Jurassic Park Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HDzeta Special Edition Silver Label No.2) [China]

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: May, 2015
Notes:
WWA steelbooks,limited 300 sets.
The First one with 3D and 2nd,3rd without.
Jurassic Park 1 has loose lenticular card, other films do not have lent.

Group Buy infos:
GB was May 20 here
100 copies for HDN members
1 copy per person.
Payment start at 25th,and deadline as same date.
Cost: $132 shipped direct with all fees

full

Actual pics from Xin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack, I really love this release and "Jurassic Park" is one of my favorites! I quit buying the bare bones, big box releases, and pick up the releases that are a little different from the bigger print run stuff.

This is a great bargain and I'll be getting more than one. One to open and one to cherish.

I just love it!!! :)

View attachment 160914

Honestly mate,
if you want to pay so much for it all fine and good. But it's not a bargain, or even remotely reasonably priced; made all the worse bu the very fact that Xin mislead us (me particularly) over the pricing - it was according to him to be subtsantially cheaper than this; and frankly it ought to be.

Jack, I really love this release and "Jurassic Park" is one of my favorites! I quit buying the bare bones, big box releases, and pick up the releases that are a little different from the bigger print run stuff.

This is a great bargain and I'll be getting more than one. One to open and one to cherish.

I just love it!!! :)

View attachment 160914

Only one to a customer :sorry:

Reactions: Marina Blue
Well where I'm from a bargin is anything under a fiver :OMG: . SO SO GLAD I'M NOT OBSESSED WITH THIS MOVIE RIGHT NOW . HOW MUCH ???:wow:

Before anything else 80 quid GB NNNNNNAAAAAAAHHHHHH Even inlayed with 24 carot Gold o_O .

Not for me I am completely totally and utterly happy with my Amray 3 movie 7.99 er from Zavvi :notworthy: .

Those who do want / need it good luck :thumbs: .

Only thing that would concern me is what and how Jurassic World will fit in with this set ? :giggle: .

Also that Film Arena dont do an edition that knocks it totaly out of the park for a quarter of the price :ohno: .

Honestly mate,
if you want to pay so much for it all fine and good. But it's not a bargain, or even remotely reasonably priced; made all the worse bu the very fact that Xin mislead us (me particularly) over the pricing - it was according to him to be subtsantially cheaper than this; and frankly it ought to be.

Oh Jack, Xin reads posts on here and knows who likes the economical releases and those who poo-poo the nice collector stuff. He may have been teasing you or thought it would be less, or may have been mislead himself, to believe they'd be selling this amazing release for below cost. Who knows, who cares? That doesn't change the fact that this release will blow steelbook lovers away when they arrive, I can't wait to get this bargain, beauty!!!! :)

btI7IS2.jpg

I think you're looking at it wrong. Each has a slipcover, and they go together into the silver slipbox.
All you have besides that is a loose lenticular, and a dozen postcards.JP1 has 3d; but you can buy those for just £8 in the UK.
And, as I have said previously, for that dubious privilege you are paying $82 extra!

Oh, and Marina Blue, sorry pal, but if you think that is 'great value' you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

I understand your arguments, but you cannot calculate like that. I guess the retailers in Asia cannot get the 3 Jurassic Park steelbooks as cheap as the German retailers can. And for a NOVA Avengers steel I had to pay about 55 Euro, including shipping. Here in Germany I will for sure get a similar steelbook (even a Media Markt lenticular Edition) for about 25-30 Euro. Sometimes for even less. Is Nova a rip off then?

I understand your arguments, but you cannot calculate like that. I guess the retailers in Asia cannot get the 3 Jurassic Park steelbooks as cheap as the German retailers can. And for a NOVA Avengers steel I had to pay about 55 Euro, including shipping. Here in Germany I will for sure get a similar steelbook (even a Media Markt lenticular Edition) for about 25-30 Euro. Sometimes for even less. Is Nova a rip off then?

Of course you must calculate like that.

