Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 19, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €29.99

81jGPcKMpZL._SX522_.jpg

I enjoyed reading your replies. I disagree but I enjoyed reading them. Sadly, you have no idea how the real world works and how most regular people think. People judge you based on how you're dressed in seconds. If you see someone dressed in a cartoon t-shirt and combat pants, and someone else is dressed with a nice shirt and a pair of chinos / classy jeans, who is better perceived? I'm sorry but anyone walking into your rooms and seeing your giant as* collection of nerdy memorabilia will think you're sad af. If you're still a teenager or in your twenties you can get away with it but the older you get the more sad it looks. it looks like you're stunted in your growth and that you never grew up. But each to their own.

Friends is a great show btw, set in the real world and despite how often it has been overplayed, it still ranks in the top streaming shows in the world.

Spending 15,000 to 20,000 dollars moving is a complete waste of money IMO. Digital would cost you nothing, and it would be less stressful with zero hassle (at least where movies are concerned.) But if you enjoy your collection, that's all that matters. I'm not saying get rid of your collection, I'm telling you the reasons why I am.

Now we can get back to Jurassic Park - the latest (and greatest, sigh) steelbook. And to get back to steelbooks, my bubblewrap and packing boxes arrived today, so I'm ready to sell on e-bay. Thankfully! I can put this nightmare behind me. The hassle of receiving and returning damaged steelbooks is such a pain. The stress of receiving a damaged one but they've sold out. Possibly being stuck with an incomplete series, buying the ones on e-bay I need, new and sealed, and yet they're dented. Will the seller accept a return? Should they? The crazy prices, for one film! The scalpers! No thank you, not any more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Came into this thread expecting Jurassic park comments and I get conversations about girls. If a girl wants to leave because she sees a few signatures on a wall I’ll gladly show her the door. It mostly effects ugly dudes anyways, I got a friend that paints warhammer and plays dungeons and dragons religiously, he’s a good looking bloke and let me tell ya, he gets some crazy hot girls.

It's always the warhammer guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Came into this thread expecting Jurassic park comments and I get conversations about girls. If a girl wants to leave because she sees a few signatures on a wall I’ll gladly show her the door. It mostly effects ugly dudes anyways, I got a friend that paints warhammer and plays dungeons and dragons religiously, he’s a good looking bloke and let me tell ya, he gets some crazy hot girls.
some men: "i cant get laid because these damn women hate all of my nerdy stuff" :(

also these men:
200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly didn't want to continue here, searched for a similarly themed thread, went to General Chat section, where, it appears, StevenPosts had a thread, that's closed for some reason. I guess moderators want more off-top right here...

Sadly, you have no idea how the real world works and how most regular people think. People judge you based on how you're dressed in seconds. If you see someone dressed in a cartoon t-shirt and combat pants, and someone else is dressed with a nice shirt and a pair of chinos / classy jeans, who is better perceived? I'm sorry but anyone walking into your rooms and seeing your giant as* collection of nerdy memorabilia will think you're sad af. If you're still a teenager or in your twenties you can get away with it but the older you get the more sad it looks. it looks like you're stunted in your growth and that you never grew up. But each to their own.

Wow, thank you for teaching me.
First of all, I'm not wearing any movie-themed t-shirts, but I have nothing against them. And I'm also not dressing up in 'suits' or anything like that, never have. That's clothes of a working man, of a servant, of someone that has to do it, has to wear it, because he's not free.
I'd rather be like The Dude in pajamas at Ralphs, than wear a slave suit and go to a 9 to 5. There's a reason rich people wear t-shirts and sweatpants and such - they don't have to adhere to any dress code or 'impress' anyone. In that sense, a collector in a fan T-shirt is more cool and free.
There's a great scene in The Gambler remake:

Spending 15,000 to 20,000 dollars moving is a complete waste of money IMO. Digital would cost you nothing, and it would be less stressful with zero hassle (at least where movies are concerned.) But if you enjoy your collection, that's all that matters. I'm not saying get rid of your collection, I'm telling you the reasons why I am.
I know, that was exactly my point, to illustrate that even though it's very uncomfortable and cumbersome and expensive, I still prefer to haul that 'physical' burden, rather than only having digital files.
I do have plenty of those too, more than 60 external HDDs worth, mainly TV series that aren't available on disc, or available in worse quality (DVD only). :wacky:

The irony in your first 2 words is beyond hilarious! Pot black much!
As we all know you can't win on forums. It is a stereotype but as I wrote earlier stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. Yes, many overweight men can't get women and blame their nerdy collection. Other overweight men don't care and prefer physical media. Some overweight men are in relationships. There are also some of us who are in shape and prefer digital.

