Lilo & Stitch (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 17, 2017
Purchase link: Lilo & Stitch (Pre-order on March 12 at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

IMG_6257.JPG

IMG_6258.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have preferred this to not be a lenticular magnet and be full gloss and embossed instead so it matches the previous ones
Still good though it's a new title not already had a previous UK steelbook release
Agree totally with you about the full gloss and embossed just can not buy it my self as it Will look odd in my collection :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
At long last after tracking down the impossible to find in mint condition uk slip I am so pleased that Lilo and Stitch is finally getting the steelbook treatment

Come on Zavvi and Disney fill in the missing gaps
fill in the gaps just not with lenticular versions :thumbs:

Out of all the recently announced releases I would expect this to sell out quickest.
For quite a while the normal Amaray release was hard to come by as for some strange reason Disney did not agree that they had released it.
The slipcover in the UK was rarer than hens teeth and most were in scuffed condition.

I would rather have this release with the Lenti than not at all

So now they are doing steelbooks which weren't in the other collection with lenticulars

Good grief I thought this would happen

Bigger inconsistencies now

Oh and Jesus Christ they've copied and pasted Stich on the back...WHO DOES THAT

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: pioneer
Looks fairly good and so does the price, only problem with this is the UK release is cut. It's due to dangerous behaviour when Lilo climbs into a washing machine. I don't know if the world is ready for 12 rated Lilo and Stitch...

Reactions: Flash
About time! :woot:

@chunk @Flash Can't remember who it was now, but I remember one of you (possibly both) also showing interest in this title getting the steel treatment. :)

Hey thanks for the tag @Noodles yes I have been waiting for this for some time. However I am like many others a bit annoyed it's lenticular only (I mean I like the lenticulars) but being one of the many people who bought the original Disney steelbooks I am annoyed at the re-releases and now doing ones not released before but with a lenticular so it obviously doesn't match my others and no way am I re-buying the ones I already own. I will probably get this as it's the only release and I really do want the film in steelbook.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and pioneer
All these Disney lenti re-releases never really bothered me, as they seemed like an okay option for those not wanting to dip into the secondary market for the pricier OOP titles. But after years of customers clamoring for Lilo and Stitch to be released, this just seems like a slap in the face.

The old glossy, embossed series are still highly sought after, and for good reason. They're some of my favorite steelbooks in my entire collection. They have bright, colorful artwork that looks and feels like they chose it because it best suited the Steelbook. With a lot of these re-releases, it seems like they have to settle for a very limited range of artwork and then photoshop elements from that piece onto the front, back, and/or inside.

It's a shame we probably won't see this Disney line continued properly. These uninspired, matte/zero finish steelbooks with mediocre lenticulars (though I've heard they've gotten better) just can't hold a candle to the older releases:
FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg FullSizeRender_2.jpg FullSizeRender_3.jpg FullSizeRender_4.jpg FullSizeRender_5.jpg IMG_1947.JPG z.jpg

Last edited:
^ Granted there will be new collectors miffed that Disney is not simply giving them the opportunity to buy the exact same steelbooks that we bought back in the day . . re-releases of exactly the same steelbooks as the originals instead of these newfangled lenticular steelbooks (lol) . . . not me though as I like variety in a collection and most of these new lenticular steelbooks are certainly not half bad to look at and are shaping up into a nice little collection all by themselves.
Up till April some 12 lenticular titles will be floating around (spread between Classics and Pixar) so aways to go to catch up with the originals of which some 50 were released.

If all in the Disney Classics collection are released with lenticulars it will be the first truly complete Disney collection (apart from the DVDs) with matching style classic numbers and with hopefully the numbers present without exception on all spines in the collection.

Reactions: robbodoc
F****** hell, you are right, they've just copied Stitch for the backcover. That's kind of horrible. :squint:

They just enlarged him. I mean can you honestly imagine someone doing that

The image would have worked without him or a least have Jumba and Pleakley surfing

Didn't even clock that stitch is a copy and paste job for the back too

That's annoyed me a little

Also this will be matte and some of the amazing Disney steels like in @misformatt post are some of the best gloss finishes for zavvi.

• Thanks
Reactions: pioneer
^ Granted there will be new collectors miffed that Disney is not simply giving them the opportunity to buy the exact same steelbooks that we bought back in the day . . re-releases of exactly the same steelbooks as the originals instead of these newfangled lenticular steelbooks (lol) . . . not me though as I like variety in a collection and most of these new lenticular steelbooks are certainly not half bad to look at and are shaping up into a nice little collection all by themselves.
Up till April some 12 lenticular titles will be floating around (spread between Classics and Pixar) so aways to go to catch up with the originals of which some 50 were released.

If all in the Disney Classics collection are released with lenticulars it will be the first truly complete Disney collection (apart from the DVDs) with matching style classic numbers and with hopefully the numbers present without exception on all spines in the collection.
each to there own but all zavvi have done is op for a cheap finish under the lenticular magnet will not look that great at all imo :thumbs:

All these Disney lenti re-releases never really bothered me, as they seemed like a okay option for those not wanting to dip into the secondary market for the pricier OOP titles. But after years of customers clamoring for Lilo and Stitch to be released, this just seems like a slap in the face.

The old glossy, embossed series are still highly sought after, and for good reason. They're some of my favorite steelbooks in my entire collection. They have bright, colorful artwork that looks and feels like they chose it because it best suited the Steelbook. With a lot of these re-releases, it seems like they have to settle for a very limited range of artwork and then photoshop elements from that piece onto the front, back, and/or inside.

It's a shame we probably won't see this Disney line continued properly. These uninspired, matte/zero finish steelbooks with mediocre lenticulars (though I've heard they've gotten better) just can't hold a candle to the older releases:
View attachment 295329 View attachment 295330 View attachment 295331 View attachment 295332 View attachment 295333 View attachment 295334 View attachment 295335 View attachment 295336
totally agree can't beat the original finishes :thumbs:

Reactions: Flash
Hey thanks for the tag @Noodles yes I have been waiting for this for some time. However I am like many others a bit annoyed it's lenticular only (I mean I like the lenticulars) but being one of the many people who bought the original Disney steelbooks I am annoyed at the re-releases and now doing ones not released before but with a lenticular so it obviously doesn't match my others and no way am I re-buying the ones I already own. I will probably get this as it's the only release and I really do want the film in steelbook.
I'm with you on that... I would've preferred a non-lenti version also. But, a lenti steel is better than no steel at all!

Reactions: rj531 and Flash
I'm with you on that... I would've preferred a non-lenti version also. But, a lenti steel is better than no steel at all!

That's my thinking too. The glossed and bossed steelbooks from the original wave were spectacular, with mostly different art to the Amarays, and it would be much preferable if this release carried on that tradition instead of taking the flat and matte lenti approach. But for those of us that want to complete the Disney collection, this is the option we've been given, and its way better than nothing. The artwork they've chosen is the same as the standard Blu-ray and the 2002 DVD release. Would have been nice to choose something fresh this time around. I like Geek Tragedy's concept art from way back, as well as the UK and Japanese posters and the art for the US double-pack:
Concept.jpg
LiloandStitchmovieposter.jpg
Lilo_and_Stitch_Japanese_Poster.jpg
US Blu-ray.jpg