Genocide

You can't stop what's coming
Premium Supporter
Jul 31, 2012
Spain
Release date: December 2, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon FR - FNAC
Price: €24.99
Note: Gloss finish. New cut told in chronological order and original version included.

71Ud8vhSjDL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Irreversible-steelbook-édition-limitée.jpgIrreversible-steelbook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Would agree with most of the comments here; this is strong stuff, but not the kind of thing I would want to sit through again.
Seriously though, did Studio Canal think, “You know what deserves a steelbook release?”
Well, let's face it, there's always going to be that one fan.

Would agree with most of the comments here; this is strong stuff, but not the kind of thing I would want to sit through again.
Seriously though, did Studio Canal think, “You know what deserves a steelbook release?”
Well, let's face it, there's always going to be that one fan.

It's a tough watch, but also a good movie and for me personally a day-one purchase. There is the occasional weird (brave?) choice for a steelbook ("Under the skin", "The Passion of Jeanne D'arc, "Loving Vincent" or "The Lobster" come to mind - all long sold out by the way) that should be applauded and not scrutinized or ridiculed. Whoever feels like doing that is maybe a bit more suited salivating over the 27th Batman v Superman steelbook - a movie so dumb, so focus-group tested and ruined by studio notes that it is also really really painful / physically impossible to watch for some....It says that the future is already written. It's all there.

It's a tough watch, but also a good movie and for me personally a day-one purchase. There is the occasional weird (brave?) choice for a steelbook ("Under the skin", "The Passion of Jeanne D'arc, "Loving Vincent" or "The Lobster" come to mind - all long sold out by the way) that should be applauded and not scrutinized or ridiculed. Whoever feels like doing that is maybe a bit more suited salivating over the 27th Batman v Superman steelbook - a movie so dumb, so focus-group tested and ruined by studio notes that it is also really really painful / physically impossible to watch for some....It says that the future is already written. It's all there.

I don’t think anyone would ridicule this release. I think it’s more a case of why haven’t more palatable movies received the steelbook treatment.

Personally I’m still waiting for Soderbergh’s Out Of Sight to get a steel :)

Reactions: crib79 and Genocide
I remember the definitive collection of steels on dvd, think they were by fox. I also remember the cinema reserve collection of dvd steels. for somebody new to films, these series of steels gave a great amount of variety for all tastes, you would get a well rounded collection.

people seem to forget (or never knew) steelbooks used to showcase the studios finest films. they used to be a way to draw attention to hidden gems or cult films.

now steels are just another medium to put any old film in, but usually the latest cinema release.

so im glad titles like this get steels- a title I havent seen or would probably overlook. I wish eureka and masters of cinema (and also arrow) would release more steels too. even better would be criterion.

there is only so much popcorn fodder with complimentary pop art a collector can take

There is the occasional weird (brave?) choice for a steelbook ("Under the skin", "The Passion of Jeanne D'arc, "Loving Vincent" or "The Lobster" come to mind - all long sold out by the way) that should be applauded and not scrutinized or ridiculed.

You're right.
Some of us (me included) have become so accustomed to what we think deserves a steelbook release, played in part by what we've often received and purchased.

Reactions: Lutzo
I remember the definitive collection of steels on dvd, think they were by fox. I also remember the cinema reserve collection of dvd steels. for somebody new to films, these series of steels gave a great amount of variety for all tastes, you would get a well rounded collection.

people seem to forget (or never knew) steelbooks used to showcase the studios finest films. they used to be a way to draw attention to hidden gems or cult films.

now steels are just another medium to put any old film in, but usually the latest cinema release.

so im glad titles like this get steels- a title I havent seen or would probably overlook. I wish eureka and masters of cinema (and also arrow) would release more steels too. even better would be criterion.

there is only so much popcorn fodder with complimentary pop art a collector can take

If only the minimun print run wasnt so high im sure we would get a lot more "Distinct" titles on a Steelbook

do we know if there are english subs on this one? german release says it has english subs and it should be the same steelbook but dont know anymore?

If it wasn't for the Blu-ray logo you could keep the steelbook either way on the shelf.

Some have the StudioCanal logo at the top (Doctor Who movies, Terminator 2), others at the bottom (Flash Gordon, They Live, The Fog).

Is it BD+DVD or 2BDs? Germany release is 2 BDs, but sold out temporarily.
That's bonkers. FNAC says Bu-ray + DVD, so I didn't even look at the other disc. Turns out it's a second Blu-ray with the movie re-edited to follow chronologically. Need to check if that disc has English subs in my player. English subs aren't listed by the disc analyzer.

That's bonkers. FNAC says Bu-ray + DVD, so I didn't even look at the other disc. Turns out it's a second Blu-ray with the movie re-edited to follow chronologically. Need to check if that disc has English subs in my player. English subs aren't listed by the disc analyzer.
Thank you. This makes sense that they are the same.