Mar 12, 2013
Shepperton
Release date: December 7th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £21.99

11192348-1344340183174757.jpg

11192348-9804340183187033.jpg 11192348-1594340183205612.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As noted previously I've only received 2 of the 8 to date - happy with the first - "Winter Soldier" - and not so much with the second - "Guardians" - but that's only because of lenti issues,.
The remaining 6, particularly the three "Iron Man" steels, I'm waiting for patiently.
Putting these new ones against previous releases of the same titles in my collection I'd go for some of these new ones over previous releases if I had to choose:-
1) IRON MAN - Play.com edition of this admittedly one of my favourites even though this one looks OK (based on the pics) = PLAY
2) IRON MAN 2 - Not so keen on the Play.com due to cropped hand on front image and most looking forward to this one from the new wave (based on pics) = ZAVVI LENTI
3) IRON MAN 3 - Do like the previous design from Zavvi though new one looks equally fine though very different (again based on pics) = TIE
4) THOR - New one should be fine and a superior product content-wise but I'm biased because I've always had a soft spot for the HMV (matte though it is . . . lol) and never was a fan of the previous Zavvi = HMV
5) THOR: DARK WORLD - Again not enamoured of the previous Zavvi but unsure how the new one will turn out regarding lining up of 'busy' artwork = ?
6) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Don't mind the previous Zavvi 'Walkman' and this new one without the lenti is just fine = TIE
7) CAPTAIN AMERICA - Again, always had a soft spot for the HMV and not keen on the previous Zavvi but this new one would be a winner if just taking content over design = HMV
8) CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER - Not keen on the previous Zavvi and the simple elegance of this new one reminds me of the HMV "Thor" = ZAVVI LENTI
Why are these releases a good thing for some of us ?
- Gives new collectors a chance to pick up hard to find titles at 'reasonable' prices and ALL WITH TITLES ON THE SPINES which has got to be a definite plus :thumbs:
- Gives old hands like myself the chance of a nice little matching 'set' of lenticular steelbooks :thumbs:
- Lenticular steelbooks are a definite rarity in the U.K. so it's nice to add a few of these to the collection with hopefully more to come with the lentis improving over time - as they have done in the majority of these examples over the previous sorry effort that was "Avengers Assemble".
- The lenti as decoration is beautifully flexible and easily removed for anyone finding them unpleasant leaving the steelbook to be enjoyed au naturel if desired and what's more the steelbooks are perfectly fine underneath with smart embossed titles as well as a quality "Zero Varnish" finish.
- Best content available, as in 3D, is included although it's most unfortunate and difficult to understand the decision not to include the double disc hub for a second disc of extras on "IM' and "IM 2", included in the earlier Double and Triple Play Amarays, just because there is no 3D for these two, as all the others have 2 disc hubs if I remember correctly.
qd7Wlk9nx8VwI.gif

As noted previously I've only received 2 of the 8 to date - happy with the first - "Winter Soldier" - and not so much with the second - "Guardians" - but that's only because of lenti issues,.
The remaining 6, particularly the three "Iron Man" steels, I'm waiting for patiently.
Putting these new ones against previous releases of the same titles in my collection I'd go for some of these new ones over previous releases if I had to choose:-
1) IRON MAN - Play.com edition of this admittedly one of my favourites even though this one looks OK (based on the pics) = PLAY
2) IRON MAN 2 - Not so keen on the Play.com due to cropped hand on front image and most looking forward to this one from the new wave (based on pics) = ZAVVI LENTI
3) IRON MAN 3 - Do like the previous design from Zavvi though new one looks equally fine though very different (again based on pics) = TIE
4) THOR - New one should be fine and a superior product content-wise but I'm biased because I've always had a soft spot for the HMV (matte though it is . . . lol) and never was a fan of the previous Zavvi = HMV
5) THOR: DARK WORLD - Again not enamoured of the previous Zavvi but unsure how the new one will turn out regarding lining up of 'busy' artwork = ?
6) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - Don't mind the previous Zavvi 'Walkman' and this new one without the lenti is just fine = TIE
7) CAPTAIN AMERICA - Again, always had a soft spot for the HMV and not keen on the previous Zavvi but this new one would be a winner if just taking content over design = HMV
8) CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER - Not keen on the previous Zavvi and the simple elegance of this new one reminds me of the HMV "Thor" = ZAVVI LENTI
- Gives new collectors a chance to pick up hard to find titles at 'reasonable' prices and ALL WITH TITLES ON THE SPINES which has got to be a definite plus :thumbs:
- Gives old hands like myself the chance of a nice little matching 'set' of lenticular steelbooks :thumbs:
- Lenticular steelbooks are a definite rarity in the U.K. so it's nice to add a few of these to the collection with hopefully more to come with the lentis improving over time - as they have done in the majority of these examples over the previous sorry effort that was "Avengers Assemble".
- The lenti as decoration is beautifully flexible and easily removed for anyone finding them unpleasant leaving the steelbook to be enjoyed au naturel if desired and what's more the steelbooks are perfectly fine underneath with smart embossed titles as well as a quality "Zero Varnish" finish.
- Best content available, as in 3D, is included although it's most unfortunate and difficult to understand the decision not to include the double disc hub for a second disc of extras on "IM' and "IM 2", included in the earlier Double and Triple Play Amarays, just because there is no 3D for these two, as all the others have 2 disc hubs if I remember correctly.

