May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: May 23, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy.ca
Price: $29.99 CDN

m2224062.jpg

m2224062_1.jpg logan.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to try to get this in store now, day of... that sucks.
At least I'll potentially save on the shipping.. if I can get one

So for those who dont know .... the art on this is from the artist who does/did the Logan arc for the comics. I think in theory that sounded good ... but given the edge that the film has I think a darker tone steelie would fit the film better then a comic book one.

So for those who dont know .... the art on this is from the artist who does/did the Logan arc for the comics. I think in theory that sounded good ... but given the edge that the film has I think a darker tone steelie would fit the film better then a comic book one.
I love the art but i think a 'real' picture with the same pose/background would've made a kickass steel.

Reactions: Drum18
Is that slated for a tuesday release?

How about if there was a preorder, do you know if they would give the lower price on that?

Thanks!
Yup, this is slated for next Tuesday, May 23rd.

For the price adjustment, it's 50/50. Sometimes the system does it automatically... sometimes it doesn't... if not, just call their Customer service center when the price lowers AND that you've been charged (so normally, it should be Friday). 1-866-BEST-BUY

Just a heads up. I price adjusted for Rogue One as it had a release day drop and when I went in store to return my second copy they told me that when bestbuy adjusted the price they made my old order number not able to return the item. It was showing up in the system as already returned. So they had to do a non-official return.

It took a while and was annoying. The cashier said that I should have received a new order number or something.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: dfoles
Just a heads up. I price adjusted for Rogue One as it had a release day drop and when I went in store to return my second copy they told me that when bestbuy adjusted the price they made my old order number not able to return the item. It was showing up in the system as already returned. So they had to do a non-official return.

It took a while and was annoying. The cashier said that I should have received a new order number or something.

Whats more annoying is that they go for $100+ on eBay. I did the same as you, ordered two Rogue One's (in case first one was damaged) but ended up selling the second one to cover the costs and then some. Ill keep that in mind for Logan. Thanks for the info.

Whats more annoying is that they go for $100+ on eBay. I did the same as you, ordered two Rogue One's (in case first one was damaged) but ended up selling the second one to cover the costs and then some. Ill keep that in mind for Logan. Thanks for the info.
Who, in his sane mind, would pay 100$+ for a WWA SteelBook that is the same as the USA ???

• Thanks
Reactions: Leafs17

What!? I had to look it up after you said that. AND YOU'RE RIGHT! I cant believe this! I didnt even wanna pay $30 for that art :facepalm:

Who, in his sane mind, would pay 100$+ for a WWA SteelBook that is the same as the USA ???
I didnt even believe it at first then i did a quick search and guess what? :banghead:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Rogue-One-A-...108762?hash=item2384c1309a:g:6XcAAOSwblZZFUXL

Hundreds and hundreds of people apparently. The USA version is also rare.

I ordered the German release from Amazon, which is the exact thing. All you need to do is have a quick search for "Completed Sold Items" on "Rogue One Steelbook" to see the insanity of it. Mine sold in under a few hours for $100.

Reactions: AlienKing
LOL! I gave mine away at cost to some ninja here. I should've put it on eBay :rofl: I guess art doesnt matter to casual collectors

I may be completely mistaken but isn't part of the demand of the rogue one steel the fact that it was the only version released with the 3D?
If it was the only one with 3D, then yes, that can be completely true. But people are gonna be stuck with a steelbook that's worth less than half of what they paid for once that changes.