Iron Man Trilogy (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: April 6, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Saturn - 4u2play
Price: €66.27 (Amazon) - €71.99 (Saturn) - €105.99 (4u2play)
Notes: Region Free (all discs)

iron-man-trilogie-limited-4k-ultra-hd-edition-im-steelbook-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray-png.292438

61u-FyEU+QL._SL1287_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I said 8K TV not 8K Blu-ray
8K consumer TV's are already in production and will be available end of this year or early next year prices expected to be at higher end at first but TV manufactures will have lot more models at cheaper prices by 2020.

3 years from now you will see most of the TV manufactures have 8K Tv's on the market and at reasonable price
Japan 2020 olympics will be broadcast in full 8K so the 8K TV will have a TV tuners capable of receiving 8K transmissions by then

Why purchase a 4K TV unless your need a new TV now when you can wait 3 years and get a 8K TV instead
4K UHD Blu-ray releases will have more releases over the coming next 2 years but won't be as quick as it was from DVD to Blu-ray as most consumers who only purchased a 1080p TV in last 4-7 years won't have a need to upgrade yet to 4K TV and when they do will be more likely be in 3-4 years and by then 8K TV will be the product TV manufactures will be promoting for sale instead of 4K TV

In 3 years from now you will have lot more of 4K UHD Blu-ray releases as lot of the consumers upgraded their 1080p TV to 4K TV or 8K TV
Amount of capable 4K or 8K TV's in homes is what creates the demand for release of Films on 4K UHD Blu-ray on a large scale until most have capable 4K TV in their homes release of 4K UHD Blu-ray will be at slow pace

The Olympics? I'm skeptical most people will buy 8K just to watch the Olympics for a few months. Maybe rich people will, but not regular people. Most people want a TV where they can enjoy their favorite movies and TV shows in the best possible format. Personally, I'm not a sports aficionado. I doubt most broadcasters will switch to 8K by 2020. As I write this, some independent channels are actually still airing content in standard definition.

I do know that at some point 8K will be viable, but I don't think that point will be reached by 2020. Maybe 2025? Also, 8K is pointless unless you plan on buying a 100 inch flat screen or something like that. Other than the wealthy, how many people will buy 100 inch flat screens for their living rooms?

I just saw some screenshots that look amazing. Mine will be here in a couple hours. Will watch it tonight.

If you think it looks awful I cant imagine how bad the regular blu-ray looks.

All these are from 2K DI (sorry about thr mistake on IM2 in my previous posts).

Concorde are a small Germany based distributor and I am not sure if they have the budget and tools in place to create a true 4K DI.

Iron Man 1 and 2 - Both picture and sound were near reference quality (Paramount discs).

Iron Man 3 (Disney) was way below its prequels in terms of both picture and sound.

I don't like the front of the Steelbook and overall this Steelbook looks poor. Clearly the distributor wanted to rush and make some sales before Paramount / Disney starts releasing this in 4K with Atmos audio.

Also to the best of my knowledge, the German release of IM1 and 2 had both extras and the feature film crammed into one disc as opposed to the Paramount release that had bonus features on a separate disc.

Reactions: henry00x

Concorde are a small Germany based distributor and I am not sure if they have the budget and tools in place to create a true 4K DI.
Nobody will create "a true 4K DI" after a movie was already finished using a 2K DI. That would include re-scanning the source material and redoing the color grading and other post-processing. An utterly ridiculous effort and nobody would see the difference.

:rofl:

Nobody will create "a true 4K DI" after a movie was already finished using a 2K DI. That would include re-scanning the source material and redoing the color grading and other post-processing. An utterly ridiculous effort and nobody would see the difference.

:rofl:

You are clearly delusional. Sony created so many 4K masters for their mastered in 4K series which are being used for the UHD releases as well despite the 2K DI counterparts being in a reasonably good shape.

Reactions: goufcustom

Iron Man 1 and 2 - Both picture and sound were near reference quality (Paramount discs).

Iron Man 3 (Disney) was way below its prequels in terms of both picture and sound.

I don't like the front of the Steelbook and overall this Steelbook looks poor. Clearly the distributor wanted to rush and make some sales before Paramount / Disney starts releasing this in 4K with Atmos audio.

Also to the best of my knowledge, the German release of IM1 and 2 had both extras and the feature film crammed into one disc as opposed to the Paramount release that had bonus features on a separate disc.

You can stick with the normal Blu-ray. I will watch the 4K UHD.

You are clearly delusional. Sony created so many 4K masters for their mastered in 4K series which are being used for the UHD releases as well despite the 2K DI counterparts being in a reasonably good shape.
They created new Blu-Ray-Masters, yes. They did most certainly not re-create the post-processing of finished films. Most (if not all) "Mastered in 4K" titles are either pre-digital movies that where still finished on actual film or more recent ones that already had a DI with a higher than 2K resolution.

Last edited:
They created new Blu-Ray-Masters, yes. They did most certainly not re-create the post-processing of finished films. Most (if not all) "Mastered in 4K" titles are either pre-digital movies that where still finished on actual film or more recent ones that already had a DI with a higher than 2K resolution.

You said no Studio will recreate a 4K DI when they already have a 2K DI.

Battle LA, Amazing Spiderman, Crouching Tiger etc for example had a 2K DI. Sony then created a 4K+ DI and used that for their mastered in 4K series. They might have had both created but wanted to create a hype by doing a MI4K series based on 4K DI.

Reactions: goufcustom
You said no Studio will recreate a 4K DI when they already have a 2K DI.

Battle LA, Amazing Spiderman, Crouching Tiger etc for example had a 2K DI. Sony then created a 4K+ DI and used that for their mastered in 4K series. They might have had both created but wanted to create a hype by doing a MI4K series based on 4K DI.
Crouching Tiger was shot and finished on film, there was no DI involved. Both Battle LA and Amazing Spidey were finished using a 4K DI.
I'm not sure you understand what exactly a digital intermediate is. It's part of the cinematographic process that is used to finish the actual movie. It means at one point during post-production the digitized film is fixed at a certain resolution and this is used to finish it, meaning it's the maximum actual resolution you're ever going to get unless you redo all the steps that happen after this.

Last edited:
6 disks in a G2 sized steelbook lol. I'm ordering 2 of these just because of that. I remember way back when, when some people were arguing with me that the most disks that can fit in a G2 case was 4. You know who you are. Here we have 6 disks, it's good to be right. As for 8k discs, forget about them. 4k will be the last physical media. Everything will be digital after 4k. Megastores like Best Buy are massively cutting down their physical disc inventory. In Canada, HMV, a major source for movies is no more. The writing is on the wall. After 4k, no more physical discs. And then my friends, our little hobby will absolutely explode. You heard it here first.

Is there anyone from the UK who wants this ?. There is a deal on at the moment where you can get 3 for the price of 2 bringing the price down to about £41.

If 2 people want to do the deal with me I would be happy to do it.

There is also an option to have it delivered straight to you from Amazon which is handy

Let me know via pm if your interested

• Thanks
Reactions: kaneo911