Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Release date: July 28, 2015
Price: $18.99
Purchase link: COMING SOON
Group buy:
apsmith21

A few of you have reached out and asked me if I'd be hosting a group buy - as a result, I asked our contacts today and there is a Gods and Monsters blu-ray steelbook for the USA and it likely will be a Target exclusive again.

Pic courtesy wolverinejmc
justice.jpg

Last edited:
Made a quick run over to see what my store had.

They had a total of 2 regular steels and 1 steel w/ the figurine. Got one regular for me and the one with the figurine for my nephew (the third copy looked to be dented). But looking on the box with the figurine (see pics), it says, 'limited and numbered edition'. Before I open my copy, I'm hoping someone else can confirm if the actual steelbook is numbered in the gift set edition. (there's nothing printed on the box with a number that I noticed). If that actual steelbook is numbered, I may keep that one instead. :D

20150728_090148.jpg

20150728_090158.jpg

Did anyone manage to get an extra my target got buckus.

Was there a group buy or anything. It would suck I have all the other ones don't want to miss out on this one.

Made a quick run over to see what my store had.

They had a total of 2 regular steels and 1 steel w/ the figurine. Got one regular for me and the one with the figurine for my nephew (the third copy looked to be dented). But looking on the box with the figurine (see pics), it says, 'limited and numbered edition'. Before I open my copy, I'm hoping someone else can confirm if the actual steelbook is numbered in the gift set edition. (there's nothing printed on the box with a number that I noticed). If that actual steelbook is numbered, I may keep that one instead. :D

View attachment 178025

View attachment 178026
Does it feel heavy enough like there is an actual steelbook in there or maybe someone put on the sticker "by accident"?

Although I see it's a different sticker :whistle:

Does it feel heavy enough like there is an actual steelbook in there or maybe someone put on the sticker "by accident"?

Crap now I'm curious about this my target did have those figures didn't look at them.

2 steels, 1 of which the plastic was torn. No damage to the steelbook though. Didn't see any figure packages.

Really surprised this is as limited as it is.
Most of the target DC animated steels have been pretty limited in stores since the first one. Some more than others but overall less than other new release steelbooks. They dont advertise them much either. A full set of these in the future may be quite valuable, especially sealed.

Most of the target DC animated steels have been pretty limited in stores since the first one. Some more than others but overall less than other new release steelbooks. They dont advertise them much either. A full set of these in the future may be quite valuable, especially sealed.

It's a shame really, since these are some of the nicest steelbooks Target puts out there. I've only grabbed The Dark Knight Returns, Assault on Arkham, Batman vs Robin (which I ultimately returned), and this one. Trying to limit myself with these since a lot of the movies really aren't that great (from what I've read). I just remember Son of Batman and Batman vs Robin being very easy to find, but I guess I can't speak for any of the others

I was expecting this one to be very limited. I woke up early so that I would be the first one in store. Glad I was lucky enough to buy 1 of 2 steelbooks. Mission accomplished.

It is a Deluxe Numbered Edition Box Set with Steelbook

It is Heavier

It does come with its own Unique Steelbook Exclusive Target Sticker

It does come with Limited #d Sticker

and Its unfortunate that some Target Store Spider Packed It :(

jla_zpslrnqskrl.jpg

Reactions: wjasoncul