Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 19, 2022
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €29.99

81jGPcKMpZL._SX522_.jpg

"What do you want us to do with this information?"

Maybe get a life and get off a steelbook forum.

Made a huge mistake buying physical media again, whether amarays or steelbooks, they just sit on the shelf collecting dust. Least with digital, it doesn't matter, you buy them cheaply, watch them, and they're hidden away. Best to only buy films that aren't available on digital, or are available in a better resolution on physical. That's like a handful of films.

No lady is gonna walk into your bedroom and see your LOTR / Star Wars collection and get weak at the knees.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Stygian and Shark
"What do you want us to do with this information?"

Maybe get a life and get off a steelbook forum. Made a huge mistake buying physical media again, whether amarays or steelbooks, they just sit on the shelf collecting dust. Least with digital, it doesn't matter, you buy them cheaply, watch them, and they're hidden away. Best to only buy films that aren't available on digital, or are available in a better resolution on physical. That's like a handful of films.
What if these discs is a part of life, a big one? Does 'having a life' mean living without things, that collect dust? What if a bookcase has glass doors? Do discs that don't collect dust have your approval? Do I give a crap, beyond being irritated by your arrogance?

disappointed fifth element GIF

Reactions: Nova
I disagree. I find it interesting and I'm always curious about what an individual's reasons are for quitting collecting.
You're right, but that is if a real, actual collector decides to change their habits, not something one of those 'newborns', that knows nothing in life besides an iPhone and social media, and picks up a couple dozen popular local releases for a few months, and then realizes he never really cared or wanted them.

No lady is gonna walk into your bedroom and see your LOTR / Star Wars collection and get weak at the knees.
If that was the reason you restarted collecting or even started in the first place, then yeah, it’s best you stop buying physical media. Those steelbooks are better off with some one else who actually wants them and collects them for themselves. God forbid you have a hobby or an interest that isn’t purely for the attention of a ‘mate’…

Also, way to be inclusive there. Didn’t realise collecting steels was only for heterosexuals. I guess I best sell all mine and stop collecting also. Not like it’s 2022 or anything… :bored:

Also, way to be inclusive there. Didn’t realise collecting steels was only for heterosexuals. I guess I best sell all mine and stop collecting also. Not like it’s 2022 or anything… :bored:

"No lady is gonna walk into your bedroom and see your LOTR / Star Wars collection and get weak at the knees."

There wasn't anything in that line that suggested it was aimed just at heterosexual men. It could easily apply to a gay woman.

• Haha
Reactions: Hereticz
"No lady is gonna walk into your bedroom and see your LOTR / Star Wars collection and get weak at the knees."

There wasn't anything in that line that suggested it was aimed just at heterosexual men. It could easily apply to a gay woman.
Yeah, however ‘StevenPosts’…

And again, I wouldn’t be looking to impress any ladies either. So, there’s that.

"You’re the one announcing to complete strangers about changes in your hobby and spending habits."

But they care about your physical media purchases / collection? Oooh. Are you gonna slap me?

Last edited:
"Do I give a crap, beyond being irritated by your arrogance?"

It's not ignorance, I've collected VHS, DVD, Blu Ray and 4K Blu Ray, but in 2022, it makes no sense to collect physically. I collected steelbooks this time and they look awful lined up on a bookcase. Soulless bits of tin, where you can only see the spines. They're nearly all black spines too. If I watch a movie, say Rear Window, I might not watch that film again for four years, so it's just gonna sit there collecting dust. Digital, you don't have to worry about that. Also, we all make the mistake of saying we're gonna collect favourites ONLY, but how many favourites do you have? 50, 100, 200? Collecting ALWAYS gets out of hand.

Something like Vinyl is different because you interact with it, you read the liner notes and you turn the record over. Books, they're cheap, it takes time to read them, finishing one feels like an achievement, and you look like a grown-up. With shelves full of movies, it looks like you have no life, and you don't really interact with them. It is no different than watching the film digitally. Plus at £32 a pop, for a Zavvi steelbook, they're crazy expensive now. The secondary market is even more expensive. And you may get a damaged and dented one. Are you gonna ask the e-bay seller for your money back or suck it up and keep a damaged steel? I've read collectors on forums talking about returning a steelbook five times, until it was perfect, talk about stress and hassle! And they've put the prices up for everyone else. Not to mention the poor company.

Last edited:
Reactions: mactaylor