John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 16, 2019
Purchase link: Amazon UK
Price: £39.99
Note: With slipbox and coin. Per Amazon: "Exclusive to Amazon Including Gold coin, Metal Hotel Lobby Card and Slipcase Artwork."

CFBF615B-F00B-4EC5-A4A7-07818A82821C_jpeg.jpg

81C2W5aTTOL._SX342_.jpg
71rYSTWVRSL._SX385_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No I not had any pre orders payment taken
I have done lot of orders since May 8th none have had payment taken early
I not seen any customers based in Rep of Ireland mention they had payment taken early for any pre orders

It has happened to a few UK customers and a some customers that are based outside the EU
So far it's mostly a few customers in UK but not all UK customers have been affected yet

Amazon UK website is owned and maintained by Amazon Europe Core SARL
A EU company registered in Luxembourg

All EU consumer rights still apply for those that are based in a EU country

From what I have seen so far this started to happen when some UK customers updated their debit/credit card payment details at start of May
Amazon response and replies to some UK customers contradicts in replies given

This might be happening due UK plan to leave EU but that has not happened yet
UK is still a member of EU and all UK customers still have EU consumer rights while UK still in EU
Thanks Paul :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Yup, my order of Detective Pikachu was charged 5 days after pre-ordering. I’ve now cancelled all pre-orders with Amazon that could’ve been affected by this sh**.

Amazon have given different replies to customers
This is another reply amazon have given
Hello,

We're introducing some improvements to payments and authorisations in order to simplify your shopping experience on Amazon.

When you pre-order an item that is yet to be released, we charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched. If the shipping date is set after more than five days, that charge occurs on the fifth day since your order was placed.

We’ll dispatch your item as soon as it gets released. You can check updates to your order status, or cancel your order anytime before it gets dispatched, by visiting Your Orders at Amazon Sign In .

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item from Amazon, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you place your order up to and including the end of the day of the release date. If your order qualifies for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, you'll be refunded the price difference once your order dispatches.

Immediately after you place an order, we now request your bank to authorise the full order amount. At this stage you’re not being charged yet – your bank is reserving the funds until the transaction processes.

We only charge the full order amount when all the items included in your order have been shipped. Should an item require more than 5 days for dispatching, your payment method is charged on the fifth day since your order was placed.

This new experience will avoid processing multiple authorisations and charges for the same order.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Jem G.

The above amazon reply contradicts itself
1)We charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched

2)We now request your bank to authorise the full order amount. At this stage you’re not being charged yet – your bank is reserving the funds until the transaction processes.

3)We only charge the full order amount when all the items included in your order have been shipped

I guess it's just one of those things then.
I'm not really bothered about it myself to be honest. I don't see it as an issue like some others do. If the dispatch date is way ahead of time and they charge up front and I cannot afford the cost then i'll just get it cancelled and refunded,
but i'll know upon ordering whether I can afford it or not at that time. If you pre-order assuming that the funds won't be taken out of your account until just before dispatch date and they are instead taken straight away then
such is life, I guess Amazon change their policy. Now this has come to everybody's attention the key here is to tread carefully and make sure you have the funds available for immediate payment just in case.

Amazon have given different replies to customers
This is another reply amazon have given
Hello,

We're introducing some improvements to payments and authorisations in order to simplify your shopping experience on Amazon.

When you pre-order an item that is yet to be released, we charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched. If the shipping date is set after more than five days, that charge occurs on the fifth day since your order was placed.

We’ll dispatch your item as soon as it gets released. You can check updates to your order status, or cancel your order anytime before it gets dispatched, by visiting Your Orders at Amazon Sign In .

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game or software item from Amazon, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you place your order up to and including the end of the day of the release date. If your order qualifies for the Pre-Order Price Guarantee, you'll be refunded the price difference once your order dispatches.

Immediately after you place an order, we now request your bank to authorise the full order amount. At this stage you’re not being charged yet – your bank is reserving the funds until the transaction processes.

We only charge the full order amount when all the items included in your order have been shipped. Should an item require more than 5 days for dispatching, your payment method is charged on the fifth day since your order was placed.

This new experience will avoid processing multiple authorisations and charges for the same order.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,

Jem G.

The above amazon reply contradicts itself
1)We charge you the full order amount when the item gets dispatched

2)We now request your bank to authorise the full order amount. At this stage you’re not being charged yet – your bank is reserving the funds until the transaction processes.

3)We only charge the full order amount when all the items included in your order have been shipped

Yep. Clear as mud.

What about price drops before release? Will Amazon refund the difference after already charging you the initial pre-order price?

It must be random accounts what get charged pre orders. As I've got about 5 items on pre order at the minute from Amazon and all orders placed way more than 5 days ago and I havent been pre charged for any of it so I dont know why some people have been.

Note: Payment for your pre-order is taken when your item is dispatched to you. If you choose to pay by credit or debit card, please ensure that the expiry date of your card is after the release day.