I get people come here to voice their opinions, views and what not but without trying to be mean I'm really starting to hate entering threads seeing your wall of text replies. Normally I scroll through them but after a while it's hard to ignore every day. I don't think I'm on my own here when I say this but it's really hard work trying to read everything you post.

Maybe think about cutting the length down and not repeat things that have been said in similar threads by yourself. Your views are welcome, but please make them concise.

Wow...... How much do you get paid trying to convince people to buy these?
Its like £200 for all of them just before Christmas when it will be about £75-£90 in a few months lol.

Oh sorry with discounts you save about £15!!

The UK clearly can't get decent lenticulars on steelbooks for some reason and maybe that's why we don't usually get them.
Next one will be hunger games so let's hope it's top range standard lenti unlike these awful to mediocre attempts (life if pi is not the best either)

I get people come here to voice their opinions, views and what not but without trying to be mean I'm really starting to hate entering threads seeing your wall of text replies. Normally I scroll through them but after a while it's hard to ignore every day. I don't think I'm on my own here when I say this but it's really hard work trying to read everything you post.

Maybe think about cutting the length down and not repeat things that have been said in similar threads by yourself. Your views are welcome, but please make them concise.
Cheers for the feedback - you realise of course that don't HAVE to read the posts if they are so painful and ignoring them may be better for you and for other like-minded individuals :)
At least I make an effort unlike some whose posts are "full of sound and fury, piss and vinegar, signifying nothing" (with apologies to the Immortal Bard).

Joking aside, and TBH this is my reaction to the usual suspects spouting the usual BS about any and nearly every Zavvi release.
I find your posts to be as predictable and painful as I'm sure my posts are to you and to others in your cosy little clique.
The fact that these releases have been generally well-received by the majority of purchasers clearly means not a jot to you and to others like you and any further negativity will be met by positivity from me unless it is not warranted.

Last edited:

Jesus, wall of text that no one reads :banghead:
I thought this was an IRON MAN 2 thread!

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Cheers for the feedback - you realise of course that don't HAVE to read the posts if they are so painful and ignoring them may be better for you and for other like-minded individuals :)
At least I make an effort unlike some whose posts are "full of sound and fury, piss and vinegar, signifying nothing" (with apologies to the Immortal Bard).

Joking aside, and TBH this is my reaction to the usual suspects spouting the usual BS about any and nearly every Zavvi release.
I find your posts to be as predictable and painful as I'm sure my posts are to you and to others in your cosy little clique.
The fact that these releases have been generally well-received by the majority of purchasers clearly means not a jot to you and to others like you and any further negativity will be met by positivity from me unless it is not warranted.

Lol :LOL:don't listen to them @virkia
You are entitled to write whatever you please as you say don't have to read it, if it's really troubling them so much they can put you on ignore. That post telling you that your posts was about as long :rofl:

A lot of people have liked these releases and bought them. Yes they will probably be cheaper but alot of people don't wait for price drops on most things they want it NOW lol

I think these would make lovely Christmas gifts and of course with Christmas presents almost every present you buy two weeks later after Christmas is half price lol

@virkia
Hahahahahahahahha there are a lot more spelling mistakes on here than mine.
Now I know it makes you tick though so that's all I need

And why have you replied to me by editing my message? Reply to me properly - get it right!

(Oh and by they way, some people may not know the difference between the 2 spellings or might even be dyslexic - not everyone has a great education so to talk to someone like that is a big mistake when they might not have a clue what your talking about, and im guessing you picked me out for obvious reasons considering the amount of spelling mistakes on this site which is usual, due to the amount of people being from all around the world and using different devices to write with (I'm on a phone and you will notice a lot more mistakes - can't help it and even more now to p*ss you off!)

Last edited:
I'm so confuzed.
Fixed.
For some reason when I edit my post it shows I quoted someone on this thread but the actual post don't show it so yeah looked a little confusing but if you read the thread you can see who I'm replying to

Also the way the person has replied to me and quoted me has made it look confusing by making it look like I said that last paragraph!!!
Check the post above mine with the complementary cr*p - I never wrote that

Let's keep it friendly please folks. This back and forth arguing just derails the thread. Either take it to PM or just move along. Let's try and get back on topic. Thanks.

Sorry, but couldn't believe I was getting spelling lesson by someone on a site where we all make errors. Especially when using a phone

Talk about anal

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Flash