paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 2, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £25.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (HMV - Zavvi)

91GjWv9YIYL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered. Even though to me it’s not a Christmas movie
I tend to agree... I don't particularly think of it as a Christmas film either, but I reckon most people just get that vibe because it's always on TV around that time.

I'll probably ruffle a few feathers here, but it's the same case for Die Hard... despite it taking place at Christmas, I've personally never seen it as an Xmas film.

Reactions: snow flake
I tend to agree... I don't particularly think of it as a Christmas film either, but I reckon most people just get that vibe because it's always on TV around that time.

I'll probably ruffle a few feathers here, but it's the same case for Die Hard... despite it taking place at Christmas, I've personally never seen it as an Xmas film.
there is Christmas in it, it’s like the Scrooge with Christmas past, it’s full of good will to all men etc. Its snowing, the last hour is set on Christmas Eve, it won the Odeon audience poll as the greatest Christmas movie, It’s Christmas in a bag :thumbs:

PS. I get the arguments about why it is not, they are just wrong :happy:

Last edited:
Reactions: MrSquifler
Because there it’s Christmas in it, it’s like the Scrooge with Christmas past, it’s full of good will to all men etc. Its snowing, It’s Christmas in a bag :thumbs:
Like Gremlins, then? :naughty: Although that was originally released in the Summer of 1984 in the US, but at Christmastime in the UK later that year:

Let the arguments discussions begin! :rofl: But perhaps in another thread...

there is Christmas in it, it’s like the Scrooge with Christmas past, it’s full of good will to all men etc. Its snowing, the last hour is set on Christmas Eve, it won the Odeon audience poll as the greatest Christmas movie, It’s Christmas in a bag :thumbs:

PS. I get the arguments about why it is not, they are just wrong :happy:

I'm aware... I've seen the film lol. My point was despite all that it still doesn't feel like a Christmas movie to me. But, that's just my opinion which is completely valid, just as yours is to you. ;)

I'm aware... I've seen the film lol. My point was despite all that it still doesn't feel like a Christmas movie to me. But, that's just my opinion which is completely valid, just as yours is to you. ;)
You are indeed, it was mean to be lighthearted. It’s an amusing debate, like Die Hard and Gremlins imo, you tell me I’m wrong, we discuss, argue as to why, one of us cry’s etc. But hey....guess that’s it then. :thumbs:

Like Gremlins, then? :naughty: Although that was originally released in the Summer of 1984 in the US, but at Christmastime in the UK later that year:

1602068770914.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Christmas movie par excellence ...

1602069406736.png
1602069554923.png

... and even though it received 5 Academy Award nominations and didn't take home an Oscar Russell Shearman and the RKO Radio Studio Special Effects Department won a Technical Achievement Award in 1948 for their synthetic snow machine that replaced bleached cornflakes, which was the previous method of simulating falling snow in movies.

Mine's arrived from Amazon... flat but full gloss, snowflakes are metallic, and rating logos is a sticker. Not sure what the border on the mock-up is supposed to represent, since there's no embossing and it's not a part of the artwork either - I'm not complaining btw, just pointing it out. I'm happy with it overall, even if my copy does have a few light surface scratches on the front.

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro
Is the inside art work in color or black and white? Any difference from the US edition?
Interior is colour. US steel hasn't been released yet has it? But comparing it to their mock-up... the only difference I can see is the disc art - UK has image of the moon on one (4K), and snow/frost on the other (blu-ray).

• Thanks
Reactions: Felix_ro