That is what is on Amazon have on there site

Last edited:
I don't like the idea generally of laying down the full amount for anything far in advance if I can.

It's basically money in the bank for amazon, they sit on all that money but even if it gets down to the wire and you cancel and receive the full refund they're still making money off of the interest of having the money in their accounts for 3-4 months.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Well, that's s***. Guess it's a way to stop people from pre-ordering and getting the cheapest price possible. I wouldn't mind so much, but I already pay for Prime... they should at least make an exception for those members IMO.

Reactions: Covcraig
It’s just an enormous hassle being charged several months before release and keeping track of what’s charged and not, especially in cases where you pre-order awaiting full reveal and see if you’ll keep the order or not. Which I do sometimes. And for us foreigners, there’s also the issue of currency charges and movement in currency values. I will be refunded less than originally charged for a cancelled pre-order because of the currency charges.

Was going to wait for a premium only but this sounds interesting from Amazon, stuck an order in. Didn’t get charged like some have, it would be the first though if I had to pay upfront for preorder.

I don't like the idea generally of laying down the full amount for anything far in advance if I can.

It's basically money in the bank for amazon, they sit on all that money but even if it gets down to the wire and you cancel and receive the full refund they're still making money off of the interest of having the money in their accounts for 3-4 months.
Not any different from GBs ;) :D

If Amazon try it with any of my pre orders I will put a stop to it very quickly :LOL: :D ;)

No need for amazon to be taking payment on pre orders for customers based in a EU country

Note
There is no new EU Consumer Law Directive in regards to this been the reason why amazon are doing this
An Amazon UK Chief Executive was mentioned to have given reason that it's a new EU Consumer Law Directive as a reply to a amazon uk customer
Total BS reply from Amazon Executive

EU Consumer Law Directive is related to customers right of canceling a pre order and been refunded if payment has already been taken this applies to all EU retailers and been in existence since 2014

EU members If amazon do take payment for pre orders when ordering tell amazon very strongly but be polite that you are not accepting this change as there is not a new EU Consumer Law Directive requirement to have payment taken in advance when doing a pre order

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T
I usually have a set amount I spend on releases and premiums that I factor in each month. So being charged up front don’t help me at all

I usually have a set amount I spend on releases and premiums that I factor in each month. So being charged up front don’t help me at all

So they definately charged you upfront for this? Ive just checked my account and still not charged (yet...?).
Very unusual practice for Amazon to pocket the money up first.

Just been in contact with their CS, what a hassle. The guy was adamant on them not charging anything before dispatch. After convincing him I know the difference between a reservation and a charge, and that this was indeed a full charge for a pre-order, I gave him the charge ID but then he was unable to connect the charge ID to the order number. So basically I’ve been charged in full but there is nothing in their system saying so. So now I got to wait a week or so to see if it’s automatically refunded after being cancelled, or I’ll have to go through this ordeal with them again. Well good job amazon, you just lost a lot of pre-orders which will instead go somewhere else.

And for us foreigners, there’s also the issue of currency charges and movement in currency values. I will be refunded less than originally charged for a cancelled pre-order because of the currency charges.
Yea, this is why I wont be so easy to preorder anything with them from now on. This has already happened to me a few times with different retailers.

Just been in contact with their CS, what a hassle. The guy was adamant on them not charging anything before dispatch. After convincing him I know the difference between a reservation and a charge, and that this was indeed a full charge for a pre-order, I gave him the charge ID but then he was unable to connect the charge ID to the order number. So basically I’ve been charged in full but there is nothing in their system saying so. So now I got to wait a week or so to see if it’s automatically refunded after being cancelled, or I’ll have to go through this ordeal with them again. Well good job amazon, you just lost a lot of pre-orders which will instead go somewhere else.

This just happened to me last month, I was upset as this was a cancelled order and they charged me right away when I put the order (cancelled less than 4h after). They were telling me they were just putting a ''Hold'' on the charge which wasn't true as the transaction had ''POSTED"" into my Account. It took me about 10 emails before one of the CS refunded my money and still with the difference in exchange rate I lost about 4 bucks on it.
I did not know they started doing this, I guess I'll have to check my account, but I am so tired of the last battle with them, I'm exhausted dunno what I will do :dead:

PS: after having the issue with them last time, I cancelled and ordered my amarays with zavvi.

• Thanks
Reactions: K.i.T
I guess I'll keep my Pre-Order, but Not Cool to start charging at time of pre-order as opposed to how they used to proceed with charging at dispatched.
Probably my last order with amazon.uk.

Amazon.ca and Amazon.com still only charge at Dispatched !

Last edited:
Same here... I like that we're usually given plenty of time to prepare/save, but that's obviously out the window now and means I'll most not likely not be able pre-order from Amazon any more. Thank God they very rarely get exclusives!