Interstellar (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 34) [Hong Kong]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: August 20, 2021
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti (Pre-order on July 2, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time) - Check your local time HERE
Price: $174.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $53.99 (Double or Single Lenti)
Group buy: hosted by Aniv Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti - Single Lenti

Note: WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Full Slip: Holofoil Slip, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Double Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular x 2 , Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Embossing - 1000 copies.
Lenticular Full Slip: 3D Lenticular, Spot Matte, Spot Glossy, Scratch Resistance Coating, Embossing - 1000 copies.
One Click Box: "Glow in Dark" effect + Embossing + Scratch Resistance Coating + Spot Glossy - 600 copies.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On, Box Protector.

D5B211DA-1173-49E3-9571-B4C0382D9C30.jpeg1C14823D-47B8-4F11-B25B-D04534823D21.jpeg7F390E35-BA04-43C7-93FF-7466CE34B3C3.jpeg05DD5ABA-E197-41F8-A508-4697E632C569.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
it would be nice to pass a complete brand new collection to my son and he can do whatever he wants with them when he is older full grown adult
This is a ridiculous comment. Why should you have an extra copy just to sit there for years when other collectors would like to enjoy it now.
I imagine your son on his 21st birthday, "Thanks dad for the UHD, no one uses discs anymore, I access my full movie library via the microchip implanted in my retinas"

The relevance of @davhyl and @Punker76 comments is unreal!

As an unboxed collector I do appreciate and understand why other collectors keep their editions sealed, but to buy a 2nd copy and keep that sealed to gift someone in years to come just seems insane to me! At least a sealed collector enjoys their collection in its sealed condition, what’s the point in buying something to hide it away, and then gift it years later when it may be unusable!?

The relevance of @davhyl and @Punker76 comments is unreal!

As an unboxed collector I do appreciate and understand why other collectors keep their editions sealed, but to buy a 2nd copy and keep that sealed to gift someone in years to come just seems insane to me! At least a sealed collector enjoys their collection in its sealed condition, what’s the point in buying something to hide it away, and then gift it years later when it may be unusable!?
We are all psychopaths. But it seems that someone’s condition is way more serious than me

My daughter does not care at all about my collection (she is still a pre-teen and I keep some vague hope...) and I am pretty sure that this situation is shared by many collectors here. Mmmmhhh... Here, today, I propose the creation of the "Jamon-Jamon's (maybe "Iron Pig's" for requesting fund purposes) Foundation for Preservation of Deluxe Movie Editions" that will include, of course, two different departments, Dept 1: "Sealed Editions" and Dept 2: "Unsealed editions" (maybe less popular). Feel free to include me in your last will (yep, I should think who should I include in my one...) :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: Mararagan
Yup, my Dad gave me his complete music library on minidisc. Cheers Dad.

I forgot about those. I used to be able to get 5 albums on one minidisc! I was so proud

saying that, and this is true, my dad gave me his whole vinyl collection 10ish years ago. About 120 of them. All Lou Reed, blondie, al green etc and the icing on the cake was the whole Bowie collection. And look at vinyl now.

Maybe minidisc might make another appearance in a few Christmases lol

Don't get me started on MD. Bought a Sony player and it wouldn't let me play music unless the mini discs were filled via their software, which was an abomination. Soon after I finally got the hang of it, the MD player gave up its life. With deep regrets I turned back to my Walkman which still worked (works) fine. Happy end. :drool:
/OT

I forgot about those. I used to be able to get 5 albums on one minidisc! I was so proud

saying that, and this is true, my dad gave me his whole vinyl collection 10ish years ago. About 120 of them. All Lou Reed, blondie, al green etc and the icing on the cake was the whole Bowie collection. And look at vinyl now.

Maybe minidisc might make another appearance in a few Christmases lol

Now that’s a quality collection right there - fair play :)

Reactions: Flloydo
Dad - “Here you go son, my one-click collection”
Son - “Wow Dad, thanks!.... What’s a one-click?”
Dad - “The same movie, replicated three or four times over all in one box.... you may not even be interested in these movies to begin with, but don’t worry because they’re in an out of date format you may not be able to use anyway”
Son - “Is this why mum left you?....”

Don't get me started on MD. Bought a Sony player and it wouldn't let me play music unless the mini discs were filled via their software, which was an abomination. Soon after I finally got the hang of it, the MD player gave up its life. With deep regrets I turned back to my Walkman which still worked (works) fine. Happy end. :drool:
/OT

Can’t believe no one has asked this, but.... are you still using your Walkman? I need to know

Enjoy your collection now, prepare to liquidate when you are older when you realize the only person that cares about it is you and want to save your heirs the hassle of getting rid of stuff. This is the life of most collections. Keep in mind, it will be worthless in the future as 90% of people under the age of 12 could care less about any form of physical media. Yes, all of us in this hobby are stupid, and hopefully just spending money we dont need elsewhere as it really is like flushing it down the toilet. My son is in college now, and doesnt want any of the movies sold, but he sure isnt signing up to take any with him when he moves out either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mararagan and MM3
Enjoy your collection now, prepare to liquidate when you are older when you realize the only person that cares about it is you and want to save your heirs the hassle of getting rid of stuff. This is the life of most collections. Keep in mind, it will be worthless in the future as 90% of people over the age of 12 could care less about any form of physical media. Yes, all of us in this hobby are stupid, and hopefully just spending money we dont need elsewhere as it really is like flushing it down the toilet. My son is in college now, and doesnt want any of the movies sold, but he sure isnt signing up to take any with him when he moves out either.
Totally agree! This has been a very amusing thread both because I could feel the pain that George felt but I know the ephemeral nature of this sickness. Missing out and having everyone rag on you as you try to make sense of it is terrible. But it's all kinda funny when you realize it's all for what amounts to a few dollars worth of aluminum, plastic, and paper.

I've been to enough estate sales to know that your family will immediately dump your entire mantalab collection for $100. In the same way CD collections go for pennies an album.

It's all a fun hobby. And premiums like this one are what make it fun. If everyone got the same steelbook and it was easily available then no one would care about buying them.