I Am Iron Man
Visual Effects
Robert Downey Jr. Screen Test
Theatrical Trailers
Galleries
Credits
Iron Man IQ

Last edited by a moderator:
@tenderheartbear If you just care about buying a steelbook for the movie to watch and always go with the cheapest option, you probably should just go with regular amaray. Steelbooks are collectible items, like stamps for example, stamps collectors don't buy stamps to put on an envelope, same with the majority of us here, we don't buy steelbooks just simply to watch movies.
But everyone is entitled to their own opinion, you think it's silly to pay that much for just a movie, but to me I'm more than proud to pay for it. I guess you just don't care enough and I care too much then :D

Not really as I prefer to own the movies I want with nicer packaging than a standard amaray.

IMO, steelbooks are nicer than amarays, so that's already a plus. What I don't need is the best possible steelbook available to enhance it further. I'm happy to admit that there are many nicer steelbook editions than some of the ones I own, but they're not worth paying extra for, for what is essentially a box to hold a disc. Sure, if there's several different designs to choose from, at the time I decide to buy the movie (and if they're all the same price and easy to get) then I'll buy the one that's most aesthetically pleasing, but by and large I'm not that fussed.

Put it this way, I'd rather my Marvel releases had titles on the spines, but frankly it's cheaper and easier to just pick up a local one without a title rather than pay extra to join a group buy or wait for a cheap one to turn up on Ebay. I'm just lazy that way, and obviously don't care enough. I can see why some collectors want all-singing, all-dancing editions to show off and display as that's what's important to them. I never said anything about how much someone should pay for something. They should pay whatever they feel is right, no matter how crazy it may seem to others.

As for comparing them to stamps, just like stamps I don't care if their value goes up as I don't plan on selling them and I'm not buying them as an investment. I buy them to watch. I don't put protective sleeves on them, I don't save the J-cards and I don't worry too much if they get the odd scratch (I try not to scratch them though). Steelbooks, while a nice way to collect movies, are not as important to me as a lot of other things are.

Play and Blufans released their versions not to mock the Futureshop version but provide options to collectors...and I am very happy with both Play and Blufans steelbooks.

I started my collection about 4 years ago and since then I just can't get past a steelbook that has a blue banner on top, but that's just me.

Buy steelbooks because you really want them not for what others think.
It's disconcerting to come to the collector party late and pay $700+ for so called 'grails' treating them as investments only to have their value halved today because of available market choices.

Frankly, I think the days of so called 'grails' with ridiculous prices are coming to an end with all the reissues and super package versions that have been offered to collectors recently.

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316
Play and Blufans released their versions not to mock the Futureshop version but provide options to collectors...and I am very happy with both Play and Blufans steelbooks.

I started my collection about 4 years ago and since then I just can't get past a steelbook that has a blue banner on top, but that's just me.

Buy steelbooks because you really want them not for what others think.
It's disconcerting to come to the collector party late and pay $700+ for so called 'grails' treating them as investments only to have their value halved today because of available market choices.

Frankly, I think the days of so called 'grails' with ridiculous prices are coming to an end with all the reissues and super package versions that have been offered to collectors recently.

Maybe i came off wrong man . im not knocking other versions but i dont like the blufans IMO but for people to continuously knock it down i bet 95 percent dont own it and if they had ..hey maybe they didnt like it ..... I do like the play.com verison and own it aswell i feel it is the second best looking one and you cant deny IRONMAN FS being the marvel that started it all period .. i have a problem with people trying to knock a original grail..common guys its ironman fs ..like i said IMO but it seems i am not alone ..
KEEP STEELBOOKS ALIVE :)

Maybe i came off wrong man . im not knocking other versions but i dont like the blufans IMO but for people to continuously knock it down i bet 95 percent dont own it and if they had ..hey maybe they didnt like it ..... I do like the play.com verison and own it aswell i feel it is the second best looking one and you cant deny IRONMAN FS being the marvel that started it all period .. i have a problem with people trying to knock a original grail..common guys its ironman fs ..like i said IMO but it seems i am not alone ..

I think pretty much everyone appreciates the FS Iron Man for the impact it had on steelbook collectors at the time, and yes, at the time I'm sure a lot of people wanted it. Even I wanted it when it was the only Iron Man out there, despite my dislike of blue banners and the thick red border.

