Mar 7, 2019
Release date: August 12, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £27.99

12132775-6954673283760956.jpg

12132775-1824673284780965.jpg
12132775-3494673283553170.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I agree on both. After looking at posters the other day it’s clear what they will go for with these. But iron man 3 I’m still not sure. I reakon it will be the one with pepper holding the iron man helmet and Tony much smaller below

I really like the art used on the back of the wwa too with him kneeling down.
That's actually the one I want to use for IM3, but I can't find a textless version unfortunately, so I'll most likely go with the one where Tony and Pepper are cuddling :happy: lol.

No "void" here and certainly no "floating" . . . the background or "void" as you call it is a tiny space compared to the space filled by the artwork which occupies more than 90% of the steelbook canvas.
You want "void" then check out a thousand and one other steelbooks.

Anyway, this steelbook is just as good as the Play.com steelbook, only different.
Happy for you, but it's still a void with floating people, whatever you say

It would be a great catch if they managed to get part of the print run.

Who knows, maybe it was just a small amount available.
Iron Man is high demand release this was always going to sell out quickly and especially it been a 4K UHD release

Previous Zavvi UK steelbooks for Iron Man 1 and 2 also sold out very quickly as have the recent Zavvi exclusive Captain America 4K UHD steelbook releases

The artwork on its own is fine.

iron_man_ver3_xlg.jpg

It's when you place it over that frame that it starts looking meh.

There's no accounting for taste.

UnlinedZealousGrackle-size_restricted.gif

This sold out incredibly quickly, I do wonder whether EverythingBlu picked up part of the print run.

One reason this sold out so quickly is because they don't make as many copies of Marvel catalog titles as they do with new releases such as Captain Marvel and Avengers Endgame.

The other is because just like Captain America: The First Avenger, most SteelBook collectors weren't collecting back when Iron Man was originally released.

You may have noticed it took longer for the 4K Winter Soldier and 4K Civil War SteelBooks to sell out simply because they are more recent movies and people already have SteelBook releases for them.

Hard to say what will happen with Iron Man 2 and 3. Because they are older titles, there may be more demand for them than Winter Soldier and Civil War.