Latest Framed Posters & Art

roseart

everyrosehasitsthorn
Premium Supporter
Mar 20, 2012
Texas, US
I know we have the newly acquired thread, but with the cost of framing these bad boys it can take some time to get these framed. So, I thought I would start a thread to show what's the latest Posters & Art you've gotten framed and how you proudly display it.

:movie:​

Here are the latest I just got back. Note, the wife wants to paint first, so the "how you proudly display it" is not valid in these pics. ;)

attachment.php

Primus "Bass Concert Hall ATX 11/7/12" (Todd Slater) Wife and I went to this show last year. We plan on getting a shadow frame for the ticket stub to go underneath.

attachment.php

Django Unchained (205/250) (Mark Englert) - Gallery1988 "2013 Oscar"

attachment.php

The City of Lost Children (Variant) (Sig 04/70) (Ken Taylor) - Mondo

attachment.php

Transformers "Oversized Version" (Sig 162/225) (Tim Doyle) This actually turned into a gift for my brother in-law. Nice gift. ;)

Finally was able to pick these up from the gallery:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news, I got 2 of my Walking Dead prints framed last month at Hobby Lobby.
Bad news, I got 2 of my Walking Dead prints framed at Hobby Lobby and they f'ed up both of the prints. :angry:

Since the wife handled the picking up of the prints because they were xmas gifts to me, she has been having to call corp. since the store manager is backing up his incompetent employee. And she has gotten nowhere with them either. Right now it looks like I am totally screwed though since everyone is intent on covering each others ass.

That's ****ed up. What happened to them?

Good news, I got 2 of my Walking Dead prints framed last month at Hobby Lobby.
Bad news, I got 2 of my Walking Dead prints framed at Hobby Lobby and they f'ed up both of the prints. :angry:

Since the wife handled the picking up of the prints because they were xmas gifts to me, she has been having to call corp. since the store manager is backing up his incompetent employee. And she has gotten nowhere with them either. Right now it looks like I am totally screwed though since everyone is intent on covering each others ass.

That's terrible!! What has happened to your prints?

That's ****ed up. What happened to them?

That's terrible!! What has happened to your prints?

Long story short, Gabz print is wavy as sh*t. And the Rabalais "What Lies Ahead" print was damaged with what appears to be some pencil looking marks on several spots on the print.

And I know for a fact neither one was damaged when I dropped them off.
I'm pretty sure they knew they f'ed up the Rabalais print and was trying to stall for what ever reason as both prints were supposed to be finished by 12/14 but she had to speak to the manager just to get that one done on Dec. 23.

Plus the fact that my wife was not allowed to inspect either one while in the store makes it worse. They're going with the "you're responsible for it once it leaves the store" line even though as I just mentioned she wasn't allowed to remove the plastic bag they used to cover the frame ups and inspect them per "store policy".

My wife just assumed they were fine and did not push the issue, which she greatly regrets now. My wife admits a small part of the blame for not checking the frame up when we got home as she assumed it was ok from what she could tell through the plastic covering. But it should not have left the store without her being able to inspect it there and she was told it had to stay in the plastic bag. My wife has never done this before and I was not in that area, so I wasn't around to she if it was inspected.

The store manager was pretty rude throughout this whole ordeal, hence the reason she had to take it to the corporate level. But even corp. is being pretty sh*tty over this. So unless we decide to push the issue to the legal level, provided we could even go that route, it's looking like I am out $300+ for some second rate framing and a damaged print.

Damn darkdaze73, that really sux! :angry: I would call corp again hoping to get another person that would be more understanding. I will ask around about said "store policy", because that right there would be a legal issue for them. Have you asked for them to provide this in writing or show where it says that inspection of custom jobs cannot be done in store?

If that is truly their policy and are able to get away with it, I will stop shopping there all together. I am starting to frame myself and was going to start using their 40% coupons to get custom cut acrylic, but I will go somewhere else if this is the case.

Damn darkdaze73, that really sux! :angry: I would call corp again hoping to get another person that would be more understanding. I will ask around about said "store policy", because that right there would be a legal issue for them. Have you asked for them to provide this in writing or show where it says that inspection of custom jobs cannot be done in store?

If that is truly their policy and are able to get away with it, I will stop shopping there all together. I am starting to frame myself and was going to start using their 40% coupons to get custom cut acrylic, but I will go somewhere else if this is the case.

The first person she spoke to was some what understanding and said something to the effect that they would "probably" replace both prints. But then she passed this ordeal off to someone else and he's being a total ass about it.

They are offering to attempt to try and see if the Gabz print can be fixed. I doubt that it can, but it's worth giving it a shot. She told the corp guy that she would not take it back to that store though. So right now the wife and the corp guy are playing phone tag as he never seems to be in when she calls.

He pretty much said we were screwed on the other print as they were not going to be held responsible for it even though it happened on their watch. The local store manager even went as far as accusing us of removing the print from the frame and damaging it ourselves.

As far as providing any information or anything of the sorts, nobody is willing to answer anything regarding their policy. We did talk to someone from another HL framing dept. about some of this and she claimed she doesn't do it that way. But she did not say whether it was a store or company policy to not allow inspection in store.

I had been planning on trying to frame some myself as I had bought a few frames from Micheal's on BF, but she wanted to get these done for me as a gift. Plus she's a big Walking Dead fan and was itching to see them framed and hung.

All I know is the 24x36 ones are flimsy and not possible to store a print without ruining. I'll get one of these n try tho. Might b the smaller size won't b flimsy

Reactions: AlexG
Reading few pages here, and I'm scared to death of ruining my prints by keeping them in tubes. I read about foam boards to flatten and such but that along with framing on my own seems a little intimidating. :emb:

Reading few pages here, and I'm scared to death of ruining my prints by keeping them in tubes. I read about foam boards to flatten and such but that along with framing on my own seems a little intimidating. :emb:

It can be at first, but not as scary as you think. ;) I would start with the foam core (acid free) boards and get some of the bulldog clips for flattening and storage.

Also, another think I recently learned from galleries & printers, is the new processes and inks they use are archival. Meaning they already have slight UV protection and they do will not stick to glass or acrylic. Prints these days are meant to be able to put in cheap frames. They want you to be able to display your art right when you get it, instead of saving the funds for the expensive framing.

That is not saying you shouldn't eventually get it into a proper frame, but there is less worry about temporary framing. Remember, this is newer prints in the last year or so. Don't go doing this with an older Stout. :p

I purchased 100 feet of spacers. EEK! I will use these to add that space in the cheaper frames I have some prints in.

Moral of the story, don't keep them in tubes. :naughty:

Reactions: Bluprint
Hey guys,
Does anyone know anything about Costco framing? In terms of pricing/quality, etc. Have been a member for over twelve years now, but saw today for the first time that they actually offer custom framing services. Also found a design there that will perfectly match the next set of prints I have lined up for framing.
Cheers!

Received the Ultra Pro Protective Sleeves last week and the word "flimsy" is an understatement. It was a bit of a hassle putting the first one in but the 2nd didn't take too long. Personally I wouldn't recommend it. I need to find something more sturdy that won't bend and protect at the same time.

Reactions: Bluprint