UK
Release date: January 15, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £17.99
Group buy: HMV GB hosted by Cooey HERE

01-65800.jpg

04-65800.jpg 02-65800.jpg 03-65800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
arts look good enough but i'm gonna wait and see if it's gloss or not as warner steels are always hit or miss... (while waiting me also hoping for some exclusive, can't wait to see some crazy lenticular)

Last edited:
To achieve the contrasty look as on the OP, Warner first have to stop penny pinching and ask Scanavo to go the extra mile with the finish. They must get creative with the colouring otherwise this will look flat and dull instead of looking 3 dimensional.

You'd think Georgie was the star of the film with all the promotional material he's in.

He's only in the film for about 5 mins in total.

Not sure why they keep using the paper boat scene to sell this........

You'd think Georgie was the star of the film with all the promotional material he's in.

He's only in the film for about 5 mins in total.

Not sure why they keep using the paper boat scene to sell this........

I'd imagine its because the scene is iconic, its probably the most well known scene in the movie. It happens in the first 20 pages of the novel & it was still used as the original cover art for that too.

I don't mind the paper boat, but I do think using Georgie on the front is a strange choice. The scene with Pennywise standing behind the huge triangle of balloons would have made for a better front artwork in my opinion.

Surprised neither of the promo poster art was used. And the red balloons would have been great for the inside art. Maybe another retailer will!
it poster.jpg

Attachments

• itposter2.jpg
    itposter2.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 139
  • redballoons.jpeg
    redballoons.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 109
HMV website has
It (hmv Exclusive) Limited Edition Steelbook Artwork TBC

Artwork is TBC but is expected to very close to what's already shown

Very nice steelbook for Part One and with Part Two coming in September, 2019 it would be cool if EBlu could get their hands on 600 - 1,000 of these - and the same number of steelbooks for Part Two when it appears - and create a lovely MUMMY TRILOGY style heavy-duty slipbox for both steelbooks in 2019.

Despite the OK price not sure how good it is for HMV to have it as an exclusive . . . and as for who's going to get the 4K UHD steelbook in the UK the ball's up in the air with both Amazon and Zavvi showing the 4K Amaray @25 quid . . .
188562_large.jpg
upload_2017-9-30_16-27-15.png

Film causing a stir. . . and for some very weird reasons too (lol):-
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ying-clown-looks-like-ronald-mcdonald-1042979
https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/09/jordan-peterson-refuses-call-film-says-clown-clearly/

As for box office it's #1 in horror at over $500M . . and counting . . . on a budget of $35M . . . toppling the previous #1 horror domestic for THE EXORCIST (unadjusted for inflation).

As for the steelbook itself - hoping it's more impressive than the recent red one for the original. Certainly prefer the artwork on the new one as definitely more shivers-down-the-spine.
As for the finish - the back should ideally be full gloss to make the water shimmer more. The front not too glossy to reflect the grim artwork but the IT title could be spot-glossed.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Why are you always so mean to @paulboland? :p Can we not accept everyone for who they are? :cigar: :coffee: (Well almost everyone!! There's at least one exception! You might know who I mean!?........:rofl: :p )

Back to this steelbook, I can see this selling out. I wonder what the print run is?

Lol

A few reasons. Mainly I wind him up (the above comment was a wind up) but every so often he gets under my skin with the constant repeated comments or he will say the same thing 10 times in one post but worded slightly differently :banghead:

And now he's very involved with the vinyl section so I can't escape him now hahahaha

Yeah I know who your on about. Possibly the most annoying person I've ever encountered and fills the threads with absolutely pointless and useless information/ drivel that he goes out his way to post which I'm pretty sure barely 1% of this forum reads lol. And for someone who's strictly UK I can't escape him either as he tends to troll other countries and premium threads

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: cooey
Lol

A few reasons. Mainly I wind him up (the above comment was a wind up) but every so often he gets under my skin with the constant repeated comments or he will say the same thing 10 times in one post but worded slightly differently in an autistic way

And if Paul is autistic......?

And if Paul is autistic......?

Not a bad thing at all, I have an autistic friend but it's also why I edited that before you commented because I knew someone would take that out of context and make a thing out of it. Which you are doing now

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Lol

A few reasons. Mainly I wind him up (the above comment was a wind up) but every so often he gets under my skin with the constant repeated comments or he will say the same thing 10 times in one post but worded slightly differently :banghead:

And now he's very involved with the vinyl section so I can't escape him now hahahaha

Yeah I know who your on about. Possibly the most annoying person I've ever encountered and fills the threads with absolutely pointless and useless information/ drivel that he goes out his way to post which I'm pretty sure barely 1% of this forum reads lol. And for someone who's strictly UK I can't escape him either as he tends to troll other countries and premium threads
*You’re