'John Carter' trailer-in theaters March 9,2012

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
[media=youtube]l8I9eZGzNhM[/media]

MV5BMTQ2MzQ1MTI1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjk1OTI2NQ@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Per IMDB:

Transplanted to Mars, a Civil War vet discovers a lush planet inhabited by 12-foot tall barbarians. Finding himself a prisoner of these creatures, he escapes, only to encounter a princess who is in desperate need of a savior.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this trailer on television...just too funny...I thought they were calling it

"Barbarian vs. Aliens" LOL....

Will try to catch this weekend...Lynn Collins in that get up can't be missed :hilarious:....too bad this is Disney and not true to orig concepts, is ALL I have to say...:p

i already posted in the Movie last seen at Theatre section,
i just saw this today in RPX theatre here, it is very similiar to Imax where it has huge screen, but the difference is the seats. they are made with that memory foam material that is really popular right now, and the most comfortabe seats i have ever sat in.
But the movie was awesome, will be a day 1 for me when the 3D movie is released :D

I saw John Carter ... wow, it was awesome! Thought it was cool as ****! Love the landscape and species and everything .. almost Star Wars like in regards to creating their own world .... got scared the story would fall off at the end but ... nope! Eagerly awaiting a Steelbook now!

I am a sucker for wasteland like stuff and Mars etc. tho

Reactions: Jason Bourne
I watched John Carter on Friday, I thought it was very good, quite an epic movie! :)

I will definitely buy some cool release of this movie!

Reactions: Jason Bourne
£126million lost. EEK! Why or how ? Has is really done that badly at Box Office or are they just fearing the worst ? I haven't seen it yet so I hope it's still there when I get home. :(

There was speculation that the film was delivered late and over budget with a total cost of 270 Mill or something like that. The exact figure is not known, but it was huge. I don't think box office revenue came close to 270 Million.

yahoo report it as:

"Fallout from 'John Carter' fiasco continues"

The chairman of Disney Studios pens a candid resignation following the $200 million flop

wow I can't believe this movie has pretty much gone to epic proportions in terms of re-writing movie history for being the biggest losing movie and resulting in the resignation of Disney's CEO.

Horhay I actually heard the John Carter project was so out of hand that its estimated close to 350 million was spent on the movie including marketing costs. Apparently the project was so poorly managed somehow 100 MIL was spent on marketing on top of the over budget and inflated 250 MIL for the movie itself.

****** thing is all of this is overshadowing what was actually a decent movie (with some issues I admit).

Cleary something went wrong somewhere with this movie and somebody had to be held accountable.

IMHO, this was a really good movie. The losses are stemming from the amount of money spent as well as John Carter competing with the likes of other movies, like the Lorax. Disney had to release this movie before the likes of Avengers and The Dark Knight Returns so they did not anticipate they would be up against such stiff competition.