Last Or Current TV Show That You're 'Binge' Watching?

I tried (because of Frank Spotnitz and Ridley Scott) to watch MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE.
It has GREAT production value. Super. But by episode 5, I realized they were padding and spinning their wheels.
It devolved into too much melodrama. And the writers have no idea that each episode should contain some sort of 'mini-payoff' instead of just ending. No episode made me say "oh, boy I can't wait". I was literally slogging through it. I gave up when I realized that the revelation that I thought may come was not going to happen. And doing some reading I realized that the revelations that were probably on the horizon were more of a boring hypothetical analogy than a mind-bending 180 degree whopper of a reveal.
I could be wrong. But I was way too bored to find out.
It was like so many of today's shows - they are soap operas with the trappings of exciting things surrounding them for effect.
Really, isn't the Walking Dead just 'DYNASTY' surrounded by Zombies?
Isn't Game of Thrones 'DALLAS' in a magical land?
They spinkle some exciting cinematics here and there, to keep you interested - but really it is just like a soap.
Maybe some of these shows show revisit TWIN PEAKS, LOST and the (orginal) X-FILES to remember how every episode was exciting. Not just episode 1 and 10, and making you sit through the middling ones in between.
Rant over...

Last edited:
Reactions: denizen and Flash
I tried (because of Frank Spotnitz and Ridley Scott) to watch MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE.
It has GREAT production value. Super. But by episode 5, I realized they were padding and spinning their wheels.
It devolved into too much melodrama. And the writers have no idea that each episode should contain some sort of 'mini-payoff' instead of just ending. No episode made me say "oh, boy I can't wait". I was literally slogging through it. I gave up when I realized that the revelation that I thought may come was not going to happen. And doing some reading I realized that the revelations that were probably on the horizon were more of a boring hypothetical analogy than a mind-bending 180 degree whopper of a reveal.
incredibly well mounted, but hollow...

I know that feeling when suddenly you just think "...I don't care what happens to these characters..."

That's when you've had enough, it's a shame when it happens but sometimes that's 40 mins that you are not getting back :(

Reactions: C.C. 95
I know that feeling when suddenly you just think "...I don't care what happens to these characters..."

That's when you've had enough, it's a shame when it happens but sometimes that's 40 mins that you are not getting back :(
TRUE!
Or...when you sit through 3 more episodes saying "this is gonna get better"...
2 more hours lost!:rofl:

Reactions: Flash
Also, I have noted- while Ridley Scott is one of my favorite directors....
He now joins Steven Spielberg in the "Great directors who make weak television" club.
I truly believe they only sign the checks when they put their "Executive Producer" tag on these.
( or at least, their input is extremely extremely extremely minimal)

Binged the First 2 Seasons of Hannibal the last 8 Days.
First i was a little bit sceptical. Hopkins is absolutely amazing in Silence of the Lambs. i was thinking that no on else can be a Dr Lecter like Hopkins but Mads Mikkelsen do a fantastic Job as the younger Hannibal.
Hugh Dancy also play his Role Fantastic.
Can't wait to see Season 3 next week.
But First binging Daredevil Season 2

A lot of TV is like that nowadays. Rarely do I see a show that blows me away.
So far getting a lot of enjoyment from Better Call Saul, Goldbergs & You, Me and the Apocalypse. :D

It was like so many of today's shows - they are soap operas with the trappings of exciting things surrounding them for effect.
Really, isn't the Walking Dead just 'DYNASTY' surrounded by Zombies?
Isn't Game of Thrones 'DALLAS' in a magical land?
They spinkle some exciting cinematics here and there, to keep you interested - but really it is just like a soap.
Maybe some of these shows show revisit TWIN PEAKS, LOST and the (orginal) X-FILES to remember how every episode was exciting. Not just episode 1 and 10, and making you sit through the middling ones in between.
Rant over...

sad to hear that about MIHC. just read the book and loved it. PK Dick rules !

Reactions: C.C. 95
sad to hear that about MIHC. just read the book and loved it. PK Dick rules !
I am NOT going to say "I love Dick, too"....:LOL::confused:
But I also really like Philip. Everyone I know loves the book of MIHC, so....(that is one of his I have not read)
See it for yourself and see... It is certainly a well-made, good looking show. Maybe it just wasn't my cuppa tea.
Reading Ubik now....

Reactions: nefilim
Just binged on the first season of The Ranch :thumbs: Good, funny show :thumbs: too bad there was only 10 episodes on the first season (n)

After binge watching Daredevil i had to binge more Superhero Stuff.
Startet binge Watching Arrow. Current Status Season 1 Episode 10. Like it, hope there is much more Action with Deathstroke in the next Episodes.

Season 1 from Arrow is over, no im Binging Season 2. Current S2E8
Unfortunely there where not so much Deathstroke Action as i hoped.
Season 2 starts slowly, he goes to the normal Superhero Things.
i don't kill anymore. lame.
But now Deathstroke is back, this will make it better.

Haven't replied in a while, so here's what i've watched in the last 2-3 months...

Family Guy (currently finishing)
John Adams
Workaholics
Billions
Lucifer
Reign
Community

Plan on watching these next: (I always switch between 'normal' and 'funny' :D )

The Tudors
American Dad

Binged Season 1 from Penny Dreadful this weekend. Eva Greens performance is awesome. But the Show, hmm, it's ok. Will watch the other Seasons when i have Time.
Actually im binging my way trough Season 1 from Agents of the S.H.I.E.L.D.