Interstellar (NEO-Pack) (Collector's Edition - Walmart Exclusive) [USA]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Interstellar (Collector's Edition) (2-Disc Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) (NEO-Pack Packaging + Art Book + IMAX Film Cell) (Walmart Exclusive)

Order: Walmart :walmart:
Price: $31.48
Group buy: apsmith21
Release date: 3/31/15

interstellar-neo-jpg.131001

I came across this listing @ Wally Mart dot com.

I have no idea what a 'Neo Pack' is, so I just decide to post the listing here. A mod or myself will update this thread with further details and official pics when they become available :thumbs:

Neo Pack.PNG

popcorn2.gif

Attachments

• Neo-Pack.jpg
    Neo-Pack.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,924
  • Interstellar-Poster-01.jpg
    Interstellar-Poster-01.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 664
Last edited by a moderator:
I was told that it will be live early next week, I would assume Tuesday as that is the day they regularly update.
Give us a shout when/if it does! I'll be checking of course, but would like another human being to reassure or notify me/us lol :rofl: If not I may have to settle for the FS steel.

Oh, man. I'm PRAYING Wal-Mart Canada picks this edition up. Really looks the ultimate edition being offered. Please give a shout if you hear it is! Worst case scenario I hope a Canadian group buy can happen! This is far too nice an edition.
Let's hold hands and pray together brother. I hope we'll be blessed with this immaculate edition just like our beloved neighbours. Throw in an extra Hail Mary so that we may get the Gravity Diamond Luxe as well.

Will be region free.

The evidence from previous releases by Paramount, where they only have the distribution rights in North America, says otherwise. See my previous posts on the subject #22 (page 2) and #90 (page 5).

It really doesn't help matters by making absolute statements such as your's without the facts to back them up. People are liable to believe them and, on the basis of that belief, make a purchase, only to find upon attempting to play the disc that it is region locked.

Paramount Blu-ray releases worldwide do not actually state, whether on the cases or the discs themselves, what regions the discs are coded to. Until someone has this in hand and is able to determine the region code by actually playing the disc, it's probably better to err on the side of caution and assume that the disc is region locked, until evidence emerges to the contrary.

The evidence from previous releases by Paramount, where they only have the distribution rights in North America, says otherwise. See my previous posts on the subject #22 (page 2) and #90 (page 5).

It really doesn't help matters by making absolute statements such as your's without the facts to back them up. People are liable to believe them and, on the basis of that belief, make a purchase, only to find upon attempting to play the disc that it is region locked.

Paramount Blu-ray releases worldwide do not actually state, whether on the cases or the discs themselves, what regions the discs are coded to. Until someone has this in hand and is able to determine the region code by actually playing the disc, it's probably better to err on the side of caution and assume that the disc is region locked, until evidence emerges to the contrary.
Paramount is actually 97% region free. There's no reason to think that it would change just for this title and to think so is being overly paranoid.

Region Free.JPG

I could be an actual dick with my reply but I'll just leave this here. Have a nice day http://dvdworldusa.com/shopexd.asp?id=131922

I see where you're coming from and I didn't mean to come across as off-hand.

The problem is that various import sites make assumptions about future releases. In the case of Paramount, the assumption is that their releases will be Region Free because most of them have been in the past.

I would refer to the recent release of "Hercules" which various import sites listed as a Region Free pre-order on the basis that it was from Paramount, only for the North American releases to be Region A locked, even though Paramount had worldwide distribution rights for that title.

This release is even more difficult to predict since Paramount only have the North American distribution rights and in those cases, Paramount have tended to lock their releases.

Since this release is a couple of months away, I doubt whether anyone is yet able to confirm, one way or the other, whether it will be Region Free or not.

In any event, I certainly didn't mean to offend.

Paramount is actually 97% region free. There's no reason to think that it would change just for this title and to think so is being overly paranoid.

View attachment 132298

If you examine a list of Paramount's Blu-ray releases, those that are Region Free are predominantly catalogue titles or titles for which Paramount have worldwide distribution rights. However, even that is no guarantee, as evidenced by their recent release of "Hercules" which was Region A locked in North America but Region Free elsewhere, even though all those releases were from Paramount.

The situation is radically different in the case of titles for which Paramount only has the distribution rights in North America, with the rights elsewhere being held by other studios. In those cases, Paramount have tended to lock their US and Canadian releases. Examples of where this has been the case include the following titles:-

"Titanic"
"Braveheart"
"Gladiator"
"The Wolf of Wall Street"
"Boyhood"
"The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"
"AI: Artificial Intelligence"
"Minority Report"
"The Fighter"
"The Road to Perdition"

The above list is not exhaustive but does support my contention that Paramount's US and Canadian releases of "Interstellar" are likely to be Region A locked since Paramount only have the North American rights to this title, the rights in other territories being held by Warner.

I fail to see, therefore, how a logically reasoned argument can be thought of as "being overly paranoid". If anything, given the shared distribution of this title with Warner, it would be Paramount not locking this title that would represent a change in policy.

I also stand by what I wrote earlier, that relying on a pre-order listing on an import site, to determine a disc's region coding, is fraught with danger, given the recent example of "Hercules", especially with a title not due to be released for another two months. The only definite way of confirming the region coding of this release is an announcement from Paramount or actually testing the disc, once in hand.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
@augustus

I think the issue with your Hercules example was that it was co-distributed with MGM (Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer) and Paramount, causing the region locking to occur because of MGM.

However, I would agree, just because a studio is _mostly_ region free, and it is not a guarantee in all cases - until it is in hand and can be verified.

Prazzers dude, I was just messing with you. I believe you. Do you know if we're also getting the Gravity D-Luxe edition which is set for release on the same day?

BTW, very cool Drive collection. Which edition is your favorite? Mine would be the Futureshop embossed slip. Simply gorgeous. I also have the replica Scorpion jacket by Steady Clothing.

Reactions: Prazzers