Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray Star MetalPak) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Update 9/8: I heard from Metal Pak(TM) directly, that this is their product.-Digitalbabe

Updated 9/20-Digitalbabe-you saw it here first.

FYI- I received actual pictures of this Iron Man 2 Metal Pak-courtesy of Metal Pak (TM). Se below:

ironman2blueraycenterfi.jpg

ironman2flatblueraycent.jpg

ironman2blueraycenterco.jpg

**************UPDATE 9/22 - Andy **********************************
Disc 1 (Blu-ray):

* Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
* S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)- Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
* Previsualization and Animatics (HD)

Disc 2 (Blu-ray):

* Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of "Iron Man 2" (HD)
o Rebuilding the Suit-An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
o A Return to Action-From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man's story.
o Expanding the Universe-From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark's home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
o Building a Legacy-From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.

* Featurettes (HD)
o Creating Stark Expo-A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.
o Practical Meets Digital-How the "practical" props inform the "digital" work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
o Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury-A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
o Illustrated Origin: Black Widow-An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in "Iron Man 2."
o Illustrated Origin: War Machine-A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
o Working with DJ AM-Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.

* Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
o Alternate Opening
o Coulson at the Senate
o The Sub-Orbital Jet
o Tony's Workshop (extended)
o Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
o Flying Party Girl
o Mark II Security
o Element Rediscovered (extended)

* Concept Art Gallery
* Theatrical Trailers (HD)
* Music Video: AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill"

Disc 3 (DVD):

* Feature Film
* Digital Copy

Let the madness begin EEK!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452186286&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Iron man 2 selling as preorder on e(vil)Bay
!ByDY0Pg!mk~$(KGrHqMOKkEEwQOfWmnGBMQIUF4EOg~~_12.JPG

This is NOT MY LISTING and I don't know anything about it.
I cannot find a valid store selling them.
The UPC that they are listing does not jive with iron man 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just called Target-they could not provide any additional info regarding the manufacturer/distributor of the case, country of origin, brand of case, or anything else. She started reading me the actors' names from the datafeed:rolls eyes:. I have a contact into Star Metal Pak & Iron Pack. Originally I was told by an Iron Pack contact that confirmation of this item would come mid-September, which led me to believe it would be an Ironpack. If I hear back, I'll post. Otherwise, thanks all that are taking the time to post updates:)

DB

FYI-Hi All, per Jean at the France division that makes Metal Pak (TM) , this is their product. I sent him a pic & Target link, and explained why I needed confirmation, and he said they designed it. OP Updated.

Last edited:
FYI-Hi All, per Jean at the France division that makes Metal Pak (TM) , this is their product. I sent him a pic & target link, and explained why I needed confirmation, and he said they designed it. OP Updated.

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. What to do now. :ohno:

Get the German one and Korean:naughty:

HA. Yes, I'm getting those as well.

I'm still getting a few, those requested by friends, but none other than that.

Of course, I'm calling in sick to work that day, so I might change my mind when I see them in person. :cool:

Apparently this is going to be even MORE expensive in store.

What the hell.

Last edited:
so pre order worth it!!

(hugee pic by the way)

lol, still not worth it, the pre-order is only what, $2 cheaper than what that ad shows? so that rules this one out instantly for me. not gonna give $40 after taxes for a star metalpak.

will have to wait and see now if anyone gets actual pics of any of the actual steelbooks being released in other countries.

I used my triple A discount to get 10% off, but that's a far cry to where I was hoping it would drop...@ 24.99. :rolleyes:

I used my triple A discount to get 10% off, but that's a far cry to where I was hoping it would drop...@ 24.99. :rolleyes:

yeah, 24.99 would be more like it. i'd probably bite at that price, but $40 or so i can more than likely grab one of the actual steelbooks i would think. seriously considering just getting rid of my original FS IM steelbook and maybe scaling back on steels altogether.

yeah, 24.99 would be more like it. i'd probably bite at that price, but $40 or so i can more than likely grab one of the actual steelbooks i would think. seriously considering just getting rid of my original FS IM steelbook and maybe scaling back on steels altogether.

You might be able to get the Media Markt one for that - assuming you can get it direct.

I think it cost $42 something for my GB price on the IM 1+2.

Kind of crazy what they are asking for a metalpak. :ohno:

Yeah, they are definitely capitalizing on the fact that the average person has no idea what the difference is between a Steelbook, Iron Pack, Metal Pack, Alumnimum pack, etc etc. The only thing they know is that they have an Exclusive. Unfortunately IF the quality is poor, they'll sit on them as word/pics leak out and the price will dive. But as usual, whoever has an exclusive really has no reason to compromise on price. I am looking forward to actually seeing the thing to determine quality....

I've been seeing a high volume reseller in my area purchase all the collectibles / exclusives from stores. Stores are starting to catch on to this guy, but in case I don't get to Target before he does, I ordered some from Target.com just to be safe.

I checked the return policy and I can take these right back to the store if they are damaged. :D

I just ordered a copy to a family member in the States because I live in Canada, but it cost me $10 for shipping. Is that normal or did I do somthing wrong I did choose the 2 day shipping because I had to but still seemed a bit high for local shipping

Zak, did you maybe accidentally choose your address as the "ship to". If not, and you chose a US address, it may be the "2 day shipping" that caused the high cost. Regular shipping for this item to a US address is currently .99 cents.