I suppose fortunately I got into steelbooks fairly late, so by the time I finally got around to looking for an Iron Man one, Play's was on the horizon. It didn't have a blue banner so that was the one for me. Since then, half a dozen more have turned up, some better than what I have, some worse and some about the same. If I didn't have an Iron Man steelbook right now, and every one was the same price I'd pick the Blu-fans edition (I think), with Play's second and Zavvi's down the bottom somewhere. As much as the FS edition is a great quality item, with thick paint and thick gloss, I just don't like the blue banner so now it always comes last. I had the same issue with early IM2 steelbooks.

With all that said, if the FS IM is the centerpiece of anyone's collection, that's great. I really can see why it would be.

Im telling you i have the blufans aswell man and the quality is Not veen close AT ALL.. IMO ..it feels so light and cheap.. as a matter of fact mine feels like it has a unusual slope to it... i was interested in getting into blufans until i owned a couple and i just feel that they are so flimsy . The original IRONMAN.. has to be seen in person.. to be honest i get nervous everytime i handle mine. Like i get a feeling in the pit of my stomach.. what other steelbook would ever do this . i was talking with Gui last week and he sold his last copy and it was the hardest one for him to sell man.before i joined he mentioned i should join this forum because there are other steelbook lovers just like me .Call me old school or EXTREME OCD collector ..but out of all of the steelbooks i have IRONMAN FS is my favorite ..second best all time for me is the WATCHMEN FS original.. nothing like the thick gloss and complete different story from the duplicates . the same way i feel about IRONMAN FS.
like i said when people try to devalue and knock down rare steels they will only end up burning them selves ..if a grail goes down eventually so will yours..trickle effect.. keep up the negativity like sonic boom has done in all of her posts of ironman. and you will only hurt the value of steelbooks all together.. poeple trying to talk it down so they can be sneaky and go buy one for them selves.. and people saying `.grail days are over.. what are you talking about .. the last captain america tawain sold for over 1000 US this year .. there are 2 thors japans with loose discs for like 700 US PLUS for sale .. there are two ironmanFS for sale right now one with spine slash for 420$ so not perfect and the other for 500$ with loose disc.. THE ECONOMY IS BRUTAL this is why people are selling for less .. i have emailed and enquired .. one guy tells me its because he has a new born baby and he needs the money.. IRONMAN FS HAS BEEN MENTIONED IN ARTICLES ABOUT STEELBOOKS... HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE . and finally NO REISSUE WILL BE LIKE THE ORIGINAL. IT WAS RELEASE WHEN THE FILM WAS OUT OF THEATRES.. IT IS A ORIGINAL RELEASE .ITS OWNING A PIECE OF HISTORY . LIKE A VERY RARE FRAGILE POSTER ..A REAL PIECE OF THAT TIME ..AND P PS HERE HAD NEVER BEEN ANYTHING LIKE BLURAY STEELBOOKS EVER.. DVDS HAS DIFFEERENT ISSUES BUT NEVER A FOLLOWING LIKE THIS.AND WHEN BLURAYS ARE THE LAST OF PHYSICAL MEDIA ..YOU WILL OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY.. AND MARVEL NEVER DIES ..

KEEP STEELBOOKS ALIVE SUPPORT EACHOTHER ..WE ALL INVESTED ALOT OF TIME AND MONEY INTO THIS HOBBY ..WE RE THE ONES WHO BUY THESE AND CELEBRATE TOGETHER..MJAORITY OF THE WORLD THINK WE ARE CRAZY.THEY DONT GET IT. HENCE THE REASON I WANTED TO JOIN .. THIS IS OUR HOBBY .OUR PASSION.. AND I ASSURE YOU THE FAN BASE IS GROWING.LET THEM REALESE A THOUSAND MORE OF THE SAME..

