La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 7) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: December 29, 2017
Purchase links: Lenti Slip - Full Slip - Special Box - One Click (Pre-order November 17, 2017 at 8 PM HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $48.99 (Lenti - Full Slip) - $54.99 (Special Box) - $152.97 (One Click)
Notes: Region A
Print Run is 2000 units for both Domestic and International. Limited to 2 Copies per Customer for each edition and 1 for One Click.
Full Slip: 200 Units
Lenti Slip: 300 Units
Special Box: 300 Units
One Click: 400 Sets (Includes all editions, Matching Numbers)
HDN Group Buy: Live at 2 PM tomorrow (Friday 3 November at 2 PM CST, Central time/US)

23130495_1558761787567257_3067312473449576367_n.jpg 23031709_1558761694233933_6758941504530821347_n.jpg 23031348_1558759534234149_375165741784518586_n.jpg

Last edited:
Is there even an all singing all dancing 4k uhd blu ray player that is multi region and can play 3d?

Ive got like 3 blu ray players in my living room at any one time, I've got an LG 3D multiregion blu ray player, a ps4 pro and an Xbox one, soon to be replaced tomorrow by a Xbox one x which will give me the UHD capabilities im after.

If the you can't get an all in one player then at the very most all you'd need is an Xbox one x or s and a multiregion blu ray player

http://www.220-electronics.com/region-free-blu-ray-players/shopby/4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray.html

I would recommend Sony over Samsung as there are loads of issues reported with Samsung players.

Btw, 4K UHD Blu-rays being region free to me is temporary. Once it becomes mainstream, I expect Studios to region lock 4K UHD Blu-rays although it will face fierce criticism from early adopters and consumers.

FYI: Mine is a Panasonic UB-700. It is Region B locked for Blu-rays. So use my Toshiba for Region locked discs or simply rip them to mkv using MakeMKV which takes about 20-30 minutes.

Is there even an all singing all dancing 4k uhd blu ray player that is multi region and can play 3d?

Ive got like 3 blu ray players in my living room at any one time, I've got an LG 3D multiregion blu ray player, a ps4 pro and an Xbox one, soon to be replaced tomorrow by a Xbox one x which will give me the UHD capabilities im after.

If the you can't get an all in one player then at the very most all you'd need is an Xbox one x or s and a multiregion blu ray player

The Cadillac of Blu-ray player, an OPPO !

• Thanks
Reactions: RMA
The Cadillac of Blu-ray player, an OPPO !

If people aren't going to shell out the price of a one click for a multiregion blu ray player i'm fairly sure they're not going to fork out $600-1500 for an Oppo, especially when you can get all the tech that can cover everything an Oppo does for less than $600, infact for much you can probably get yourself a new stand/cabinet to house it all too

If people aren't going to shell out the price of a one click for a multiregion blu ray player i'm fairly sure they're not going to fork out $600-1500 for an Oppo, especially when you can get all the tech that can cover everything an Oppo does for less than $600, infact for much you can probably get yourself a new stand/cabinet to house it all too

Once you own an OPPO, you know what the deal is all about. But I was simply trying to be nice as you had asked, it was only a suggestion.

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76

My Panasonic UB900 is both 4K and 3D just not multi-region.

Xbox One X is impressive but already have a regular Xbox One so don’t want a second console.

I just reached an age where I wanted to simplify the living room, one box and one console under one awesome tv :drool:

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I've never used my xbox as a blu ray player but am hearing nothing but good things about its uhd capabilities,can only imagine this will transfer down to regular blu ray playback

^ As Manta Lab is in Hong Kong maybe not unusual that it is region "A" although granted 'tis a bitter pill to swallow if all previous ML releases have been region free . . .
That's definitely not the case, both Revenant and Logan are region locked. I only own those two and Kingsman (region free), so maybe it's more.

Does the Panny also playback Dolby Vision? Nope ;)
The Oppo.... YES :)

For DV, the entire equipment chain must support DV. The benefits are minimal as the display panels are 10-bit.

We need 12-bit panels to reap the full power of DV. Otherwise, the perceived differences between HDR-10 Vs DV are extremely slim at best.

Let's not forgot that HDR-10+ is on its way and will compete against DV.

Btw, I am not against any of these HDR formats as I love display technology in general.