paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £25.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (HMV - Zavvi)

91GjWv9YIYL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Digitally restored and remastered

Frank Capra’s heart-warming masterpiece has been embraced as a cherished holiday tradition by families around the world! George Bailey (James Stewart) sets aside his dreams of world travel to run his father’s small community bank, and protect the people of Bedford Falls from greedy businessman Mr. Potter (Lionel Barrymore). When a costly mistake pushes George to the brink of despair, a visit from a kindly angel (Henry Travers) will show George how the life of one good man can change the world forever. Now you can watch the holiday classic like never before, newly remastered from the original film negatives and more vibrant than ever in High Dynamic Range!

DISC 1: 4K UHD FEATURE FILM – Remastered Black & White Version

DISC 2: BLU-RAY FEATURE FILM – Remastered Black & White Version

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Restoring a Beloved Classic in 4K
  • Original Cast Party Home Movies and More!

• Informative
Reactions: Felix_ro
Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 4.32.08 PM.png

Sorry for the poor res quality, but when I look at Amazon's My Orders page this image appears beside the order. Might just be a placeholder image but I hope it's the actual steelbook cover :giggle:

Be nice to get a decent steel. Black and white only I see, but have the UHD B&W and the BR colourised. Enjoy them all! Watch each Christmas. :drool:

522DC1A1-C0AF-4B80-88AC-4338CD3999CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Be nice to get a decent steel. Black and white only I see, but have the UHD B&W and the BR colourised. Enjoy them all! Watch each Christmas. :drool:

View attachment 487691
That's the USA release
USA steelbook the same 4K UHD remastered
The Blu-ray in USA release is older disc with Colour version

UK 4K amaray release both 4K UHD and Blu-ray is the Black and White version both discs remastered versions

UK 4K Steelbook has same discs as UK Amaray

• Informative
Reactions: Felix_ro and jasong
That's the USA release

UK 4K amaray release both 4K UHD and Blu-ray is the Black and White version

UK Steelbook same discs
Yes, thats why I imported the USA one, wanted both, just need a nice steel :thumbs:

Yep but I don’t get why
It’s 2 hours of a guys life through the depression era and then 10 mins of snow and him finding his friends and family.

Because there it’s Christmas in it, it’s like the Scrooge with Christmas past, it’s full of good will to all men etc. Its snowing, It’s Christmas in a bag :thumbs:

• Haha
Reactions: snow flake