P P PS THIS IS WHAT I DO EVERYTIME I SEE MY IRONMAN

Im telling you i have the blufans aswell man and the quality is Not veen close AT ALL.. IMO ..it feels so light and cheap.. as a matter of fact mine feels like it has a unusual slope to it... i was interested in getting into blufans until i owned a couple and i just feel that they are so flimsy . The original IRONMAN.. has to be seen in person.. to be honest i get nervous everytime i handle mine. Like i get a feeling in the pit of my stomach.. what other steelbook would ever do this . i was talking with Gui last week and he sold his last copy and it was the hardest one for him to sell man.before i joined he mentioned i should join this forum because there are other steelbook lovers just like me .Call me old school or EXTREME OCD collector ..but out of all of the steelbooks i have IRONMAN FS is my favorite ..second best all time for me is the WATCHMEN FS original.. nothing like the thick gloss and complete different story from the duplicates . the same way i feel about IRONMAN FS.
like i said when people try to devalue and knock down rare steels they will only end up burning them selves ..if a grail goes down eventually so will yours..trickle effect.. keep up the negativity like sonic boom has done in all of her posts of ironman. and you will only hurt the value of steelbooks all together.. poeple trying to talk it down so they can be sneaky and go buy one for them selves.. and people saying `.grail days are over.. what are you talking about .. the last captain america tawain sold for over 1000 US this year .. there are 2 thors japans with loose discs for like 700 US PLUS for sale .. there are two ironmanFS for sale right now one with spine slash for 420$ so not perfect and the other for 500$ with loose disc.. THE ECONOMY IS BRUTAL this is why people are selling for less .. i have emailed and enquired .. one guy tells me its because he has a new born baby and he needs the money.. IRONMAN FS HAS BEEN MENTIONED IN ARTICLES ABOUT STEELBOOKS... HISTORICAL SIGNIFICANCE . and finally NO REISSUE WILL BE LIKE THE ORIGINAL. IT WAS RELEASE WHEN THE FILM WAS OUT OF THEATRES.. IT IS A ORIGINAL RELEASE .ITS OWNING A PIECE OF HISTORY . LIKE A VERY RARE FRAGILE POSTER ..A REAL PIECE OF THAT TIME ..AND P PS HERE HAD NEVER BEEN ANYTHING LIKE BLURAY STEELBOOKS EVER.. DVDS HAS DIFFEERENT ISSUES BUT NEVER A FOLLOWING LIKE THIS.AND WHEN BLURAYS ARE THE LAST OF PHYSICAL MEDIA ..YOU WILL OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY.. AND MARVEL NEVER DIES ..

KEEP STEELBOOKS ALIVE SUPPORT EACHOTHER ..WE ALL INVESTED ALOT OF TIME AND MONEY INTO THIS HOBBY ..WE RE THE ONES WHO BUY THESE AND CELEBRATE TOGETHER..MJAORITY OF THE WORLD THINK WE ARE CRAZY.THEY DONT GET IT. HENCE THE REASON I WANTED TO JOIN .. THIS IS OUR HOBBY .OUR PASSION.. AND I ASSURE YOU THE FAN BASE IS GROWING.LET THEM REALESE A THOUSAND MORE OF THE SAME..

Surely the best way to keep steelbooks alive is to buy new ones when they come out. That shows there's still a demand for them.

What you seem to be saying with the FS Iron Man is that, because it's your favourite steelbook, and what it represents to the history of steelbooks it shouldn't be criticized. Sure, it's an important milestone as I'm sure it ignited a lot of interest in Blu-ray steelbooks (DVD steelbooks had been around for years), and it was/still is, a great quality item.

You can bet though, that if it was released today (assuming no other IM steelbook existed), it would sell but there'd be a lot of complaints about the blue banner with people going 'what the hell, we haven't had banners for years!'. It's a product of its time, as I said, a great product, but it's not for everyone. There are other versions out there that might better suit a collector's needs.

An item, including this release is only worth what someone will pay for it. I have items that have gone up in value over the years, and others that have devalued. It doesn't matter though as I have no intention of selling them.

Anyway, I'm glad you have it in your collection and that it brings you joy. That's what it's all about.

That's why the newest not even realesed Deadpool steelbook has the same structure half the face with bold name on the side downwards..it ok you don't have one we understand :)

But isn't the whole point of Deadpool to poke fun at other Superheros?

I'm with you though. I love this IM steel. Gets me all nostalgic for the when steels were a bit more premium and not churned out for every movie good or bad with mad prices.

Reactions: Truthsteel
But isn't the whole point of Deadpool to poke fun at other Superheros?

I'm with you though. I love this IM steel. Gets me all nostalgic for the when steels were a bit more premium and not churned out for every movie good or bad with mad prices.
Me to man :)!!! It is good to hear