Mar 12, 2013
Shepperton
Release date: December 7th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £21.99

11192348-1344340183174757.jpg

11192348-9804340183187033.jpg 11192348-1594340183205612.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went for Iron Man 2 and 3 to add with my Blufans Iron Man 1.

I also impulsively bought the Media Markt Iron Man 3 with ridiculous embossing. Not sure if I will hold on to it as I just discovered it has german text on the back and i'm not a fan of that style.

Reactions: paulboland
17 Days to Ireland? Where do they ship from ? China ???????????????:jacked:
It's Zavvi not unusual :LOL::rofl:
All depends on what warehouse your order is despatched from and what country the warehouse in
They now have a few warehouses in different countries and orders can be despatched from different ones depending on the item well that's what they told me a few weeks ago not sure if it's true but it's possible
Might explain some members recently in past 3 months getting very quick delivery or be left waiting longer with orders despatched same day

You would expect for me living in Rep of Ireland they would use the UK warehouse and not use a warehouse that's far away in another country

Post from the UK to Ireland with royal mail is on average usually 3-7 days with most arriving in 5 days
Zavvi use ? to post to Ireland and other countries

This arrived today and very happy with it - IMO one of the best, if not the best, of the bunch.
Ended up keeping just this one and "Winter Soldier" and returning or cancelling the other six in the 'set'.
Perfectly scaled and lined up lenticular with the border artwork (just a fingertip, thankfully) - very unlike some of the others where NO attention has been paid to the scale and the results are monstrous :(
In the right light the lenti is not blurry at all and has excellent depth to it with the simple image standing out well against the granite effect background and the outstretched arm popping out of the frame to good effect.
Only slight issue I have is with the foreshortening of the arm which makes the gauntlet somehow look disconnected to the rest of the arm.
Anyway, prefer it to my Play.com edition thanks to a complete front image (i.e. no missing digits) and the horizontal title.
With this one you don't have to remove the lenti to appreciate it :)
8/10

Wishing all on here happy holidays and a prosperous New Year with successful hunting down of the steelbooks of your choice in 2016.

Last edited:
I received the below but wondered if I'm being picky as I'm thinking about requesting a replacement as the lento has pierced the film, what do you ladies and gents think?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 214
I received the below but wondered if I'm being picky as I'm thinking about requesting a replacement as the lento has pierced the film, what do you ladies and gents think?
@Danzigg1979 If you plan to open it, then obviously there's no problem (as it's only a shrink wrap tear)..... :naughty: but if you plan to keep it sealed, even then it's extremely minor and doesn't warrant a return (IMO) :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
@Danzigg1979 If you plan to open it, then obviously there's no problem (as it's only a shrink wrap tear)..... :naughty: but if you plan to keep it sealed, even then it's extremely minor and doesn't warrant a return (IMO) :thumbs:

If it is a tiny shrink wrap tear I wouldn't even bother.

Are you serious? That is absolutely no reason for a return, if nothing else is "damaged".

keep it. small tears are normal!

Thanks for the comments just wanted to gauge opinion. Sad as it is I keep my steelbooks sealed so that was my only concern.
Will be keeping it.

Reactions: metal hunter
There is no reason why you should have to keep it if you are not completely happy even if only for the minor reason stated. Your "damage" may be only minor but I have returned steelbooks with shrinkwrap tears in the past though admittedly too embarrassed to put down "Damaged" as the reason for the returns so I paid to send them back and then re-ordered at a later date - maybe even with a better discount code to make up for the P&P I paid for the original returns . . .
Most of the small number of my steelbook returns nowadays are to Amazon because of their super-annoying packaging where the glued strip on the plastic film holding the steel in place becomes dislodged during transit and fixes itself to the seal with such vigour that it is almost impossible to remove without causing damage to the wrapper.
Thin shrinkwrap is a pain for the sealed collector and I'd much prefer a return to the quality cellophane wrap used on many of the early steelbooks coupled with the thin opening strip as used on Eureka MOC and Arrow Dual Format Amaray releases.
Of course, it's entirely up to you but the important thing no matter what is that you are happy with the product particularly in view of the fact that you paid top dollar for it - if it had cost between a fiver and a tenner I'd probably write "Open it" and "Buy another copy to keep sealed" (which is what I used to do from 2008 to some way into 2012 - bought two copies with one to open and watch and one to keep sealed for the "collection").

Last edited:
There is no reason why you should have to keep it if you are not completely happy even if only for the minor reason stated. Your "damage" may be only minor but I have returned steelbooks with shrinkwrap tears in the past though admittedly too embarrassed to put down "Damaged" as the reason for the returns so I paid to send them back and then re-ordered at a later date - maybe even with a better discount code to make up for the P&P I paid for the original returns

I agree that you should return if not happy however with the post above it wouldn't be classed as damaged, it's just your individual OCD. I've returned a steelbook in the past when not happy despite my belief that it wouldn't be considered as damaged.