Your first example included postage of 15 euros. which makes it 40 euros - for 2D/3/D blu with exclusive artwork, a full slipcase and a thirty odd page booklet.

By comparison the original German release of Avengers was 20.99 euros - if you had to pay postage from the far east on top that would have bumped the cost up to 36 euros.
But you see we're comparing worldwide art with exclusive art. and also a fairly recent release, with pretty old catalogue releases.

Frankly, had Zavvi come up with this set at this price we would never hear the end of it. But, because some of the Asian sellers appear to have an almost mythical aura to some people they can get way with increasingly extortionate pricing.

Of course you must calculate like that.

Your first example included postage of 15 euros. which makes it 40 euros - for 2D/3/D blu with exclusive artwork, a full slipcase and a thirty odd page booklet.

By comparison the original German release of Avengers was 20.99 euros - if you had to pay postage from the far east on top that would have bumped the cost up to 36 euros.
But you see we're comparing worldwide art with exclusive art. and also a fairly recent release, with pretty old catalogue releases.

Frankly, had Zavvi come up with this set at this price we would never hear the end of it. But, because some of the Asian sellers appear to have an almost mythical aura to some people they can get way with increasingly extortionate pricing.

Shipping cost was about 10 Euro for Nova Avengers to Germany. The Steel alone was 49 USD, which I also think is a bit too expensive for a catalogue title, regardless what goodies are included (nevertheless I bought it). Three of those make it about 150 USD, excluding shipping compared to 125 USD shipped for the HDZETA set, which at least includes 3 different movies. However, everybody can decide for himself what to buy. For me the weak Euro actually makes it difficult to keep up with all these nice releases.

Shipping cost was about 10 Euro for Nova Avengers to Germany. The Steel alone was 49 USD, which I also think is a bit too expensive for a catalogue title, regardless what goodies are included (nevertheless I bought it). Three of those make it about 150 USD, excluding shipping compared to 125 USD shipped for the HDZETA set, which at least includes 3 different movies. However, everybody can decide for himself what to buy. For me the weak Euro actually makes it difficult to keep up with all these nice releases.

You just will NOT see wood for trees.

You cannot go nd buy a new Marvel Avengers Steeelbook for 9.90 euros - you CAN however buy the JP trilogy for that price per title.
This should reflect in the price.
Also, I was assured these would come in at significantly less that $20 per title - maybe that was until they realized they could fleece poor suckers who just cannot see wood for trees AND have bottomless pockets.

The only real reason to buy one of these, or the Private Ryans is purely bragging rights - but a significant number of us don't need that sort of psycholgical crutch.

I would generally agree regarding your point BUT the steelbook is not exclusive and when available from Germany for about $12 each shipped how can you justify some cardboard pushing the cost per steelbook up by more than $20 before shipping.
Don't want to derail the thread or talk about "value" but yes, the cost should be $100 or below ( I was hoping for $100 actually). I guess at the end of the day, it's just a matter of whether you want the release or not. If one cant justify the cost, and they're happy with other versions then go for it. Whether HDz simply ripping us off or if they have actual expenses driving the price up (like buying rights, printing, adding profits, etc) we will never know. All I can say is, if you like the movie and you like what you see here, go for it :thumbs: If not, no worries, just pass.

Excuse me if I'm mistaken here, but...wasn't the HDZeta Gladiator tripack $160?

That was for three steelbooks of the same movie...so isn't $125 for three steelbooks of three different movies a better deal?

I guess these Jurassic Park steelbooks aren't loved enough.

If the upcoming Jurassic World is any good, these sets might become even more valuable. Good movies, especially those that are part of a series, tend to renew interest in the original(s). I should know - I don't have Road Warrior or Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome on Blu-ray and after having watched and loved Fury Road, I'm now looking for the best available BD editions of those films to buy. But even if JW flops, it looks like this set from HDzeta will be the only premium version of the original trilogy available on the market. Everyone else is just doing standard WWA steels. Count me in.

Reactions: Marina Blue