Release date: March 28, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99 - £11.99

Part of the Kill Bill by Zavvi:
Vol. 1 - Vol. 2

11229036-1554356504453402.jpg

11229036-4604356504188118.jpg 11229036-9334356504093777.jpg
00.jpg 11229036-1284356504286833.jpg

i saw this on twitter, so maybe we are getting steelbook for one of Quentin Tarantino's movies.
zavvvippoppp.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't you all know QT is a steelbook collector? Note the sticker...

1.jpg

Seriously though... I love the fact that he approved the steelbook himself, and it was cool that it even came with his signature on it. Small things and all that. :D

Its not that Zavvi think that is QT, just they wanted to ask that site to participate in the chat. The site (and I read that site) is just a bit dense to figure that out. Oh wells for all ....

As for QT ... he's actually a lot closer to this site then people have any idea! There is a degree of Kevin Bacon here. ;) I've shipped many steels that end up there .... and that's all I think I am allowed to say. haha.

Oh yeah i get that Zavvi didn't think that was him. But it's still funny the way they asked and the way the Tarantino archives replied.
Made me giggle.

You mean you've actually shipped steels to QT?
Cool if you have and didn't he also approve the Jackie brown Steelbook and he is a collector so it would be cool if he had all versions of his films anyway that get released including steels and I can see him as a mondo lover too and maybe some others ;)

@Noodles did that sticker really come on that steel? I'd have to check mine .... if i recall the actual sticker was first released here in the USA on its first release. I thought i recall some members taking it and putting it on the steels instead. Cool none the less.

Being such an avid film fan it would be as no surprise at all that QT collected steelbooks & may well have a profile on this very site! Now everybody in the UK request a UK Inglorious Steelbook release on the off chance he'll see it

Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2 - Done
Pulp Fiction - Done
Django Unchained - Done
Reservoir Dogs - Done
Death Proof - Done
Jackie Brown - Done

Inglourious Basterds or The Hateful Eight are the only ones left.

UNLESS

He's finally got some time on his hands and is going to give us Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair

PLEASE QUENTIN...this artwork screams Steelbook

Kill-Bill-Poster.jpg

I'd love to get a chance to see The Whole Bloody Affair someday especially in steelbook form.

I'm assuming for now one will at least be Hateful Eight hopefully with both the roadshow and theatrical cuts included.

Reactions: Flloydo
That's what I admire most about Mr. Tarantino - his passion for film. He and Kevin Smith are fans turned directors who truly love the craft.

The Mondo artwork can be an acquired taste but a to scale poster on your living room wall would look superb. It's almost as if Mondo was created specifically to capture QT's signature style and vision. I'm thinking we'll get lots of different takes on the artwork but I'm sure it'll be interesting regardless of what is chosen.

@Noodles did that sticker really come on that steel? I'd have to check mine .... if i recall the actual sticker was first released here in the USA on its first release. I thought i recall some members taking it and putting it on the steels instead. Cool none the less.

It did when I bought mine from Play. It was one of my first steels and I'm still kicking myself for throwing it away. :p

I think it was on the shrink wrap rather than the steel itself... pretty sure I peeled mine off and put it on the steel though. It'd be cool to see them do the same again for this release anyway.

It was on all the UK steels @Wreck. You are right though, all the US Blu-Ray's had it too.

Would be great if this turns out to be Inglourious Basterds, could really do with a release in the UK considering the other movies were released in the UK. Not really keen on the new movie, did not enjoy it as much as previous Quentin Tarantino movies, kind of expect The Hateful Eight to be released, so not as much of a mystery if that's what this turns out to be.

Not sure if it's a clue, but Zavvi seem to be posting a few Kill Bill images on both Twitter and Instagram. They already released a Kill Bill steelbook a few years ago though, so I'll be somewhat disappointed if they do another... unless it's Mondo! :D

Not sure if it's a clue, but Zavvi seem to be posting a few Kill Bill images on both Twitter and Instagram. They already released a Kill Bill steelbook a few years ago though, so I'll be somewhat disappointed if they do another... unless it's Mondo! :D

It would be pointless unless it's the whole bloody affair which will be a defo no or mondo art.
I can see it being mondo art of it is kill bill.
But personally I need a inglorious steel and pulp fiction steel (missed the last one)

Reactions: Noodles
It would be pointless unless it's the whole bloody affair which will be a defo no or mondo art.
I can see it being mondo art of it is kill bill.
But personally I need a inglorious steel and pulp fiction steel (missed the last one)
If it's Mondo, then I'm definitely in no matter what the film! My guess is it'll be IB though.

Reactions: luke98
Just realised @luke98 that listing describes the special edition blu Ray I have with the slip box and artcards