Jackie Chan's Police Story and Police Story 2 (Limited Blu-ray Box set) (Eureka Classics) [UK]

steelmybeatingheart

hasn't got time for this Mickey Mouse bulls***!
Premium Supporter
*** V I P ***
Jul 6, 2016
London
Release date: August 20, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Eureka - Zavvi
Price: £23.99 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.99 (Eureka)
Notes: Limited to 3000 copies; Region B locked.

51KkeoMd2kL.jpg

51f4KdZXLqL._SX466_.jpg

51tHu7JAXKL._SX385_.jpg
51B7+A9PiBL._SX385_.jpg

• Special Limited Edition Box Set
  • 1080p presentations of both films, sourced from immaculate 4K restorations including Police Story 2 in its full 2 hour version for the first time ever in the UK
  • Original Cantonese mono audio track for Police Story
  • Restored Cantonese 5.1 audio presentations for both films
  • Optional English audio tracks
  • Optional Mandarin audio tracks
  • Optional English subtitles
  • The "Police Force" version of the first film, originally re-edited for the US video market and featuring its own electronic score by Kevin Bassinson
  • "Jackie Chan” (40 mins) – A documentary on Jackie Chan’s early career from cult film documentary series, Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show
  • Archival Interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins)
  • Interview with Benny Lai (15 mins)
  • Police Story – Deleted and extended scenes, including alternate opening and ending sequences
  • Police Story 2 – Outtakes
  • Jackie Chan's Stunts - promotional trailer
  • Box set exclusive – Collectors booklets for each film, featuring new essays and archival content

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like its true

From Eureka! FB Page:
We can confirm that the Special Features will be as follows
DISC ONE:
Police Story (100 mins) – 1080p presentation sourced from the incredible new 4K restoration | Four unique Audio options: Original Cantonese Mono audio track; Restored Cantonese 5.1; Restored English 5.1 dub track AND an additional audio track featuring an alternate English dub sourced from a rare Dutch VHS release of Police Story that has never been officially released on any other version of the film | Newly translated English subtitles | Police Story: The Japanese Cut (105 mins - HD) – Originally released exclusively to Japanese home video, this extended cut of the film was transferred to HD from a film print in 2012 and makes its UK debut here with its original Cantonese audio and English subtitles for the first time ever | Police Story: The Police Force Cut (84 mins - SD) – A unique version of the film edited exclusively for the American home video market, featuring a unique dub track and electronic score | Police Story – Alternate and Deleted Scenes, including alternate opening and ending sequences | Archival Interview with Jackie Chan (20 mins) | “Jackie Chan Stunts” – Promotional trailer | Trailers | Collectors Booklet featuring new writing on the film and a selection of rare archival material
DISC TWO:
Police Story 2 (121 mins) – 1080p presentation of the extended version of the film, sourced from the incredible new 4K restoration | Original Cantonese Mono audio, along with restored Cantonese and English 5.1 options | Newly translated English subtitles | Police Story 2: The Original Hong Kong Version (101 mins - SD) – The original cut of Police Story 2, presented with its original Cantonese mono audio track and optional English subtitles | Optional Audio Commentary with Miles Wood and Jude Poyer (Hong Kong Version of the film) | Police Story 2: Original UK Version (90 mins - SD) – An alternate cut of the film created for the film’s UK VHS release, featuring a unique English dub track | “Jackie Chan” - Son of the Incredibly Strange Film Show (40 mins) | Archival Interview with Benny Lai (15 mins) | Outtakes | Trailers | Collectors Booklet featuring new writing on the film and a selection of rare archival material
Due to overwhelming demand, we have decided to increase the first print-run to 4000 units.

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Awesome awesome awesome looking release! Eureka have also announced City Hunter too! It's like Hong Kong Legends all over again!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Brewster001
happy days. :happy: great to finally have this. no, @Brewster001, may have missed that - tell us more!

the slip is sturdy enough, although it's got nothing on some other Eureka releases. the whole package has nice continuity of colours and artwork, and both the amaray sleeves are reversible, although only to an alternate colour of the same image:
Police Story - here's your open amaray, credits, and details of the booklet. both booklets are (stapled and) a good combination of essay, poster, and lobby card. it's clear throughout that lots of this content came from superfans, all credited:
and same for Police Story 2 - open amaray, credits, and details of the booklet:
i've had a quick look at the films, and remastered picture quality looks good to very good, if not spectacular. not a diss: it's much better than any version i've seen previously. also, the default seems to be original language with English subtitles (my preference anyway :)), with dubbed :sick: and other variants in the options.

