Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive OAB) [China]

domalorite

Premium Supporter
Sep 25, 2012
Retired
1.gif

500 copies

1.jpg
2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

Last edited:
@harry, this is what is a shame, everytime we go to the movies or see movie posters there's several different ones that are so nice looking, but for Blu-ray slipcover and Steelbook Artwork they never used the nice Posters...rarely they do...but I'm sure you know that :rolleyes:
Hey, @Actarus, I've been going on about that forever!
(Give me the covers with Drew Struzan's poster art, John Alvin's poster art, Bob Peak, etc.!)
A nice example of this actually coming true: Futureshop and Target having the original Bob Peak art for the Steelbook of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
and also Saving Private Ryan with pre-theatrical release poster art.
Small victories, but victories nonetheless!!
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@C.C. 95 Yes I know we feel the same about it, too many great movie posters of recent releases that should have been on a steel
One of my top 30 films, THE FISHER KING, is getting a new release from Criterion.
The original Criterion Laserdisc cover was no great shakes....
But the new Blu ray cover is one of the worst covers I have ever seen.
Any of the theatricals would have been better. So sad.:arghh:
download-2.jpeg
<----Laserdisc New Blu Ray----> image.jpg

Theatrical Poster art
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: harry
@harry, this is what is a shame, everytime we go to the movies or see movie posters there's several different ones that are so nice looking, but for Blu-ray slipcover and Steelbook Artwork they never used the nice Posters...rarely they do...but I'm sure you know that :rolleyes:

Yeah, give the fans more opportunity to vote on artwork to really make them exclusive rather than the same around the world.... :thumbs:

Yeah, give the fans more opportunity to vote on artwork to really make them exclusive rather than the same around the world.... :thumbs:

if that would be that easy that would be sweet, but most steelbook releases are WWA release and the different country share the steelbook release and make their own unique slipcover or 1/4 slip to dress it up differently.

In the case of Blufans Secret Service OAB, they have no choice but to use the WWA steel as they are only doing a print run of 300 to 500 on the OAB releases...
In order to have an exclusive WEA artwork a retailer has to order a minimum of 4000 units and still they can not do as they please, they have to chose from a catalogue of already pre-approved artwork and when decided upon a specific artwork for their WEA steelbook they want to produce, if they want to change something the studio has to approve it but this it timely and costly and not all studio are flexible... WWA are not the most common releases, but we have great retailers that make wonderful Fullslip, special packages and 1/4 slip to go with the WWA steel...

Reactions: arexis2629
I guess they haven't revealed the art for this one eh?

it will be the same steel as every other country, for the final FullSlip that Blufans usually does with their OAB, we will only see it last minutes as OAB usually tend to get released very fast once artwork is announced...as soon as the WWA steel is available, Blufans will get the ball roaling to produce the fullslip in order to release it in a timely manner

• Helpful Post
if that would be that easy that would be sweet, but most steelbook releases are WWA release and the different country share the steelbook release and make their own unique slipcover or 1/4 slip to dress it up differently.

In the case of Blufans Secret Service OAB, they have no choice but to use the WWA steel as they are only doing a print run of 300 to 500 on the OAB releases...
In order to have an exclusive WEA artwork a retailer has to order a minimum of 4000 units and still they can not do as they please, they have to chose from a catalogue of already pre-approved artwork and when decided upon a specific artwork for their WEA steelbook they want to produce, if they want to change something the studio has to approve it but this it timely and costly and not all studio are flexible... WWA are not the most common releases, but we have great retailers that make wonderful Fullslip, special packages and 1/4 slip to go with the WWA steel...

I see your point; hmmm, if they can make their own slips, it would be nice if they made the slip from metal, that may add a premium, but isn't that what we pay anyway? They did it for I believe the French or European BD of Inglorious Basterds, now that would be setting it apart.....:hungry:. I have been collecting steels for a while, but am fairly new to e.g. the Asian steel scene, so I guess time will tell, or have I missed the boat on that one? :sleep:

@steelbobawny you can be sure that none of the posters will be used, posters for theatrical purposes are almost never used and we can only find a few example, lets not forget here we are talking about steelbooks artwork and most importantly it is a WWA steel, so the poster pictures will not happen. Even though it would be nice as they seem to have always the best artwork, this is wishful thinking.

@bccan05 and you are already paying the premium on Blufans releases, if you want to specifically speak about asian releases like I have said they do it their own way and each company/retailer have their own way of setting themselves apart already from the rest and they do it very well. It is not for nothing that they are very sought after. They each gracefully set themselves apart with Unique ways of offering products either WWA or WEA.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: steelbobawny
I see your point; hmmm, if they can make their own slips, it would be nice if they made the slip from metal, that may add a premium, but isn't that what we pay anyway? They did it for I believe the French or European BD of Inglorious Basterds, now that would be setting it apart.....:hungry:. I have been collecting steels for a while, but am fairly new to e.g. the Asian steel scene, so I guess time will tell, or have I missed the boat on that one? :sleep:
I doubt you would ever see a metal slip for a steelbook, it would scratch against the steel and cost too much. The one you mentioned is the Australian version of Inglourious Basterds. That was a metal slipcase with an amaray case inside.

Reactions: Actarus
I doubt you would ever see a metal slip for a steelbook, it would scratch against the steel and cost too much. The one you mentioned is the Australian version of Inglourious Basterds. That was a metal slipcase with an amaray case inside.

Thank you for correcting me, I am still new to the non-European steelbook scene, but I am learning a lot through these forums and from my fellow collectors, bit of a way to go though. :thumbs:

Thank you for correcting me, I am still new to the non-European steelbook scene, but I am learning a lot through these forums and from my fellow collectors, bit of a way to go though. :thumbs:
No problem @bccan05! There are a lot of helpful members here that have a lot of knowledge and will be glad to help you out. Welcome to the forum and if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a Pm!:)

This forum it is the best place to learn, when I came here I knew very little but with time and questions I became a more knowledgeable Ninja :watch:
For me my Love are Asian releases, really fell for those little gems they put out and if you are interested in them, you will learn, help is always just a click away :thumbs:

Pre-ordered the Italian steelbook, since no US version has been announced. But I'd love to know what artwork they are going to use, and still think the art cards in the HMV exclusive would be awesome if a GB wasn't too much $$$.