Kojima Productions Big Announcement..Thunder and Lightning Stage - Old Snake Picture!

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots came and we played. Then our own Scottish nobleman Mark Serrels came, and we went dang man, WTF?! Yes there is no greater Kojima fanboy than gameplayer’s Mr. Serrels who holds as his three fondest moments in life getting married, killing The End and seeing Kojima’s wang in the dunnies at a Konami press trip in late 2007 in support of MGS4.

The man keeps in contact with the friends he made on that trip, including a member of Kojima’s staff, who has just dropped him an email saying that the famous developer is about to make a big announcement in “T minus 3 days and counting” with regards to a new project.

What could it be? Zone of Enders 3? Snatcher Reborn? Metal Gear Solid vs. NWO World Tour? Speculate your respective butts off in the comments below and be sure to watch this space for info as soon as it drops. For the record, we’re guessing a repackaged Metal Gear Solid 4, possibly in the vein of Subsistence. But for sh**s ‘n’ giggles we’re saying MGS4 for Xbox 360!

Now wouldn’t that turns some heads!

source: gameplayer.com.au/gp_documents/KojimaNews.aspx

MGS5?!?! :holdsbreath:

Last edited:
Good news everyone! Hideo just confirmed in an interview on Gametrailers today that Antho is indeed the main character/the ninja! Apparently:

Q: There has been much speculation about the ninja being Gray Fox, Raiden, much more likely Antho. But, who is he?

A:*laughs*. I did this purposefully. I knew most people who played the MGS series would immediately think of Raiden and Gray Fox but I knew it wouldn't be long until the true fans realised it was Antho.

Q: So, now that we know it IS Antho, how important will he be to the main story?

A: Well, to put it simply, how important is Big Boss and Solid Snake to the MGS story? Well, that is how important Antho is and, since we will be playing as him, we will learn a huge amount about him AND we will learn how MGS1, MGS2, MGS3, MGS:smileytongue:O, The Patriots and MGS4 were all just a big conspiracy and were, infact, just a real life simulation programme designed to bring Antho to complete power

Q: That is a pretty deep story you have created. Without giving too much away, what connection will Antho have with Ocelot because we have seen in previous games how Antho was Ocelot's partner and comrade and how Ocelot was regretful when he sank the ship with Antho in it. And how did he magically appear in MGS4?

A: *laughs* That is one long question! First of all, we will explain why Ocelot wanted Big Boss out of captivity (and just a hint, it wasn't because he admired him, more like he was being forced). To answer your second question, Antho never died in the tanker. Infact, the fans may have noticed Antho going back UP the rope onto Metal Gear Ray. That is because there was a small room at the back for ammo and, while on the helicopter at the start, Ocelot told Antho to get in it. To answer your third question, Ocelot made Antho the leader of one of the most dangerous PMC's, "The Ash of the Phoenix", and when he heard of Snake killing his wife, The Laughing Beast, Antho (who was now called the Ash of Antho) travelled to Europe to join Ocelot but left after the incident on the river.

Q: Does Antho have any connection to Potable Ops?

A: He has a HUGE connection to it. Remember when Elisa told Big Boss that she wanted to pass her hope to the future through him but Big Boss replied that he couldn't due to his exposure to the radiation? Well, Elisa's powerful ESP allowed him to inpregnate a woman, a woman named Eva. However, rather then having both Eva and Big Bosses genes he had Elisa and Big Bosses genes.

Q: WAIT! So Big Boss HAD a son!?

A: *laughs* Yes, that is correct.

Q: Since we will be playing as Antho and Antho is a leader of a PMC group who is determined to "rule" the world, won't Snake try and stop him?

A: Yes. However, he isn't trying to rule the world as such, he wants to abolish nuclear warheads (like his mother) but he thinks the only way to do that is to destroy America, Russia, the UK and China which will send the world into chaos (like his father wanted). And, as you can imagine, Snake isn't too happy about that.

Q: How will he destroy those countries if he won't use nuclear warheads?

A: That would ruin the surpise but, I will say (A.) he is called Antho the Ash for a reason (the suit isn't for him to be a ninja, it is to keep him cool) and (B.) he was trained extremely well by his father AND he has the powers of both Elisa and Ursula (who are the same person to clear up confusion)

Q: Will you tell us the ending?

A: No...

Q: *laughs* Thanks for your time and will you be releasing anymore info in the upcoming months?

A: No problem and yes but very slowly through the teaser site.

EDIT: The article has just been deleted aswell as all the threads about it on Gamefaqs, the US forums, 1up and GT!

We're in the home stretch of Kojima Productions' master class in drip fed PR. A seemingly endless storm has been raining on a seemingly endless series of countdown clocks.

The storm is over, and now? Now it's sunny — well partly sunny. Geddit, Sunny? Of course, the Sunny character is raised by the Patriots and appears in Metal Gear Solid 4.

There's also a new letter (or number). We can't tell which! Either that's a "B" or an "8".

sunny_kojima.jpg

sunny_update_kp.jpg

Well. Sony doesn't put enough "Mmpf" into their shows, and Microsoft just buys EVERYTHING. Nothing changes, so why do they even hold these events? I'm just tired of hearing from my Xbot friends ......... :(

You can say this after tommorrow.. again what did MS announce that's cool??? that you really want? And if they are bragging about MS buying stuff instead of making their own, then cool, let them. I would rather play uncharted, GT5, infamous, killzone, etc.

Well. Sony doesn't put enough "Mmpf" into their shows, and Microsoft just buys EVERYTHING. Nothing changes, so why do they even hold these events? I'm just tired of hearing from my Xbot friends ......... :(

The show ain't over yet, tomorrow is Sony's conference. Should be good! :D

MGS: R is not being made by Kojima, just his team.. he hates the idea of it.. just wait for MGS5 tomm for PS3 only.