Last edited:
I honestly didn't want to continue here, searched for a similarly themed thread, went to General Chat section, where, it appears, StevenPosts had a thread, that's closed for some reason. I guess moderators want more off-top right here...
That would be amazing as I haven't been in the General Chat Section. I did start a 'calling it quits,' thread but it was moved to somewhere else. There were a few replies but nothing major, so maybe they closed that one.

I'd rather be like The Dude in pajamas at Ralphs, than wear a slave suit and go to a 9 to 5. There's a reason rich people wear t-shirts and sweatpants and such - they don't have to adhere to any dress code or 'impress' anyone. In that sense, a collector in a fan T-shirt is more cool and free.

I know, that was exactly my point, to illustrate that even though it's very uncomfortable and cumbersome and expensive, I still prefer to haul that 'physical' burden, rather than only having digital files.
I do have plenty of those too, more than 60 external HDDs worth, mainly TV series that aren't available on disc, or available in worse quality (DVD only). :wacky:
I guess you really don't like Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire and the like. Everyone wore a suit in the olden days, for leisure too. I don't wear a suit either. A nice shirt and a pair of chinos / classy jeans and boots / shoes is enough.

As for the second paragraph, how long exactly are you planning to live? What do you need all this surplus entertainment for? There is more on streaming than anyone could ever watch! The funny thing is they keep making more of it. Everyone who collects physical media seems to have the streaming services anyway. Many people say, "I have it on disc but I watched it on steaming... I couldn't be bothered getting the disc."

I did go back and forth a few times, after our conversations in this thread. I was gonna keep the steelbooks, then sell them, then keep them, and ultimately I've decided to sell them. As soon as I put them back on the shelf I started thinking about all the ones I didn't have and how to get them. Money, money, money, and hassle, hassle, hassle. Selling is the way to go. Plus y'know I have them on digital. The double dips are annoying too, I only just bought that Indy set and now there's a new steelbook coming out, a better one, with poster artwork. Same with the Jurassic Park's, not necessarily better, but more of them.

Last edited:
Really didn’t want to add to the nonsense in here but I’ve only just clocked this.

This a weird take man. Just weird.

I mean I know people who wear suits because they feel and look f**king great in them. I’m not a fan of suits personally but only because I feel uncomfortable and they don’t really look good on me imo

But honestly this is just a strange, ridiculous and drivel take on it for someone not being free and essentially being a slave in your mind because someone wears a f**king suit lol.

I wish I could pull a good suit off and look the b0llocks.

First of all, I'm not wearing any movie-themed t-shirts, but I have nothing against them. And I'm also not dressing up in 'suits' or anything like that, never have. That's clothes of a working man, of a servant, of someone that has to do it, has to wear it, because he's not free.

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnybobbytimmy
Nice stereotype. I'm thin and athletic, so... but nice try. It's about being a grown up, not just about women.
sorry didnt saw your answer earlier because you didnt quote me
how is my post a stereotype if i literally wrote "some" lol? And I think we have a different definition of "grown up", because you can collect movies or other things without being childish. One has nothing to do with the other
As we all know you can't win on forums. It is a stereotype but as I wrote earlier stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. Yes, many overweight men can't get women and blame their nerdy collection. Other overweight men don't care and prefer physical media. Some overweight men are in relationships. There are also some of us who are in shape and prefer digital.
Oh i think you got me wrong, my post wasnt specific about being overweight or something like that.. It was just a comical way to say: when you cannot get laid, its probably not about the movie collection you have in your livingroom. Its about how you act, how you talk, how your apparence is, about your character and about being a decent human being. Some men just find it easier to blame things like nerdstuff etc (and/or the women) than (working on) themselfs. And again, just to be clear: not only talking about the bodyshape.

