King Kong (2005) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #139) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: March 4, 2015 May 2019 October 14, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1599 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc
Note: Full Slip XL. 751 copies

118356325_3512979735485644_6047132565378588844_o.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 16.36.53.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 16.37.12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sorry to burst your bubble but that makes zero impact on 4K's for me. So sorry

and that’s from Big Johnny Archer :cigar: one of the few people who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to “official” reviews.

I own at least 300 more with better picture quality. Simply not good enough in the current library...

Did you stretch before that reach as you can’t be serious :LOL: I ain’t going to lie as it does have some digital smoothing issues in this especially with Naomi Watts face and some minor hiccups due to a 2005 DI but damn this has so much to offer in 4K giving a very crisp image and is one spicy HDR & WCG meatball. No complaints from me as you can do so much worse than King Kong on 4k Blu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hereticz and Shark
and that’s from Big Johnny Archer :cigar: one of the few people who actually know what they are talking about when it comes to “official” reviews.

Did you stretch before that reach as you can’t be serious :LOL: I ain’t going to lie as it does have some digital smoothing issues in this especially with Naomi Watts face and some minor hiccups due to a 2005 DI but damn this has so much to offer in 4K giving a very crisp image and is one spicy HDR & WCG meatball. No complaints from me as you can do so much worse than King Kong on 4k Blu.

Er, what bubble?

Like I said:
The bubble is the little world you live in.That bubble.
Like I said, your statement makes ZERO impact.So I don't see the relevance to your statement.You stating it makes no impact.

Like I said, there's easily 300 better looking discs in the library...

The bubble is the little world you live in.That bubble.
Like I said, your statement makes ZERO impact.So I don't see the relevance to your statement.You stating it makes no impact.
I wish you'd actually read what I posted instead of moving straight on to petty personal insults :)

"The little world you live in" :LOL:

I simply quoted one "official" review from the net and mentioned that "I don't care about 4K at all".

Show me a list that shows King Kong is in the top ten, well make it top 200 best looking 4K discs of all time.That should be easy enough.
Someone mentioned BD forum. Go through their database and King Kong isn't even in the top 200 maybe 300 best 4K transfer grades given by BD forum.They have so many more 5.0's and 4.5's than the 4.0 they gave King Kong.
I wish you'd actually read what I posted instead of moving straight on to petty personal insults :)

"The little world you live in" :LOL:

I simply quoted one "official" review from the net and mentioned that "I don't care about 4K at all".

It's all good. No problem here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billy Talent
Whooooaaaaa that is an epic cock up! Surely they can’t release it with that typo?

I think FA will get it reprinted. Well they better anyway

And what is with the lacklustre finishes on the slips recently - used to be the best in my opinion. Their lentis are soooo much better now but the embossing of the slips seem to of taken a slap on the face

It shows how Czechs are bad in English :facepalm: I mean come on, how many eyes must have seen that on the way from "paper" to a printed slip?? Geez....

And what is with the lacklustre finishes on the slips recently - used to be the best in my opinion. Their lentis are soooo much better now but the embossing of the slips seem to of taken a slap on the face

Actually this leather-like finish is very nice, but especially in this case thay should have use the ol´ Jurassic Park finish.....bad choice indeed, together with the typo lol epic fail!