UK
Release date: February 10, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV
Price: £29.99

Joker.png

Joker (open).png Joker (inside).png
12317222-3064710590902917.jpg

Last edited:
I can’t work out what joker I prefer. I’ll always love heath, looks more joker but I love that his head his kinda screwed on, he’s militant (clearly some kind of military background), strategic and then bonkers too. Phoenix, has that body of a graphic novel joker, intense, highly mentally ill, disturbing, and both violent. I think I just love them both in different ways for different jokers

What does Nolan's Batman trilogy has anything to do with this film ?

But go ahead and stick with it.

LOL.

Because of the joker ! :wacky:

When this was announced I admit I was a bit worried about a stand-alone Joker movie, especially if it was going to attempt a Joker origins story.

This film was so much more than that. Phoenix absolutely should get an Oscar for this performance. The film manages to be both its own thing entirely and yet is absolutely a Batman universe movie.

I loved the nod to A Dark Knight (Phillips said that was unintentional) and the elements that nodded towards both The Dark Knight Rises and The Killing Joke.

I can’t work out what joker I prefer. I’ll always love heath, looks more joker but I love that his head his kinda screwed on, he militant (clearly some kind of military background), strategic and then bonkers too. Phoenix, has that body of a graphic novel joker, intense, mentally ill, disturbing, and both violent. I think I just love them both in different ways for different jokers

It was a far, far more physical performance from Phoenix and felt like he moved like you see Joker move in the comics - sinewy, rangy, menacing and theatrical. It is fair to say that a) Ledger's Joker performance blew me away and b) Phoenix had the camera on him and almost the entire run time to deliver a lot more, making direct comparison difficult.
I need to re-watch The Dark Knight soon so I can re-connect with Ledger's performance, as Phoenix was transformative and I'm still ******* stunned at how good he was, and that's knowing how good an actor he is.

When this was announced I admit I was a bit worried about a stand-alone Joker movie, especially if it was going to attempt a Joker origins story.

This film was so much more than that. Phoenix absolutely should get an Oscar for this performance. The film manages to be both its own thing entirely and yet is absolutely a Batman universe movie.

I loved the nod to A Dark Knight (Phillips said that was unintentional) and the elements that nodded towards both The Dark Knight Rises and The Killing Joke.

It was a far, far more physical performance from Phoenix and felt like he moved like you see Joker move in the comics - sinewy, rangy, menacing and theatrical. It is fair to say that a) Ledger's Joker performance blew me away and b) Phoenix had the camera on him and almost the entire run time to deliver a lot more, making direct comparison difficult.
I need to re-watch The Dark Knight soon so I can re-connect with Ledger's performance, as Phoenix was transformative and I'm still ******* stunned at how good he was, and that's knowing how good an actor he is.

I was excited about it, then I wasn’t, then Phoenix brought me back (he’s one of my favs) but then the trailer put me off. But after watching it, I never thought the solo Joker movie would be like that. Just so well done

Ohh 100% a far more physical performance and yeah I love that he got the theatrical and rangy energy and movement spot on. And true, he is pretty much every scene so it can be harder to compare however, anyone watching the dark knight is just waiting for every scene that heath is in. I love bale and his batman but I just wanted heath in that film lol. Phoenix is most definitely a darker, unsettling and more troubled Joker. Like I said before, I Love them both and part of that is because they are so different. I’m more familiar with heath but I can see myself obsessing over this film. Literally can’t stop thinking about it

I can’t work out what joker I prefer. I’ll always love heath, looks more joker but I love that his head his kinda screwed on, he’s militant (clearly some kind of military background), strategic and then bonkers too. Phoenix, has that body of a graphic novel joker, intense, highly mentally ill, disturbing, and both violent. I think I just love them both in different ways for different jokers

Oh, pliis. Trilogy had Joker in one movie. And It's like comparing this to Indiana Jones trilogy and Downfall because Hitler was in Downfall and in one Indy film ...

Oh, pliis. Trilogy had Joker in one movie. And It's like comparing this to Indiana Jones trilogy and Downfall because Hitler was in Downfall and in one Indy film ...

The reason I mentioned the trilogy is because the films are linked, however I would much prefer to watch the Dark Knight than the Joker, if we're comparing single films

One of those films still has an unbelievable joker performance. Hitler in indy lasts about 30 seconds. In Indy, if Hitler was the star villain, took up about an hour of screen time and the performance blew me away then yes you could compare.

Terrible example cadet

Reactions: Steelselecta
One of those films still has an unbelievable joker performance. Hitler in indy lasts about 30 seconds. In Indy, if Hitler was the star villain, took up about an hour of screen time and the performance blew me away then yes you could compare.

Terrible example cadet

Oh, really. Did find it out all your honey dripping self ? sigh.

I have ordered both HMV and Amazon, but I am now a bit nervous about the Amazon edition after their terrible X-Men Dark Phoenix exclusive. Words failed me for once on how bad it was. This steelbook has so many great possibilities that I hope Amazon do it the justice it deserves (especially as an exclusive).

Reactions: davhyl
I have ordered both HMV and Amazon, but I am now a bit nervous about the Amazon edition after their terrible X-Men Dark Phoenix exclusive. Words failed me for once on how bad it was. This steelbook has so many great possibilities that I hope Amazon do it the justice it deserves (especially as an exclusive).

To be fair, Amazon just had the same steelbook as pretty much everywhere else in the world didn't it?

In this case, they have an exclusive steelbook (in the UK*) whereas Zavvi* and HMV* etc. will have the same one as each other albeit possibly with different contents. All you can do is hope Amazon have the best looking of the 2 different UK design options. HMV* have their exclusive Far From Home which is different to Zavvi's*.

*all of which are/will be available elsewhere in the world.

Reactions: Ranavalone
I don't shop at HMV really, did this sell out or has it yet to go on sale I can't quite tell?
Steelbook went live to pre order on October 4th with Zavvi/HMV/WB Shop
Zavvi and HMV sold out for now
Still available to pre order on-line from WB Shop (UK Shipping only)

Zavvi very likely to be back available before or after release date due to customer cancellations
HMV might come back available to order on-line due to customer cancellations at some stage
HMV will available in-store on release date

Amazon exclusive is still available to pre order

Artwork TBC on both trade wide and Amazon Exclusive

I was excited about it, then I wasn’t, then Phoenix brought me back (he’s one of my favs) but then the trailer put me off. But after watching it, I never thought the solo Joker movie would be like that. Just so well done

Ohh 100% a far more physical performance and yeah I love that he got the theatrical and rangy energy and movement spot on. And true, he is pretty much every scene so it can be harder to compare however, anyone watching the dark knight is just waiting for every scene that heath is in. I love bale and his batman but I just wanted heath in that film lol. Phoenix is most definitely a darker, unsettling and more troubled Joker. Like I said before, I Love them both and part of that is because they are so different. I’m more familiar with heath but I can see myself obsessing over this film. Literally can’t stop thinking about it

I for one think they both (Heath and Phoenix) are one and the same (AND ONLY) JOKER!
Just one is the story of how he become Joker, and the other one is the actual Joker in his own „kingdom”!

Sorry to anyone that I might bothered or get angry with my idea expressed above! Peace! :)