Oh and I am not trying to get you into collecting physical media again or something like that. But stopping a hobby you like just because you are afraid of what other ppl might think is not a healthy way to think imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
The double dips are annoying too, I only just bought that Indy set and now there's a new steelbook coming out, a better one, with poster artwork. Same with the Jurassic Park's, not necessarily better, but more of them.

That's a big part of why I have so many editions. At first, I just wanted a movie on DVD. Then, a few years later, one with a better transfer would come out, or a new, hour long documentary. Then a steelbook. Then a new format, BD. Then a better edition on that. Another steelbook. Then UHD.
At first I thought I'd only buy it a second time, or only if there's new material on disc, but ended up buying just for the packaging, just for a steelbook or a mediabook, or booklet and cards. So, yeah, it's a 'sickness' of sorts.

BTW, I've never stressed so much about a steelbook, or digipack, arriving banged up. Rarely asked for replacements. Looking at how much that meant to you, seems you're trying more to convince yourself, than others here. ;)

That would be amazing as I haven't been in the General Chat Section. I did start a 'calling it quits,' thread but it was moved to somewhere else. There were a few replies but nothing major, so maybe they closed that one.
I understand now, they closed it as it was in the wrong subforum, but forgot to open after moving. Maybe they'll move these posts there...

I guess you really don't like Mad Men or Boardwalk Empire and the like. Everyone wore a suit in the olden days, for leisure too.

I don't mean the 'older times', those classy suits, or something like Poirot would wear, especially Kenneth Branagh in a recent film. I meant the necessary 'work suits' of current office workers. Or car dealership salesmen, things like that.

Nice stereotype. I'm thin and athletic, so... but nice try. It's about being a grown up, not just about women.
[EXT. North East Western Australia]

# Blue sky, red earth. Heat waves shimmer. Goanna scatters in foreground (Lucas nod)

# Mustang convertible approaches from the distance. Approaches lonely soul, slowly staggering forward by the side of the Old Forum Road, just outside of town. Clothes tattered, looking like he was on the way to the headmasters office after a pitch black finger painting massacre - no woman would want him.

# Mustang slows, stopping next to the wanderer. The driver, pauses - cautious of what he might be getting himself into. Regardless, he offers a few words of support.

Professor Luftbut (Denholm Elliott) : "Excuse me friend, are you lost?"

sorry didnt saw your answer earlier because you didnt quote me
how is my post a stereotype if i literally wrote "some" lol? And I think we have a different definition of "grown up", because you can collect movies or other things without being childish. One has nothing to do with the other

Oh and I am not trying to get you into collecting physical media again or something like that. But stopping a hobby you like just because you are afraid of what other ppl might think is not a healthy way to think imho.
To be honest, this conversation has gotten wildly off track. I am selling the movies because they're just gonna sit on a shelf collecting dust. I have the films anyway on digital. And steelbooks are a pain in the as*, for reasons mentioned elsewhere on here. You're not childish if you collect movies. The conversation turned to geek culture. Wearing movie t-shirts / anime / band shirts, and collecting figures / comic books etc. You're more of an adult with different films on your shelf, rather than just science-fiction / fantasy. That was my issue with what I had bought, along with the fragile nature of steelbooks, and the huge expense. I had bought franchises and blockbusters physically, and to me, it suddenly looked very immature. I felt like a giant nerd. I like all kinds of films and that's why it was a mistake. Streaming is more suited to my changing tastes.

Last edited:
That's a big part of why I have so many editions. At first, I just wanted a movie on DVD. Then, a few years later, one with a better transfer would come out, or a new, hour long documentary. Then a steelbook. Then a new format, BD. Then a better edition on that. Another steelbook. Then UHD.
At first I thought I'd only buy it a second time, or only if there's new material on disc, but ended up buying just for the packaging, just for a steelbook or a mediabook, or booklet and cards. So, yeah, it's a 'sickness' of sorts.
You've summed up the problem nicely. Best for me to get out of it now before it gets out of hand. I'm not paying £85+ for artwork on a steelbook. And, come on! You've never stressed about a bang, dent, scratch or mark before, on a steelbook? Seriously? You must be the only one then. I've read on forums about people returning them 5 or 6 times to get a perfect one. They've driven the prices up for everyone!

Last edited: