Jurassic World (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 19th, 2015
Purchase link: Jurassic World (UK shipping only)
Price: £19.99
HDN Group Buy Hosted by: Naughtius Maximus < Click

CIbD590WEAA8GGC.jpg

Last edited:
Outstanding - really hoping it will match the other steels and have some terrible stock image T-Rex on the back - I'm kidding of course, I love the original steels and would love this to complete the set (although I can see myself having some nerd breakdown trying to decide to store it before, or after The Lost World a la "Temple of Doom).

Also just back from seeing this (was waiting until the crowds died down) and really enjoyed it for what it was. One thing I don't understand is why it's cool to bash CGI - would loved to have seen more animatronics of course but some of the animals were beautiful to look at, the I-Rex and Blue the Raptor in particular.

LOVE the artwork, let's hope it's high gloss. So good to see these companies finally putting time and effort into some quality steels.

The work that must've gone into getting the approval to have the finish this will have must have been a nightmare :whistle:

Anyone else like placing a bowl of water on their subwoofer for when Mr T Rex appears?

I always thought it was down to the studios to decide the finished design and not HMV?
HMV "used" to get a big say in design with a few companies back before their problems. They had a few exclusives in terms of dvd/amaray covers and often had exclusive slips over movies/cd's. Don't remember them ever getting an exclusive steelbook just to themselves though. All that stopped when they hit problems and lost most of the exclusive deals.

"I used to work in management for them"

• Informative
Reactions: BluSteel2012
HMV "used" to get a big say in design with a few companies back before their problems. Don't remember them ever getting an exclusive steelbook just to themselves though
Their FURY and NIGHTCRAWLER steelbooks were Exclusive to them? But I assumed the studios were responsible for their design.

Hopefully they are back in the big time and indeed do have more input like you say.

Their FURY and NIGHTCRAWLER steelbooks were Exclusive to them? But I assumed the studios were responsible for their design.

Hopefully they are back in the big time and indeed do have more input like you say.
I'd long since left their employment by then, but you might be right. Can't see them getting much say in the art, but they did in the past so you never know. They may have been presented with choices.

Didn't Nightcrawler come out as an Entertainment Store exclusive first, then HMV got some? Was it different art? Can't remember as didn't purchase either lol.

I'd long since left their employment by then, but you might be right. Can't see them getting much say in the art, but they did in the past so you never know. They may have been presented with choices.

Didn't Nightcrawler come out as an Entertainment Store exclusive first, then HMV got some? Was it different art? Can't remember as didn't purchase either lol.
I don't think it was an entertainment store exclusive, but was available to buy directly from Eone, but HMV had the exclusive rights to store retail.
The artwork was the same.
I think!

I'm so glad they've gone with this final artwork as it will go nicely with my zavvi's beings thats the only reason I got em in the first place so the gamble paid off. Hopefully the logo will be embossed to. Now just gotta get Mad Max 1 2 3 so I'll have the set when fury road steelbook comes out! I've got the one with the interceptor model on pre-order [emoji41]

Last edited: