Price: £14.99
Purchase link: Kill Bill 1+2

10795733-1366199041-39208.jpg

More:
10795733-1366629577-39543.jpg

10795733-1366629577-39552.jpg

Original poll infos:
View attachment 31537

Ok guys ... gonna get announced soon .... but until then choose on the inside art for another one of QT's epics. :LOL:

CHOICE 1
black1.jpg

CHOICE 2
black2.jpg
[/spoiler]

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 756
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 334
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 292
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear man. Strange how it was scratched even though there's a thicker than normal j-card. Sometimes it sucks to be a collector :angry: I guess if it was a title that sold out fast it would be even worse but you can always send it back to Zavvi in the hope that you'll get your replacement quickly. I know it's pain in the ass with their returns system but the way I look at it is with a lot of these pre-orders we're all waiting months without it on our shelves anyway so what's another two weeks wait.

Hope you get a mint copy

I've decided to live with it. I haven't heard of any issues with Zavvi specifically, but I have heard anecdotes that Amazon will ban an account if you make too many claims.
I really don't complain about small scratches or dings unless I really feels it harms the overall quality, but I don't want to make any more claims than I have to since Zavvi is one of the few places to ship to Japan. Can't burn my bridges, you know. :(

I've decided to live with it. I haven't heard of any issues with Zavvi specifically, but I have heard anecdotes that Amazon will ban an account if you make too many claims.

I've never heard that and I've had my fair share of freebies due to damages that I've received. Amazon shoot themselves in the foot though by offering a replacement and allowing you to keep the original/defective item. They should just offer free returns bags or something so that they can at least verify the damage. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice gesture of them to allow their customers a stress-free returns process for damages, but I'd rather return the articles if they're going to start banning accounts due to damage claims. The fact of the matter is, like someone said earlier in this thread, sometimes it sucks to be a collector because most retailers don't notice things like defects that we do.

Reactions: Steeler
I really don't complain about small scratches or dings unless I really feels it harms the overall quality, but I don't want to make any more claims than I have to since Zavvi is one of the few places to ship to Japan. Can't burn my bridges, you know. :(

You can always contact Zavvi and send them a few pics of the damage. They will give you a 10% damage keep refund. If you can be bothered of course.

hmm... mine was apparently dispatched on Sunday, via GPL (who?) - click the tracking link today and nothing happens.

>_>

google GPL and i get some random "Green Planet Logistics" who dont have any way to track deliveries on site either.

<_<

nice.

Sorry to hear man. Strange how it was scratched even though there's a thicker than normal j-card. Sometimes it sucks to be a collector :angry: I guess if it was a title that sold out fast it would be even worse but you can always send it back to Zavvi in the hope that you'll get your replacement quickly. I know it's pain in the ass with their returns system but the way I look at it is with a lot of these pre-orders we're all waiting months without it on our shelves anyway so what's another two weeks wait.

Hope you get a mint copy

That's the thing, the j-card was minty fresh!

The scratches themselves go all different directions, so it really is almost like someone simply ground the back of the steelbook against something (or under their boot!) then decided to throw on the j-card to hide the damage. :angry:

Anyway, as I stated, I am reluctant to file another Zavvi claim as I received the MIB trilogy in similar condition a few months ago and was given a small refund for that.

I am just going to hold out for these to arrive in peoples homes and hope I can find someone trading away one with a terrible front but perfect back for cheap. In Japan, beggars can't be choosers!

Reactions: lolwut and gaeljet
can't you just explain them the manifest issue and show them the pictures? i 'm pretty sure they should accept your return and refund you
and as it is still available you could buy it again(from zavvi or somewhere else)

dv8mad - you should contact Zavvi about those scratches. Send them the pictures and let them decide what to do with it. Refund or replace and keep the damaged one. You have nothing to lose here.

Mine arrive otta the blue today via regular post :) didn't seem to require a signature even though it was apparently sent "tracked" (with no working links or carrier info on my account/emails) :ugh:

not gonna open untill the weekend, but seems ok :thumbs: Blood is definitely glossy btw

Anybody else feel as though these Tarantino steelbooks are totally underwhelming when you consider how awesome the movies are? Killbill, Django and (most probably) Reservoir Dogs should have all gotten premium treatment and much better artwork than they ended up receiving. Haven't done justice to the movies at all.

dv8mad - you should contact Zavvi about those scratches. Send them the pictures and let them decide what to do with it. Refund or replace and keep the damaged one. You have nothing to lose here.

Well, I have ended up taking the advice of you and others. The scratches on the back are just too glaring for me to live with.

If I get banned from Zavvi, it's going to be much worse though! I have a good 15-20 steelbooks still on order with them at the moment. :(

^ Why would they ban you for returning something?

I was not really expecting them to, but simply worrying about it after hearing that places like Amazon actually track claims and, if you fall above a certain threshold, they simply lifetime ban you. :ohno:

Anyway, news from Zavvi already. Also with quite the reassuring note included!

Hi Sam,

Thank you for getting in touch about your Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2 Steelbook, I'm sorry to see that this has arrived with you in a damaged condition.

Firstly, I'd just like to let you know that we would never ban a customer for reporting a damaged item. We're just as disappointed as you to see that one of our orders has arrived in this condition, and I hope we can resolve this issue quickly.

In this occasion, I would like to offer you a partial refund of 4.00 as compensation for the damage and disappointment that has been caused. This money can be returned to the account you originally paid for the order with, and if you would like to accept this then simply let me know.

Alternatively, if you would prefer to return this to us for either a refund or replacement then can you please let me know how much you would anticipate the postage costs being from Japan?

Once again, I'm sorry for the disappointment that has been caused, and hope we can resolve this issue for you soon.

Kind regards,
Chris

Plus 1 to Zavvi as a customer service oriented company!

Reactions: justboy
Finally received mine today, under the j-card it has a very tiny scratch in the top left hand corner and can see the silver underneath, another manufacturing fault.

Email sent to Zavvi, waiting on a response

UPDATE

All they offered was for me to return it for a refund, nothing about replacing it when asked, Zavvi really do have poor customer service

Last edited: