John Wick (Digital Mini SteelBook) (SDCC 2018 Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release Date: July 19, 2018 SDCC Exclusive Give-Away.
Price: Free

Lionsgate and SteelBook have teamed up to create the first-ever digital movie SteelBook for John Wick.

You’ll be able to pick yours up at Lionsgate Booth #3635 during San Diego Comic-Con – for free.

Lionsgate and SteelBook Teaming Up for Free Giveaway at San Diego Comic-Con

1565640021334.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice choice of sticker placement buddy :thanks: I wondered where I'd stick mine if I were to open it hehe :whistle: Some I see have stuck it back to the front of the steel and now you've gone left field and stuck it on the inside :wacky: Hmmm lol :coffee:

On the inside where I put it, it’s not covering any artwork and is near the other sticker. It’s also hidden when the card is in place. Just my thought process

Reactions: cooey and Mickle_89
@larson1977 @dfoles
guys I have find a copy, the seller tell me that the weight is 2.7oz ---1.7lbs so not metal card inside?
what is the difference between the edition
one with metal card and the other?
Plastic card?
As per @Wreck' s info, the weight of steel with metal card inside is 3.1 oz. So yep, the one you're looking at should be standard gold plastic. No other difference other than the colour of card inside. Black metal (limited to 20) and Gold metal (limited to just 3! :OMG::dead:).

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles and IRON MAN
As per @Wreck' s info, the weight of steel with metal card inside is 3.1 oz. So yep, the one you're looking at should be standard gold plastic. No other difference other than the colour of card inside. Black metal (limited to 20) and Gold metal (limited to just 3! :OMG::dead:).
Any ninjas owning a black metal or gold metal?

**** makes me sick.
An extra copy for trade or off setting cost of your own(or in this case a future purchase offset) is one thing but this is a royal piss take.

I hope no one bites and the sod is stuck with them.

Why so mad? :LOL:

Sooner or later, someone will bite when the cheaper ones are all sold.

Why so mad? :LOL:

Sooner or later, someone will bite when the cheaper ones are all sold.
In this particular instance it is maddening. This isn’t just someone got to Best Buy early and bought all of the new release before you could get one. This was a raffle giveaway. So for one individual to have that many means they probably got it from someone working the show or within the company. Meaning there were some people that could’ve won who never even had a chance because of an insider hookup.

In this particular instance it is maddening. This isn’t just someone got to Best Buy early and bought all of the new release before you could get one. This was a raffle giveaway. So for one individual to have that many means they probably got it from someone working the show or within the company. Meaning there were some people that could’ve won who never even had a chance because of an insider hookup.

I know but that is how life happens most of the time. This one person took advantage of this opportunity. We can't be mad or waste our time getting pissed. Greed is human nature.

A person has the opportunity to obtain 7 steelbook which they know will fetch a high price further down the line.

they have 2 options.

1: take just 1 copy for themselves or to sell on or trade.

2:. take all 7 and make a potentially nice profit.

like it or not it seems like a no brainer. I suspect not everyone on this forum is pure as the driven snow and wouldn't buy multiple copies to resell.

Annoying as it may be, it will always happen.

A person has the opportunity to obtain 7 steelbook which they know will fetch a high price further down the line.

they have 2 options.

1: take just 1 copy for themselves or to sell on or trade.

2:. take all 7 and make a potentially nice profit.

like it or not it seems like a no brainer. I suspect not everyone on this forum is pure as the driven snow and wouldn't buy multiple copies to resell.

Annoying as it may be, it will always happen.
I get it. That’s the way the world works. But there’s no way 1 person won 7 raffles. It just makes it even worse when the only way someone got 7 of these was either being or knowning a LionsGate employee, or someone running their booth. That looks bad on the company to me. I don’t care that scalpers gonna scalp, this is just ****** no matter how much you say it’s going to happen.

I get it. That’s the way the world works. But there’s no way 1 person won 7 raffles. It just makes it even worse when the only way someone got 7 of these was either being or knowning a LionsGate employee, or someone running their booth. That looks bad on the company to me. I don’t care that scalpers gonna scalp, this is just ****** no matter how much you say it’s going to happen.
I agree it does seem quite dodgy though. Does seem strange that they were able to obtain the 7 copies.

I'noticed there is a copy on eBay listed as containing a blu ray. Clearly they're not totally aware of what this steelbook contains......,

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles