Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 19, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €29.99

81jGPcKMpZL._SX522_.jpg

Love them. Would replace just blacks - current ones.
I'm curious if backside will be blend - and how will inside be?
Placed preorder for all 5 just cause of steels :) Hope last 6th one won't mess artwork. :angel:

Last edited:
Won't buy these until I know the finish. Would hate to waste my money on streaky matte finish steels. The previous 4K steels with black backgrounds have spot gloss.

I doubt this will be gloss finish, but even if it'll be matte, i think that's way better than just black steel in front and back with only title on...
Definitely replacing old black ones :)

Reactions: Lenny Nero
It's okay, colours are a bit too bright on some steels but generally its just lazy and frustrating if you bought one of the matching sets already which now won't get finished.

Reactions: Greyback and MM3
Horrible. Will end up streaky matte as well I bet. PASS

Honestly, I'm more than happy with the matching zavvi trilogy with full gloss and excellent bossing and the 2 WWA arts for the JW films. And I’ll do the same with the new one coming out.

Even though the original is one of my all time favs I’m sick of the same design we always get. Adding random colours to each film does not improve that. And the zavvi trilogy are a fine set of steels

I never got those black steelbooks, never wanted to, 'cause I have the FilmArena sets, which used what you call Zavvi steels.
But they did use that logo design first with the round tins, then steelbooks, so this is the third time, and it 'is the charm'.
If they don't add the 6th movie in a similar style, it's gonna suck - I'm not buying them a third time on UHD, and 6th time on BD overall.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Boxset is iminent that much is known - the only question is how long will it take them to release it. I just hope not too long!

Decided to pass on these. Aside from the black 4K steels with spot gloss, I also have the FAC editions with the glossy/debossed steels. Won't fall into this endless trap of redundant steels.

I suppose they had to do coloured cases, because the black cases were limited editions. I just hope they release Dominion as a black case to match either set. Also, if you're reading this Universal, you're gonna need to release - at least - twice the amount for Dominion! Dominion steelbooks for the 2018 set and Dominion steelbooks for this new set. Otherwise it'll be a trip to Mr Scalper for a lot of us on e-bay and paying twice the price. A black case will match either set, as Fallen Kingdom is grey in the new set.

I tracked down the black steelbook cases recently. I prefer them as they match the posters better. At £35 each for these new coloured cases on Coolshop, I'm not sure I'll double dip. £175 for the five films is steep. It gets to the point where you're just buying for the artwork, rather than to have a physical copy.

Last edited:
"Boxset is iminent that much is known - the only question is how long will it take them to release it. I just hope not too long!"

It won't be a steelbook set though. It will likely be a cardboard fold out case. I really wish they'd done a proper case for the Star Wars steels and the JP steels. Ala Warner Bros.

Last edited: