USA
Release date: June 27, 2008
Notes: Limited quantity of 2000

rambo.jpg

Actual pictures:
rambo1.jpg

rambo2.jpg

rambo3.jpg

So yeah, I was surprised their was no topic on this one ... it's the holy grail of all things SteelBook. (least, blu-ray steelbook that is.)

Its been sold for $500 and 300 euros just for the empty case alone. Super rare, thought to have been limited to only 2,000 copies.

And this last pic which is nicely laid out came compliments of Tiger, a hardcore collector :)
18968.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it was a good investment years ago when it was released.. it might gain a few bucks but eventually it will drop down to almost nothing when a new medium is released (4K)

I still think it is the one to have and will continue to only go up in value if you look only 3 years ago you could have found one for around £200 and look now in 3 years time it will be around £1500 You will see

I'd like to see the day that studios allow us to have their full masters in disc form. ie. 4k .... my guess is that wont be happening hence why no studio has came forward to support 4k on disc yet.

thus we might be looking at the last disc format for movies .... blu-ray.

I once mentioned that I believe blu-ray will be the final frontier of movie based physical media. From there, everything will die and live in the cloud's... iCloud's that is. But seriously, I think blu-ray will be to movies what the cd was or is to music. Downloads, Streaming and Digital will become the norm but people like me will always prefer the things that can be touched.

Reactions: DJ IXS
One of the only rare ones I don't have but then there ain't many people trading or selling them. Especially at a price I would pay.

I'd like to see the day that studios allow us to have their full masters in disc form. ie. 4k .... my guess is that wont be happening hence why no studio has came forward to support 4k on disc yet.

imho they're milking the cash cow atm.. 4k would be unprofitable since most ppl just upgraded their system to blu ray and only a really small percentage would consider upgrading again.. there'll be something new and different in a few years when ppl grow bored of bds .. i dont know if its 4k but blu ray wont stay the standard

Last edited:

sony have a few titles avaliable to pre-order in 4k wreck

I still think it is the one to have and will continue to only go up in value if you look only 3 years ago you could have found one for around £200 and look now in 3 years time it will be around £1500 You will see

No. Either people will lose interest in both blu rays or steels or they'll buy a re release that is a billion times cheaper. The more steel books that get released, the less people will care about this one. I remember when I first started almost a year and a half ago. Used to hear about this title non stop. This is the first time I've even heard anything about it for months and months.

Sure. Maybe you can find a rich collector who really wants it. But consistent sales at the level you anticipate, doubt it.

The grails that people still buy are the ones that have to do with the avengers. The others are few and far between.

A couple months ago Staind had his copy for sale. It was original, it had the stickers and everything. I almost had it, but retracted my offer. I look back and think it is another Steelbook that got away. He had it reasonably priced, very affordable compared to the prices now.

All I can say for right now is everything has came full circle... Stay tuned! :naughty:

No. Either people will lose interest in both blu rays or steels or they'll buy a re release that is a billion times cheaper. The more steel books that get released, the less people will care about this one. I remember when I first started almost a year and a half ago. Used to hear about this title non stop. This is the first time I've even heard anything about it for months and months.

Sure. Maybe you can find a rich collector who really wants it. But consistent sales at the level you anticipate, doubt it.

The grails that people still buy are the ones that have to do with the avengers. The others are few and far between.

Interesting thought on the re release theory. Educate me a little. I thought the reason why this was rare was because it was pulled off Amazon before a great amount could be sold. The reason why it was pulled was because of the artwork if I can remember correctly. So tell me, why would they re release an artwork that has been banned? This one gets Stevo's seal of quality as a safe investment. If one is to believe Stevo that is.

Interesting thought on the re release theory. Educate me a little. I thought the reason why this was rare was because it was pulled off Amazon before a great amount could be sold. The reason why it was pulled was because of the artwork if I can remember correctly. So tell me, why would they re release an artwork that has been banned? This one gets Stevo's seal of quality as a safe investment. If one is to believe Stevo that is.

In Stevo We Trust! :D

laughing.gif

it was pulled of because the bluray includes the uncut movie. this was banned in germany, so the banned the whole steelbook.

Reactions: Ranavalone
because zavvi dont give a $$$$$$hit

Ah yes, the boogieman that is Zavvi. Weren't they suppose to release an exact duplicate of FS IM back in the day? Anyways, I highly doubt it. Look at the design of the Zavvi releases of Rambo 2 and 3. There is definitely a theme on how they will design their Rambo steels. I'm betting that all Rambo's will be the same design theme. Only makes sense.

It´s not the artwork that was banned. Amazon had to pull it because the uncut version of the movie was "indiziert" in Germany. That means that the uncut version wasn´t allowed to be sold online from Amazon any more. So they had to pull it. It wasn´t about the artwork at all, it was just that the uncut movie was banned.

Ah yes, the boogieman that is Zavvi. Weren't they suppose to release an exact duplicate of FS IM back in the day? Anyways, I highly doubt it. Look at the design of the Zavvi releases of Rambo 2 and 3. There is definitely a theme on how they will design their Rambo steels. I'm betting that all Rambo's will be the same design theme. Only makes sense.

^^ tbh it doesnt matter even if zavvi do rip this one off - the quality will be laughably inferior. u only need to take a look at the lamess zavvi 1st blood steel - and that's if u are lucky enough to get a copy that isn't spine slashed or chipped & scratched to hell & back :movie:

It´s not the artwork that was banned. Amazon had to pull it because the uncut version of the movie was "indiziert" in Germany. That means that the uncut version wasn´t allowed to be sold online from Amazon any more. So they had to pull it. It wasn´t about the artwork at all, it was just that the uncut movie was banned.

So this must be an Amazon thing, because this uncut version was re released again in Germany (the one with Stalones face). So if I did a search on Amazon.de, I'm not gonna find any of the Rambo uncut versions for sale there correct?

So this must be an Amazon thing, because this uncut version was re released again in Germany (the one with Stalones face). So if I did a search on Amazon.de, I'm not gonna find any of the Rambo uncut versions for sale there correct?

the cut version was released by MM (by a mistake the first batch had the uncut version inside)