Shepperton
Release date: December 7th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £21.99

11192348-1344340183174757.jpg

11192348-9804340183187033.jpg 11192348-1594340183205612.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a quick reminder to all.
Unlike the other Iron Man / Captain America / Thor releases. This appears to be a one disc non-3D edition unfortunately.

Just a quick reminder to all.
Unlike the other Iron Man / Captain America / Thor releases. This appears to be a one disc non-3D edition unfortunately.

Iron Man 2 isn't in 3D.

Though given how greedy The Mouse is, they may very well re-release Iron Man 2 in 3D in a couple of years, and all of us suckers will open our mouth and wallet wide open.

I will never understand this obsession for 3D with people older than 12. 95% of the time it's just a cashgrab imo, and I don't think any of the Marvel movies released in 3D have made anyone go "oh look, 3D actually enhances the experience throughout the film on many occasions, I'm glad I paid an extra", which is something you could say for a handful of films only (too bad so many films tried to follow Avatar...).

Reactions: lgans316
Iron Man 2 isn't in 3D.

Though given how greedy The Mouse is, they may very well re-release Iron Man 2 in 3D in a couple of years, and all of us suckers will open our mouth and wallet wide open.

I will never understand this obsession for 3D with people older than 12. 95% of the time it's just a cashgrab imo, and I don't think any of the Marvel movies released in 3D have made anyone go "oh look, 3D actually enhances the experience throughout the film on many occasions, I'm glad I paid an extra", which is something you could say for a handful of films only (too bad so many films tried to follow Avatar...).

Guardians is amazing in 3D but the others have not been great at all (not seen age of ultron in 3D though)

Well spotted and most helpful and informative.
That's what I'm talking about.
GBP 19.79 is OK for this and just about where it should be (IMO) though I wouldn't say no to a BOGOF for this one and "Guardians" (and also for "Scissorhands" and "Max Payne") taking into account the Black Friday aspect an' all.

price is not Black Friday worthy lol
will patiently wait, no way 4k print run will sell out
If Avengers 2 & Inside Out Zavvi couldn't sell out, this catalogue title will still be available for me when there's a real sale

i wouldn't take the risk if i were you ...

many collectors who missed out on Play.com's version have been waiting a long time for a new Iron Man 2 steelbook so it wouldn't surprise me if this one will be one of the first from this new Marvel steelbook wave to sell out

Avengers 2 didn't sell out yet but that one has a higher print run and the same steelbook is available in many other countries

Last edited:
i wouldn't take the risk if i were you ...

many collectors who missed out on Play.com's version have been waiting a long time for a new Iron Man 2 steelbook so it wouldn't surprise me if this one will be one of the first from this new Marvel steelbook wave to sell out

Avengers 2 didn't sell out yet but that one has a higher print run and the same steelbook is available in many other countries

I'm one of them. Missed out on the early Marvel steelbook releases so I have been waiting for new releases. I've gone for the latest Thor 1&2 and Iron Man 3 versions from Zavvi as I dig their artwork, but I cannot bring myself to buy this version of Iron Man. The art looks like someone has pasted an image of Iron Man and War Machine onto a stone texture background. There are people here who post in the Custom Steelbooks Design thread that would blow this out of the water. Seems like a lazy release from Zavvi.

Reactions: charleybusko