Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray Star MetalPak) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Update 9/8: I heard from Metal Pak(TM) directly, that this is their product.-Digitalbabe

Updated 9/20-Digitalbabe-you saw it here first.

FYI- I received actual pictures of this Iron Man 2 Metal Pak-courtesy of Metal Pak (TM). Se below:

ironman2blueraycenterfi.jpg

ironman2flatblueraycent.jpg

ironman2blueraycenterco.jpg

**************UPDATE 9/22 - Andy **********************************
Disc 1 (Blu-ray):

* Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
* S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)- Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
* Previsualization and Animatics (HD)

Disc 2 (Blu-ray):

* Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of "Iron Man 2" (HD)
o Rebuilding the Suit-An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
o A Return to Action-From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man's story.
o Expanding the Universe-From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark's home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
o Building a Legacy-From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.

* Featurettes (HD)
o Creating Stark Expo-A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.
o Practical Meets Digital-How the "practical" props inform the "digital" work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
o Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury-A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
o Illustrated Origin: Black Widow-An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in "Iron Man 2."
o Illustrated Origin: War Machine-A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
o Working with DJ AM-Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.

* Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
o Alternate Opening
o Coulson at the Senate
o The Sub-Orbital Jet
o Tony's Workshop (extended)
o Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
o Flying Party Girl
o Mark II Security
o Element Rediscovered (extended)

* Concept Art Gallery
* Theatrical Trailers (HD)
* Music Video: AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill"

Disc 3 (DVD):

* Feature Film
* Digital Copy

Let the madness begin EEK!:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330452186286&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Iron man 2 selling as preorder on e(vil)Bay
!ByDY0Pg!mk~$(KGrHqMOKkEEwQOfWmnGBMQIUF4EOg~~_12.JPG

This is NOT MY LISTING and I don't know anything about it.
I cannot find a valid store selling them.
The UPC that they are listing does not jive with iron man 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I have sent an email requesting shipping fix, is $2.99 USD not a huge savings but give it a try, thanks for the tip

got this mail this afteroon

Target.com said:
Dear ****** ****,

I'm sorry, but this free shipping was only valid during a certain period of time. In order to take advantage of the offer, your order had to be placed during that time.

Because we value you as our guest, I'll be glad to issue refund for the shipping charges you paid for this order.

Since we don’t charge your card until we actually start shipping your order, we’re unable to request a refund at this time.

Please write back to us once you receive the shipment confirmation e-mail so that we can issue a refund

no but yes but wait and write us later
icon_confused.gif
icon_confused.gif

^That IS confusing. What the :wtf:

Oh - if anyone was wondering - the 3 disc edition of Iron Man 2 comes with the regular feature on blu as disc 1, the 2nd disc is a blu-ray with extra features, and the third is a dvd / digital copy.

Updated the OP with this info too.

Disc 1 (Blu-ray):

* Feature film with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
* S.H.I.E.L.D. Data Vault (HD)- Extend your knowledge of the Marvel Cinematic Universe with high-level clearance into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s digital data vault. Interact with select scenes from the movie that include new layers of graphics and insider information. View case files, dossiers, S.H.I.E.L.D. training films, tech details and more.
* Previsualization and Animatics (HD)

Disc 2 (Blu-ray):

* Ultimate Iron Man: The Making of "Iron Man 2" (HD)
o Rebuilding the Suit-An all-encompassing look at the beginning stages of this mammoth blockbuster.
o A Return to Action-From Marvel Studios to the streets of Monaco, Jon Favreau takes viewers through the trials and triumphs of continuing Iron Man's story.
o Expanding the Universe-From the amazing sets of Stark Expo to Tony Stark's home and beyond, the Marvel Universe continues to unfold into new and exciting places.
o Building a Legacy-From filming to editing, scoring and visual effects, Favreau and his team face the challenges of bringing the sequel to the big screen.

* Featurettes (HD)
o Creating Stark Expo-A look at how the sets and computer-generated elements combine to create the massive set piece.
o Practical Meets Digital-How the "practical" props inform the "digital" work that ultimately brings our hero to life on screen.
o Illustrated Origin: Nick Fury-A comprehensive journey into creating one of the most mysterious and influential heroes in the Marvel Universe.
o Illustrated Origin: Black Widow-An exciting look at the new femme fatale introduced in "Iron Man 2."
o Illustrated Origin: War Machine-A look at the introduction of the character and how his friendship with Tony Stark resonates with fans.
o Working with DJ AM-Jon Favreau remembers working with Adam Goldstein.

* Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Jon Favreau (HD)
o Alternate Opening
o Coulson at the Senate
o The Sub-Orbital Jet
o Tony's Workshop (extended)
o Natalie Wears the Gauntlet
o Flying Party Girl
o Mark II Security
o Element Rediscovered (extended)

* Concept Art Gallery
* Theatrical Trailers (HD)
* Music Video: AC/DC "Shoot To Thrill"

Disc 3 (DVD):

* Feature Film
* Digital Copy

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.13215.iron_man_2_blu-ray_details_and_release_info

Last edited:
Got a shipping notice for my copies this afternoon.

They have shipped them UPS. :ohno:

Same here just checked my order and its shipped. Shows delivery by the 30th. Lets hope they are ok. Targets packaging sometimes is not the greatest. and UPS must play kickball with our packages sometimes I think.

mine is in the process to be shipped out, where they come from?

19:50 CDT Shipped out now :D

Last edited:
Buffalo-it depends-most Retailersin the US have their movies drop shipped by distributors, which may also be the case in other regions. These will come from the US, but the tracking results may not show you all specifics-some of the sub carriers contracted by UPS/shipping types, etc only show origin and delivery scan, or none in between it all. Sometimes the distribution center is chosen automatically depending on your delivery address.

Last edited:
Got a shipping notice for my copies this afternoon.

They have shipped them UPS. :ohno:

Got my shipping notice as well. I dread UPS delivered packages. I'm glad i am having it delivered to work, where it will get signed for. UPS has a tendency to always deliver things when I'm not at home, and I wind up driving a distance just to pick my package up :angry:

Got my shipping notice as well. I dread UPS delivered packages. I'm glad i am having it delivered to work, where it will get signed for. UPS has a tendency to always deliver things when I'm not at home, and I wind up driving a distance just to pick my package up :angry:

You know what's worse? UPS Mail Innovations transfers over your item to the US Postal Service for the final leg of it's journey.

Nothing like having two mail carriers to add to the fun. :rolleyes:

You know what's worse? UPS Mail Innovations transfers over your item to the US Postal Service for the final leg of it's journey.

Nothing like having two mail carriers to add to the fun. :rolleyes:

:eek: Crossing my fingers they arrive safely.

So I've heard that the lenticular part of the case is GLUED on to the front of the metalpak? So one could assume that the actual metal part of the case on the front is very likely blank... :rolleyes:

22582/30000

so if very lucky anyone can have #1 or #30000, right?

the first pic is the cover or the slipcover???

Slipcover..interesting.

22582/30000

so if very lucky anyone can have #1 or #30000, right?

the first pic is the cover or the slipcover???

Good point. I would think #1 would hold the highest value.

It looks like a slipcover to me, but I'm not 100% sure.

Got my copy in hand - nope, no slip cover. The lenticular piece is GLUED to the front of the case, the blu-ray band is the metal part with the number printed on it.

My copy that I got in-store is #29222 - I would agree, those #1 or #30000 would be very desirable.

Just a reminder, I had forgotten how delicate metalpaks are - when you open your copy, put it on a clean cloth or something - the back will scratch VERY easy. I got a small one now. :(