Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [Canada]

Jul 20, 2012
Toronto, ON
Release date: June 9th 2015
Purchase: BestBuy.ca
Price: $26.99
Group Buy: biscuitnoir or Drum18

Notes: This one is a huge deal! Something that hasn't been done in North America in many years. (fox studio in steelbook for NA)

kings.jpg

From 3D display:
01.jpg 02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so I finally watched it Uncesored @AlienKing @Apollon so no more talking about any of that (which I tired myself with this :hilarious:) ... it was nice to see it all Uncensored all jokes in it, very nice and entertaining ! I actually hadn't realised how obsessed I had become with that lol yes I know @Apollon :bag:
FIANLLY! you watched it. I'm glad you enjoyed it as well. It was a mind blowing movie :naughty:

FIANLLY! you watched it. I'm glad you enjoyed it as well. It was a mind blowing movie :naughty:

Yes it was a very entertaining Blockbuster ! I am a bit upset through all that I discovered certain things but minimal trying to avoid content edited, but I did the best I can and it all worked out, it was a cool movie :)

Reactions: AlienKing
This has probably been answered but why didn't the US get this as well since its through Best Buy.

This was initially scheduled to be a Future Shop Exclusive Steelbook for Canada, so when best buy closed its FS stores, this is when it became a BestBuy.ca Steel. All FutureShop new steel releases that were announced have been passed to best buy.ca.

I did however notice that Mexico used same artwork as FutureShop (or the bestbuy.ca one), so since it is limited to 2000 copies, this must have been a shared print run and somehow it seems that it is Mexico that received the rest of the steels (as usually steels are 4000 min print run as usual)

there seem to be bad quality control issue for this steel, one of the GB host in earlier post stated that 1/3 is stock ordered had spine slash, I ordered 1 copy had a spine slash, I ordered a replacement and I had a paint job manufacturing issue like a line that was paler middle of back of steel going across, So I returned both and I am happy with my FAC (even if Uncensored version is only on region B).

I quite like this steelbook apart from the "from the director of xmen first class" at the top... why did they need to add that???

Because, in Hollywood, directors are under the impression they are gods - or at the very least the indespensible hub of the films they work on!
For some unfathomable reason known only to themselves, the studios created the 'cult of the director' - before that nonsense there were auteurs such as Welles, Powell and co; and then there were directors who simply got on with bringing the writer/s script to the screen the best way they knew how, and didn't make a big fuss about it . . . . .
The cult of the director is nonsense for the most part, of course. The real people of vision are the writers, cinematogaphers, art directors etc.
A very few directors, such as Ridley Scott, bring significantly more than blind arrogance and an ability to 'call cut' to the table.

Meanwhile back on topic - I really rather like this steelbook :)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Butz2k
Because, in Hollywood, directors are under the impression they are gods - or at the very least the indespensible hub of the films they work on!
For some unfathomable reason known only to themselves, the studios created the 'cult of the director' - before that nonsense there were auteurs such as Welles, Powell and co; and then there were directors who simply got on with bringing the writer/s script to the screen the best way they knew how, and didn't make a big fuss about it . . . . .
The cult of the director is nonsense for the most part, of course. The real people of vision are the writers, cinematogaphers, art directors etc.
A very few directors, such as Ridley Scott, bring significantly more than blind arrogance and an ability to 'call cut' to the table.

Meanwhile back on topic - I really rather like this steelbook :)
To be honest i wouldnt have minded as much if they put "from director Matthew Vaughn" it's more the fact there's just the name of a completely unrelated movie slapped on there for no reason other than the fact it's the same director. I don't really care about another completely unrelated film, I'd rather just see a cover dedicated to this movie alone