overall, a good release, and bodes well for the Project A double bill coming up.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
happy days. :happy: great to finally have this. no, @Brewster001, may have missed that - tell us more!

the slip is sturdy enough, although it's got nothing on some other Eureka releases. the whole package has nice continuity of colours and artwork, and both the amaray sleeves are reversible, although only to an alternate colour of the same image:
Police Story - here's your open steelbook, credits, and details of the booklet. both booklets are (stapled and) a good combination of essay, poster, and lobby card. it's clear throughout that lots of this content came from superfans, all credited:
and same for Police Story 2 - open steelbook, credits, and details of the booklet:
i've had a quick look at the films, and remastered picture quality looks good to very good, if not spectacular. not a diss: it's much better than any version i've seen previously. also, the default seems to be original language with English subtitles (my preference anyway :)), with dubbed :sick: and other variants in the options.

overall, a good release, and bodes well for the Project A double bill coming up.
giphy.gif
Great review and pics
Only thing
You keep describing it as steelbook as in "open steelbook"

Great review and pics
Only thing
You keep describing it as steelbook as in "open steelbook"
thanks! :) and thanks :LOL::thumbs: - yeah, double unbox posted yesterday, just typed a few things without thinking. edited above, will edit media titles as soon as i can work out how to edit media titles (haven't uploaded for a short while/since the new version of the site).

Police Story - here's your open amaray, credits, and details of the booklet. both booklets are (stapled and) a good combination of essay, poster, and lobby card. it's clear throughout that lots of this content came from superfans, all credited:
and same for Police Story 2 - open amaray, credits, and details of the booklet:

giphy.gif

There is a issue with one of the audio tracks on the PS1 disc:

"Well, with all the extras adding to around 10 hours of entertainment including alternate cuts of the movies I thought this was good value for money, despite the issues with the cantonese mono on PS1 HK cut ." Quote from another forum (Haven't opened set myself yet as i heard about issue before i had received it & not in big rush to watch it)

so was advised by posters to email Eureka!, thus I did (attached copy of HMV reciept as proof of purchase)

received this message:

"Hi,

Thanks for your email. I've added your details to our waiting list for a replacement disc."

I haven't picked this up yet, but have they replaced the sets with the fixed disc, or do they still expect people to contact them for a replacement?

I haven't picked this up yet, but have they replaced the sets with the fixed disc, or do they still expect people to contact them for a replacement?
I would check with them, but chances are they won't have replaced discs, it being a limited run and the sets being printed & sealed already, the legistics of getting sets back & knowing which have been replaced & which haven't would be a nightmare

another thought presumably if you buy direct from Eureka! they would at least include the replacement disc with your set (but it's a bit more expensive from them)

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
I would check with them, but chances are they won't have replaced discs, it being a limited run and the sets being printed & sealed already, the legistics of getting sets back & knowing which have been replaced & which haven't would be a nightmare

another thought presumably if you buy direct from Eureka! they would at least include the replacement disc with your set (but it's a bit more expensive from them)
Good point! Sucks for those who won't be aware of the issue though and have no idea they can get a disc replacement.

I'm in no rush to get this anyway, so hopefully the price on Eureka will have dropped once I do get around to ordering... we'll see.

Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

Reactions: Brewster001
Good point! Sucks for those who won't be aware of the issue though and have no idea they can get a disc replacement.

I'm in no rush to get this anyway, so hopefully the price on Eureka will have dropped once I do get around to ordering... we'll see.

Thanks for the info! :thumbs:

Yeah they are dealling with the issue very well, but to my knowledge they aren't pro-actively informing buyers of the issue

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
I entered a Eureka competition posted on facebook to win Eureka August releases
It was this Box Set and 2 other eureka releases

Winners listed has My name Paul B but I'm not 100% if I have won as there might be someone else that used same name to enter competition
I did not get any email to say I had won and Eureka not replied to my question if it was me :LOL:

Yeah they are dealling with the issue very well, but to my knowledge they aren't pro-actively informing buyers of the issue
Only time I've come across something similar was when Gladiator first got the Blu-ray treatment... I can't quite remember what the issue was now, but they had to set up a disc replacement scheme for that too, which also required the buyer to contact them.