bolt one and a 5500 megawatt hammer one. i have about 50 districts left to clear, which would give me 5000 xp from the side missions. that means i need about 7500 xp from killing enemies and healing citizens. i did all the stunts.

im not sure i can do it. you get 3-10 xp per killing a bad guy, so even in the historic district id have to kill 750 bad guys, but like i said, i pretty much cleared that one out. so thats like 2500 bad guys in the neon.

this sucks. i might have to play the game again just to get this one trophy :mad:

ok. so i beat the game on hard yesterday, and i have all the trophies but the buy all evil power upgrades one. i started doing the side missions to gain xp since i finished the main game, and i just about all but cleared the historic district and im sitting just under 5000. i need to buy the 12000 lightning bolt one and a 5500 megawatt hammer one. i have about 50 districts left to clear, which would give me 5000 xp from the side missions. that means i need about 7500 xp from killing enemies and healing citizens. i did all the stunts.

im not sure i can do it. you get 3-10 xp per killing a bad guy, so even in the historic district id have to kill 750 bad guys, but like i said, i pretty much cleared that one out. so thats like 2500 bad guys in the neon.

this sucks. i might have to play the game again just to get this one trophy :mad:

I keep hearing about his, and I don't know how. I didnt do any side missions for my 2nd run through and got them all easy.. yet people keep running out of missions, i dont know how..

I keep hearing about his, and I don't know how. I didnt do any side missions for my 2nd run through and got them all easy.. yet people keep running out of missions, i dont know how..

did you buy upgrades for non-evil powers? unfortunately i did quite a few of them. maxed out defense, electric drain, melee, did one for the sword power thing. im sure those cost me a good 10000 xp :(

did you buy upgrades for non-evil powers? unfortunately i did quite a few of them. maxed out defense, electric drain, melee, did one for the sword power thing. im sure those cost me a good 10000 xp :(

only power drain to #2, and thunder drop to #2.

STill in my good run through with everything done, i had everything maxed easily, and that one was on hard.

For shards, go around the outside of the islands, thats where most are.

The conduit guys give you a lot more xp. But I would let the guy that spawns spiders, let him spawn them. Go to a high building, and he'll keep releasing them as you kill the spiders. Just don't kill him. You can rack up smaller points REALLY quick that way.

sighhhhh

ok, here i go, after a decent break im gonna get my third play through of this game in order to get the platinum. i only need the all evil powers upgrade trophy and i decided it would take less time to just run through it again on easy then try and do all the side missions/save a thousand people or whatever i would need.

i hope i can get through this in just a couple hours.

sighhhhh

ok, here i go, after a decent break im gonna get my third play through of this game in order to get the platinum. i only need the all evil powers upgrade trophy and i decided it would take less time to just run through it again on easy then try and do all the side missions/save a thousand people or whatever i would need.

i hope i can get through this in just a couple hours.

here's something that i didn't realize on my second play through that would have helped significantly, make sure that you only purchase the upgrades specially labeled evil. i didnt realize this and i wasted XP on defense and other upgrades that weren't actually evil ones. ;)

here's something that i didn't realize on my second play through that would have helped significantly, make sure that you only purchase the upgrades specially labeled evil. i didnt realize this and i wasted XP on defense and other upgrades that weren't actually evil ones. ;)

Yep, good eye buddy! Exactly what I did, maybe that's why I never had trouble, I hear about trouble all over the internet..

I only need one stupid shard and Im pretty sure it's in the Warren district (if the shard count by district was accurate). After I find this last one I need to play it a third time on hard. Then I get the plat.

I just have no idea where this last shard is, I'm pretty sure I got the prison one, any others that don't appear after L3?

Looking for opinions here... I'm drawing a wallpaper and honestly, I'm stumped on the background, I'm satisfied with the Reaper but don't know what setting I should make?... I'm new to drawing environments(then again, I feel new to drawing period, I barely started up again, after 9 years of playing music)

I'm drawing Cole to! here's a rough 10 minute sketch.