Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: April 9, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99

IMG_0274.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, 5 so far of the 16 in the U.S. . . . now coming to the U.K.
upload_2018-3-14_16-13-31.png

20 quid each for 2 discs (4K UHD + standard BD) doesn't seem unreasonable.

So I received the 2 tomb raider steels today. The positives are the yellow and blue will really stand out on the shelf and that's about it. The artwork of jolie looks a little weird and the quality I think is poor. The biggest thing however is it took until I received it in hand to see it has the blu ray and DVD symbol on the spine for a blu ray and 4k release.

So I received the 2 tomb raider steels today. The positives are the yellow and blue will really stand out on the shelf and that's about it. The artwork of jolie looks a little weird and the quality I think is poor. The biggest thing however is it took until I received it in hand to see it has the blu ray and DVD symbol on the spine for a blu ray and 4k release.
That's because it's a shared print run for USA/Europe
Same steelbook
The distributor in each country then put's the discs inside and attach the jcard

Some of these steelbooks are Blu-ray and DVD or 4K and Blu-ray

Scanavo just make the steelbook it's then upto the distributor to decide on format of discs that go inside

It's cheaper for paramount/universsl to have just one steelbook for both format options
It would be more expensive to do a separate steelbook for 4K and put 4K logo on the spine

It's looks strange I admit having DVD logo and no dvd inside but I can see why they took that decision

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: adrianjturner
That's because it's a shared print run for USA/Europe
Same steelbook
The distributor in each country then put's the discs inside and attach the jcard

Some of these steelbooks are Blu-ray and DVD or 4K and Blu-ray

Scanavo just make the steelbook it's then upto the distributor to decide on format of discs that go inside

It's cheaper for paramount/universsl to have just one steelbook for both format options
It would be more expensive to do a separate steelbook for 4K and put 4K logo on the spine

It's looks strange I admit having DVD logo and no dvd inside but I can see why they took that decision
That's as maybe, but they HAVE printed different spines for the different countries in the past, but with the same fronts and backs.

For example, my French Justice League steelbook has the UltraHD blu-ray, 3D blu-ray and blu-ray logos on it. But the front and back are just the same as the UK release (which didn't contain the UltraHD disc, and therefore did not have the UltraHD blu-ray logo on the spine).

That's as maybe, but they HAVE printed different spines for the different countries in the past, but with the same fronts and backs.

For example, my French Justice League steelbook has the UltraHD blu-ray, 3D blu-ray and blu-ray logos on it. But the front and back are just the same as the UK release (which didn't contain the UltraHD disc, and therefore did not have the UltraHD blu-ray logo on the spine).
That's because they was not shared print run but separate print runs for justice league

If a steelbook has differences to another country release in terms of the steelbook itself it's a separate print run
Discs are added later as are jcards

The USA and Europe paramount wave are the same steelbooks in some countries they differ in terms of format of discs

Paramount just picked the cheapest option batch of same steelbooks made with each region distributior deciding on what discs go inside and then offering to retailers to sell

Last edited: