Purchase link: CineMuseum
Group Buy: Hosted by Aniv
Price: €42.90
Notes: Limited to 250 copies

Banner_Finale_1024x1024.jpg

ISLE_OF_DOGS_1024x1024.jpg
40778366_1366657816798379_7670037057728675840_o.jpg

Last edited:
If it's worth 15 euros then go for it. Have you seen how busy the front is? You don't even know how the finished product will look. The front is too busy...

It's really not any more busy than this:
isle_of_dogs_ver3.jpg

All the art for this movie alternates between really busy or a lot of white space. I guess it just comes down to which camp you're in. I prefer this one over the Black Barons because it takes a a bigger chance with the artwork and is much more interesting looking to me. I'm also really starting to feel the magic wear off with Black Barons and FilmArena releases as well--I'm really sick of the wax finish on their slips.

I'd actually love to see that image as a lenticular. I think it could work really well.

As for the releases so far... I'm just not completely thrilled about them. This one feels not-quite-right to me, and the BB is great but has so much text all over it. I'm expecting BF to be a winner, but we'll see. And they're all stuck with that awful steelbook, so that's a real handicap. :(

• Thanks
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I'd actually love to see that image as a lenticular. I think it could work really well.

As for the releases so far... I'm just not completely thrilled about them. This one feels not-quite-right to me, and the BB is great but has so much text all over it. I'm expecting BF to be a winner, but we'll see. And they're all stuck with that awful steelbook, so that's a real handicap. :(
I know what you mean. Everything so far is kind of almost there, but not quite. I'm curious to see what BluFans will come up with, but I hope it's not a lenticular. I'm not big on lenticulars in general, but I feel like BluFan's recent lenticulars have been kind of meh. They've really stepped up their fullslips though.

This is a Wes Anderson movie, so you could always wait like 10 years for the inevitable Criterion instead :LOL:

Well, I want a lenticular. So let's see who wins. ;)

And yes, it's always tough when there's a steelbook for a movie that has (or will have) a Criterion release. I love steelbooks, but it's hard to beat Criterion, and it's wallet-ridiculous to think about buying both and combining them.