Iron Man 2

Jan 30, 2009
England
Lets keep this where we keep all the Iron Man 2 News, things will heat up when we get nearer to shooting, and before anyone says it...yes i know its not coming out untill next year :)

Ok just some news for you guys on the new Iron Man film!Well a rumour??

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=52871

Entertainment Weekly is reporting the rumor that Scarlett Johansson is in discussions with Marvel Studios to replace Emily Blunt for the role of Russian superspy Natasha Romanoff, who doubles as Black Widow, in Iron Man 2.

Blunt's commitment to 20th Century Fox and the studio's upcoming Gulliver's Travels may prohibit her from co-starring in the superhero sequel.

Marvel will not confirm, but sources tell EW that Johansson has indeed met with the filmmakers and is interested in taking the role. Blunt's reps are still trying to make both projects work, but "Gulliver's" is further along, with a start date of April 15. Iron Man 2 still doesn't have a shooting script and a start date has not yet been determined.

6a00d8341bf6c153ef01157115dbb0970c-800wi

6a00d8341bf6c153ef01157118b5f5970c-800wi

r-12888r-550x366.jpg

Confirmed bits of info:

* Sam Rockwell plays a fast-talking weapons manufacturer named Justin Hammer, “who fancies himself the next Tony Stark”
* Mickey Rourke plays Russian criminal Vanko, who creates his own battle-suit while incarcerated in a Soviet prison.
* Whiplash’s suit “shoots devastating, whip-like beams.”
* Hammer and Whiplash join forces to take on Stark/Iron Man,
* Rourke insisted that his character have a cockatoo, which he talks to and gets drunk with while he’s making the suit.
* Scarlett Johansson plays Russian superspy (possibly undercover?) Natasha Romanoff (aka the Black Widow), who is hirede as Stark’s assistant which inevitably sparks romantic tension between Stark and former assistant Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow), who’s been promoted to CEO of Stark Industries.

Last edited:
Iron Man 2 - Review has been posted!

[YT]<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNQowwwwYa0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FNQowwwwYa0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>[/YT]

Can't Wait!

New TV Spot!
[YT]
<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IyXmNf-tII&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IyXmNf-tII&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>[/YT]

Here's the Iron Man 2 review from Hollywoodreporter.com. The guy just doesn't seem to have ever picked up a comic book in his life. Be careful is spoilerrific!!! Read at your own risk! You've been warned!

Well, that didn't take long. Everything fun and terrific about "Iron Man," a mere two years ago, has vanished with its sequel. In its place, "Iron Man 2" has substituted noise, confusion, multiple villains, irrelevant stunts and misguided story lines. A film series that started out with critical and commercial success will have to settle for only the latter with this sequel. Robert Downey Jr.'s return as Tony Stark/Iron Man will assure that.

For a film riding a wave of unbridled achievement from its predecessor, "Iron Man 2" begins with a curious sense of panic. Characters all talk at once. Hesitant story lines launch in all directions. The soundtrack and music clang away, but onscreen little happens until a big set-piece at a Grand Prix race nearly 20 minutes into the movie.

Downey's Stark, the Howard Hughes-like creator of the Iron Man's software and hardware -- and its embodiment when he dons the flying iron suit -- is suffering from both megalomania and a blood toxicity condition. These seem to be leading Stark into severe mental instability.

Other plot lines concern a Congressional hearing and a nasty Senator (Gary Shandling), a crazed Russian inventor (Sam Rockwell), a dishy new assistant (Scarlett Johansson) as a rival to his Girl Friday (Gwyneth Paltrow), a demented Russian inventor (Mickey Rourke with tattoos splayed across his body), psychological issues involving Stark's late father, a sidekick (Don Cheadle) who betrays Stark and the deterioration of Stark's corporation.

And what is at stake here? The fate of the world? The emergence of a new superpower? No, it all seems to pivot around who'll win a new Defense contract. Wow, there's an emotional grabber.

A new writer, actor Justin Theroux, must have "Cut To:" installed as a default in his screenwriting software. When in doubt, his script cuts to a new place -- Moscow, Monte Carlo, Malibu -- character or situation, not all of them credible or logical.

An actor as formidable as Samuel L. Jackson doesn't even show up until the movie feels like it's winding down. He wears an eye patch and an air of uncertainty. Now who is he supposed to be? Oh, he's Scarlet Johansson's real boss, and then she turns out to be Cat Woman only without the feline suit. She struts through the film in various stages of dress and undress, which may be the best thing about "Iron Man 2" for its younger male fans.

What made the original film so, well, original, was the notion of a superhero as a conflicted individual with enough complexes and mental crises that saving the planet became a sort of stress-relief valve. Now he's borderline psychotic. Not that Downey has any qualms about tackling messed-up bad boys, but the film never makes clear whether he's just being Tony or really cracking up.

The CGI fight scenes quickly become tedious, their outcomes never really in doubt and the mechanics rather clunky. The sight of metal men smashing each other about without drawing any real blood is more reminiscent of the sandbox games of a child with his play toys than any movie magic. That actually was true of the first movie as well, but one overlooked it because Tony's prickly personality so dominated the action. Here Tony has to fight too many over-the-top characters for audience attention. He loses that battle.

Visual and CGI effects are the best and worst thing about "Iron Man 2." The film relies far too much on them. They catch you up in the action but, unfortunately, nothing else does.

I went to see it last night. While I don't think is as good as the first it does serve as a nice introductory piece to the following Marvel films. It's not bad, but a bit more action would have done the job. Don't get me wrong I loved it.

I have no clue what the reviewers that have trashed it were really expecting it to be. I mean anyone who has an exposure to the comic books can instantly see where the film is going and there's no need to complete dissect each character. I can honestly say these people were expecting something with deep meaning and serious bs that doesn't really belong with this film.

Spoliers!!

The Cap shield is shown unfinished! I thought the film takes a more comedic turn while introducing some sweet action. I definitely thought that more whiplash was needed and didn't really appear much in screen.

BTW STAY FOR THE SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS!!! SWEET SURPRISE PEOPLE!!! :scat:

Last edited:
I went to see it last night. While I don't think is as good as the first it does serve as a nice introductory piece to the following Marvel films. It's not bad, but a bit more action would have done the job. Don't get me wrong I loved it.

I have no clue what the reviewers that have trashed it were really expecting it to be. I mean anyone who has an exposure to the comic books can instantly see where the film is going and there's no need to complete dissect each character. I can honestly say these people were expecting something with deep meaning and serious bs that doesn't really belong with this film.

Spoliers!!

The Cap shield is shown unfinished! I thought the film takes a more comedic turn while introducing some sweet action. I definitely thought that more whiplash was needed and didn't really appear much in screen.

BTW STAY FOR THE SCENE AFTER THE CREDITS!!! SWEET SURPRISE PEOPLE!!! :scat:

That was one of the things the reviewers didn't like. They said there was too much action.

I think the balance of story vs. action was perfect. I didn't want more of either. I REALLY liked the film, and the little comic geek things put in there was a nice touch.

Plus the scene after the credits got me really excited! lol...

I don't remember the first one well enough to compare, but i'd say if you like super hero movies this one wont disappoint.

There's no such thing as too much action lol I enjoyed every single one of those scenes!!

Specially the end, it was just sick firefight!! :scat:

I can't complain though it is what it is. I can't wait to see what's stored for us with the next Marvel film. I was definitely pumped after the end credits scene! :scat:

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

I forgot to mention Sam Rockwell is freaking excellent in his role!! :scat: