Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

huggy2k4

Premium Supporter
Jun 8, 2012
Hull, England
Release date: November 5, 2018
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £29.99 - £19.99
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey HERE

01-347739.JPG

02-347739.JPG
03-347739.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
The front I can deal with, and it still goes well with the original Zavvi releases but the back is just awful! (Unless you have the 4k ones of course). Think I'll just sit and wait for a better version or maybe someone could think of a good solution for covering up the back?

Reactions: GinjaNinja18
The front I can deal with, and it still goes well with the original Zavvi releases but the back is just awful! (Unless you have the 4k ones of course). Think I'll just sit and wait for a better version or maybe someone could think of a good solution for covering up the back?

The simplest solution is the info card. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Butz2k
I personally don‘t hate the plain black design because it matches Jurassic 1-4 (HK steel), same as Zavvi one.:D

I like the plain black design of this and the previous 4, but the finish is just terrible! Made in the cheapest way possible. The matte look is even obliquely
printed on to the steel. Would have been nice if they at least made the logo on the front embossed. I will still buy this cause i collect all JP/JW-editions, and i have the previous four. But i much prefer the 4K-slips with the same artwork as these. The glossy look and embossed details on them(the slips) makes them pop, and feel less cheap.

Saw this in the cinema, I was quite annoyed because i couldnt enjoy it because the snot nosed kids near me being loud.

The movie was ok, Im happy they stuck with the Logo design as it will in part match my Zavvi original steels.

This don’t match the others at all. Matte instead of gloss, no bossing and a plain back. Shame

This don’t match the others at all. Matte instead of gloss, no bossing and a plain back. Shame

The logo front and center is all i care about, So to me they will match with my originals just fine, not to mention it has all the formats i want this on so im sorted.

But seriously, they didn’t treat this to the same finish as the other ones just recently released, to make sure they match better? So lazy!

I needed consistency & 4K so I ordered the whole set (1-5) from HMV. I already have the first three from Amazon Japan, the FilmArena Jurassic World and also the G1 trilogy from Best Buy. I'll most likely give away my G1 during Ninja Week, not sure on the others yet

The logo front and center is all i care about, So to me they will match with my originals just fine, not to mention it has all the formats i want this on so im sorted.

Still a completely different finish. Streaky matte compared to the 4 previous glossed up beauts

Yeah, this sort of crap is killing my enjoyment of steelbook collecting.

It's this blasé attitude by over-forgiving customers that means this sort of poor practice will continue while sales remain high. At the end of the day we're paying a premium for a fancy disc holder - so I expect it to be damn well perfect!!!

Yeah, this sort of crap is killing my enjoyment of steelbook collecting.

It's this blasé attitude by over-forgiving customers that means this sort of poor practice will continue while sales remain high. At the end of the day we're paying a premium for a fancy disc holder - so I expect it to be damn well perfect!!!

Its £29.99 for all 3 formats which i think is a pretty good deal. Releases like this arent nessacerily a premium version imo because it comes with no fancy extras like a slip box or lenti etc... Its only £5 more than the standard 4K and includes the 3D disc so its a win win for me.

But seriously, they didn’t treat this to the same finish as the other ones just recently released, to make sure they match better? So lazy!
Going by the Thai edition definitely nothing wrong with the zero finish . . . nary a streak to be seen . . . goes without saying (again) - a perfect companion to the recent 4 from Zoom and now from everywhere (apart from my local Tesco):-
1538336645937.png

Nothing wrong w/ inside artwork either:-
1538337103457.png

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader
Everything is wrong with the finish, it’s cheap and bland.

The originals steels of 1 - 3 were great, JW lacked the bossing element but it still looked okay with the set. This is a disappointment as the finish IS crap!

Only getting it as it resembles something close to the originals in design only and is better than these 2 piles of garbage! Although the 2nd is ok, but mismatched imagery, and lack of title on the front so pointless to me really!

1406FE41-CF43-485A-9BA2-346FCCEC9F88.jpeg
29B257C2-CD56-4D38-A2F8-B37D8F2DB8FC.png

Lol!!! Who is this joker?
It 100% looks cheap and bland compared to the original 3 and 4th

Everything is wrong with the finish, it’s cheap and bland.

The originals steels of 1 - 3 were great, JW lacked the bossing element but it still looked okay with the set. This is a disappointment as the finish IS crap!

Only getting it as it resembles something close to the originals in design only and is better than these 2 piles of garbage! Although the 2nd is ok, but mismatched imagery, and lack of title on the front so pointless to me really!

View attachment 395414View attachment 395415

Agree, although JW had bo bossing which was a shame, at least it was closer to the other 3

The stencil/ illustration style steel is shocking but I don’t actually mind the front of the other one. Just annoys me the art don’t cross over even though it looks like it should and the tail is missing