Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 4th, 2015
Purchase link: Insurgent
Price: $29.99
Group buy: apsmith21

divergent.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They were never going to sell 4000, this is a 2000 Print run at best.

the guy from eone himself in the eone thread for the suggestion steel told me they did a print run of 4000 for Divergent ES.

FutureShop Exclusive had a print Run of 2000 confirmed by @zerox39 (which is still in stock, stock was moved to BB.ca)

the guy from eone himself in the eone thread for the suggestion steel told me they did a print run of 4000 for Divergent ES.

FutureShop Exclusive had a print Run of 2000 confirmed by @zerox39 (which is still in stock, stock was moved to BB.ca)
Its very simple logic, the majority of steelbook collector's are male, the majority of fans of Divergent series are female = not going to sell out. It's the same with the Hunger Games steels which are still readily available in the UK years after release.

It's the reason a Fifty shades UK steel was pulled, it's audience is 99.9% female which meant it would lucky to sell even 10% of its print run.

There are female steel collectors but not enough to sell out a print run.

well I don't know what to say, the guy from eOne this is what he told me, It was a WEA Artwork 4000 Units and why would I not trust this information coming directly from eOne guy ?
I think you missed the point! I'm not saying they didn't print 4000. I'm saying they didn't understand that a run that high would not sell out. [emoji6]

Reactions: Actarus
Just a pity this is region locked and the finish is poor as the art is nice enough that I'd of been interested if it wasn't region locked

Been so busy at work lately that I haven't had time to go to Best Buy and check this out. What are the chances that they're still going to have this sometime today or possibly tomorrow?

From the j-card, here's my pictures of the Canadian edition (discs should be the same as the USA), seems like it's Region A
Thanks, that's a shame; not sure I can justify picking up a copy just to get a nicer spine for my Italian version in that case (was hoping I'd at least get an Atmos disk out of it too).

Last edited:
I find it's really easy to swap the shells, so long as the plastic isn't damaged underneath, you can pop them off pretty easily. I don't even use tools to do it.

open the steelbook, grab it so the opening is face you. hold onto one side, then on the other, push to top corner closet to the spine away while holding the other shell in nearly the same area.

This should cause the plastic to bend a little and free the corner of your steelbook. Repeat on the other side, pop onto the new plastic with the right spine, and bam you're good.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: MrBMT
I find it's really easy to swap the shells, so long as the plastic isn't damaged underneath, you can pop them off pretty easily. I don't even use tools to do it.

open the steelbook, grab it so the opening is face you. hold onto one side, then on the other, push to top corner closet to the spine away while holding the other shell in nearly the same area.

This should cause the plastic to bend a little and free the corner of your steelbook. Repeat on the other side, pop onto the new plastic with the right spine, and bam you're good.
Good point, that would be much easier than removing the spine :thumbs:
I've swapped shells like that many times before but hadn't ever thought of doing it simply to swap a spine! (Having said that, whenever I've swapped them in the past I've always needed to swap the spines at the same time too due to being for different steelbooks.)

I managed to pick up a US Steelbook (plus 3D disk only) for around $22 delivered to UK, so will do just that!

Last edited:
Reactions: dfoles
Wow, this release really does take cheap streaky matte finish to an extreme doesn't isn't it? The finish on the Italian release is so much nicer.
Of course I buy this to swap the spine with the Italian release... and it comes complete with a free spine slash, typical. :hilarious:

On the upside, as it was included I put the 3D disk in my PC to see what happened - DVDFab Passkey removed the region lock and the disk actually plays back in 2D just fine; so hey, I have an Atmos version of the film now :)

Anyway, here are some pics of this release.

IMG_1429_sm.jpg IMG_1431_sm.jpg IMG_1435_sm.jpg IMG_1440_sm.jpg IMG_1443_sm.jpg IMG_1447_sm.jpg