Italians Do It Better Records - The artists who put the stamp on the Drive OST

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
A lot of people adore the Drive OST. Score is done by Cliff Martinez. But the tracks most people think about are probably:

Desire and Chromatics are two artists who are signed to Italians Do It Better Records. A record label from New York, US. If you like the Drive OST I recommend to dig through their catalog! I discovered them some weeks ago, never heard of any of the records and I'm stunned by most of them. And if you collect records, their store offers a bunch of beautiful colored releases (some even with autographs of the artists)
http://italiansdoitbetter.bigcartel.com

You can listen to most of their records on their official YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSMex9kCmlfvbxuLFeWqODA

Start off with the LP from Chromatics - Night Drive

tumblr_o7gd8iaBHT1t3vwk7o1_500.gif

@Noodles @spass @Flloydo

I've heard of both Chromatics and Desire (obviously :p), but I don't think I've ever heard of the label before. Some very cool stuff on their site... I didn't even know that Lost River box set existed! Shame everything I'm interested in has now sold out.

Thanks for sharing @dan8885. Will be keeping an eye on them from now on. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
I've heard of both Chromatics and Desire (obviously :p), but I don't think I've ever heard of the label before. Some very cool stuff on their site... I didn't even know that Lost River box set existed! Shame everything I'm interested in has now sold out.

Thanks for sharing @dan8885. Will be keeping an eye on them from now on. ;)

Lost River Boxset is still not released and its still unclear when. It went live last year and pushed back without any infos till now. Theres problem with artwork clearance from what I've heard.
Last stand was it should be released in March. But nothing yet. Maybe we will get another chance to order, I've missed out too. I will update here when I read something about it ...

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Lost River Boxset is still not released and its still unclear when. It went live last year and pushed back without any infos till now. Theres problem with artwork clearance from what I've heard.
Last stand was it should be released in March. But nothing yet. Maybe we will get another chance to order, I've missed out too. I will update here when I read something about it ...
Ah, really? Both good and bad news then I guess lol. I currently have the triple purple vinyl edition pre-ordered... literally just realised that it's released tomorrow! :woot:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885
Ah, really? Both good and bad news then I guess lol. I currently have the triple purple vinyl edition pre-ordered... literally just realised that it's released tomorrow! :woot:

I've also ordered the purple variant with amazon but it was cancelled. Where did you pre-ordered?