Release date: November 30th 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi.com
Price: £21.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

01.jpg

02.jpg 04.jpg
00.jpg 03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey folks, feel free to pitch in with what you think would make a nice artwork for this steel.

I'll get the ball rolling with the Mark 1 suit, would be nice to see it featured on the front for a change. :)

4177908-5540091066-Detai.jpg

Reactions: rj531
What a JOKE!!! Same steels over and over! I love Iron Man and I have EVERY steel for this film but this is just getting out of hand. I can bet money it will be the FS artwork too! :angry::angry:

It was always going to happen. I am pretty happy with the Play.com edition though, I can't really see this being any better.

Reactions: psychoscot
it will be very interesting to see if the play.com version will hold his value after this zavvi version gets released ...

and i guess a new steelbook for Iron Man 2 will be up next

This is in danger of belly flopping, one sure thing to put the whole thread into orbit is to announce FS art work. It has to happen, just to it!

Pass for me, I love my Play.com version (but if it's got some amazing artwork and is glossed and embossed, well I may snap one one up). Now Zavvi need to do a vertical Incredible Hulk and another Iron Man 3 with a title on the front I'll be happy to double dip, I'd also like Zavvi to give us a true Guardians of the Galaxy steelbook.

Reactions: rj531 and snooloui
hmmmm….

….the average price of an oos IM steelbook is around £100, give or take…. i wonder if zavvi realise there is a very high probability they can get away with charging an extra high price for this? :naughty:

I think you can easily charge £50 for this zavvi…. easily….. and it wld still go oos fast, providing the run isnt more than 4k.

Of course there might be plenty of righteous indignation on forums such as HDN when such a price is revealed…. but when live day comes, u can bet ur ASS that steelbook noobs will still be orderin in their droves, because the alternative is at least double :naughty:

OR

I suppose zavvi could keep it low at £25, but have a significantly higher print run than normal … say 6,000 copies? ….wait…. play.com terminator & prometheus was 5,000 and they still did very well, so how about 8,000? ….this is IM after all :naughty:

Using either way, our retailing friends here would do good business here and make a lot of money :naughty:

Zavvi, SaberTooth advice is: Best to milk this one for all its worth here and now, before the next 17 noob retailers jump in on the IM action ;)

Indeed…. Film Arena edition cant be too far off…. …. better be quick and milk this one goooooood b4 steelbook suckers get half a clue :whistle: :naughty: :D

hmmmm….

….the average price of an oos IM steelbook is around £100, give or take…. i wonder if zavvi realise there is a very high probability they can get away with charging an extra high price for this? :naughty:

I think you can easily charge £50 for this zavvi…. easily….. and it wld still go oos fast, providing the run isnt more than 4k.

Of course there might be plenty of righteous indignation on forums such as HDN when such a price is revealed…. but when live day comes, u can bet ur ASS that steelbook noobs will still be orderin in their droves, because the alternative is at least double :naughty:

OR

I suppose zavvi could keep it low at £25, but have a significantly higher print run than normal … say 6,000 copies? ….wait…. play.com terminator & prometheus was 5,000 and they still did very well, so how about 8,000? ….this is IM after all :naughty:

Using either way, our retailing friends here would do good business here and make a lot of money :naughty:

Zavvi, SaberTooth advice is: Best to milk this one for all its worth here and now, before the next 17 noob retailers jump in on the IM action ;)

Indeed…. Film Arena edition cant be too far off…. …. better be quick and milk this one goooooood b4 steelbook suckers get half a clue :whistle: :naughty: :D
Mate,

IM play has been going for £65+ consistently.

Blufans is on the bottom of the pile followed by Kimchi.

I hope they keep the print run under 3k and price under £18 including both discs.