John Wick: Chapter 2 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection) [Czech Republic]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: 2020 (TBA)
Purchase links: E1 - E2
Price: TBA

Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 01.38.04.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask, does Filmarena have a bad reputation for announcing releases that come to nothing? I see this and Kong Skull Island posts, and weren't they the ones who announced the Alien and Predator releases?

Can I ask, does Filmarena have a bad reputation for announcing releases that come to nothing? I see this and Kong Skull Island posts, and weren't they the ones who announced the Alien and Predator releases?

Yes, unfortunately.

"With Filmarena ?

giphy.gif
"

There were plenty more that were risen from the dead, some I hadn't even seen before like Dirty Dancing. I'm a noob so take this with a grain of salt.
I think FAC tend to announce (quite a few) more releases than they're actually able to actually produce, and from what I've seen quite a few of them date back to months and even years ago. It's not something that reflects positively on them, but that's one opinion... it might not bother others. I understand having to cancel for technical reasons or reasons out of their control but if you announce, let's say, double the releases that you're actually able to produce then it goes without saying you know you're going to have to end up cancel about half of them.

I'm almost certain that one of the reasons for the multitude of announcements is to try and beat another retailer by letting people hold out in the hopes of an FAC that may or may not be better than another retailer's release for the same movie. And they'll then pull the trigger or not based on different reasons, one of them being perceived reaction to said announcement. I think there would be a better way of gauging interest than this but I'm not in charge of FA so not my place to say.

They literally have like 56 announced titles that are lets say not in the "fully shipping" status. So that would be announced al the way up to like Braveheart which is starting to ship. Im sure some are canceled but they never say anything about those, except for the 2 titles announced 1 day and canceled less than 2 days later or whatever because they didnt have subtitles.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
They literally have like 56 announced titles that are lets say not in the "fully shipping" status. So that would be announced al the way up to like Braveheart which is starting to ship. Im sure some are canceled but they never say anything about those, except for the 2 titles announced 1 day and canceled less than 2 days later or whatever because they didnt have subtitles.
56 titles!! Ok, I knew it wasn't pretty bad but that's way too many LOL That's years worth of work. It just won't happen.

I think the main issue is that they have entered the WEA realm, and those projects require more bandwidth. They have limited time and focus on WWA stuff, BB cannot really take them over, and here we are.

I think the main issue is that they have entered the WEA realm, and those projects require more bandwidth. They have limited time and focus on WWA stuff, BB cannot really take them over, and here we are.
its not even WWA, many of these are WEA art. Like the complete Alien series that has been almost 4 months and Planet Apes has been 10 almost since the last releases. I am sure some of us want to see those sets finished before we die

• Haha
Reactions: zoltan_g and DMD4k
Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of howarmat, I don't think it's a WEA vs WWA issue at all. If I can realistically bring 12-18 releases to market every year and I announce I'm going to be producing over that number, then I already know I'm not going to follow through with them all. I don't know how it was years ago but maybe they were just too optimistic in their prediction.
What I have noticed as of late is they've actually cancelled a couple instead of just letting them linger on until someone picks up on it a year or two from now. A couple of examples: Overlord and The Darkest Minds.

its not even WWA, many of these are WEA art. Like the complete Alien series that has been almost 4 months and Planet Apes has been 10 almost since the last releases. I am sure some of us want to see those sets finished before we die
What I meant about the WWA vs. WEA game is the current state vs. a few years back. We could pre-order The Martian, Independence Day, etc. easily, because the print runs were high enough, and the products were released a few months after the WWA steelbook release. Now these WWA projects are rare, the print run is usually 500, and they produce mainly WEA. I think they should forget about the WWA releases that were announced long ago, because those are probably "expired". They should forget about WEA releases that were released by other retailers (e.g. John Wick 2 by Nova or Hacksaw Ridge by Kimchi). They should forget about WEA that were never promoted with anything (e.g. Dirty Dancing, Papillon), because the available art might be limited (for 3 XL slips :p). They should focus on some of the new WWAs (e.g. MI5) and already promoted WEA (e.g. Deepwater Horizon, Apes, Alien, Predator).

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of howarmat, I don't think it's a WEA vs WWA issue at all. If I can realistically bring 12-18 releases to market every year and I announce I'm going to be producing over that number, then I already know I'm not going to follow through with them all. I don't know how it was years ago but maybe they were just too optimistic in their prediction.
What I have noticed as of late is they've actually cancelled a couple instead of just letting them linger on until someone picks up on it a year or two from now. A couple of examples: Overlord and The Darkest Minds.
Indeed, if they can do 12-18 releases yearly, they should be wise with the selection, and pick up the best and most unique ones. Apes, Alien, Predator are great examples imho. Is there a list somewhere with the announced titles?

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k
Indeed, if they can do 12-18 releases yearly, they should be wise with the selection, and pick up the best and most unique ones. Apes, Alien, Predator are great examples imho. Is there a list somewhere with the announced titles?
There were 6-7 resurrected threads last night. Other times there have been others and there's also a list in their website under FAC, scroll down, a list that don't have fac numbers assigned to them. Not 56 but a few of them.

• Thanks
Reactions: zoltan_g
FAC *** JOHN WICK 2 FullSlip XL + Lenticular 3D Magnet ANGEL EDITION #1 WEA Exclusive

FAC *** JOHN WICK 2 Double 3D Lenticular FullSlip XL DEVIL EDITION #2 WEA Exclusive Steelbook™ Limited Collector's Edition - numbered (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray)