Lost in Translation (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: December 11, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Sunday, November 12 @ around 6PM GMT)
Price: £15.99

23244531_10154757226315146_7258986358230775809_n.jpg

11573115-1714523477598642.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipped! Kinda worried about this one though... hopefully it's glossy, because those colours will look awful if matte. :ohno:

My credit card got replaced last week so I had a payment problem with this. I cancelled in the end as it's still in stock and like you I'm worried what this could like, I want to see the finish and in-hand pics first before I re-order.

My credit card got replaced last week so I had a payment problem with this. I cancelled in the end as it's still in stock and like you I'm worried what this could like, I want to see the finish and in-hand pics first before I re-order.
I often do the same... place an order, then cancel closer to release if it's still in stock and make my mind up whether to reorder once photos start to emerge. I kind of lost track with my steelbook pre-orders lately though, what with all the Christmas shopping I've been doing online recently. I'm currently expecting three pre-ordered steelbooks to arrive from Zavvi, which I'd completely forgot about until receiving dispatch emails lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
the border is definitely unnecessary, but Zavvi does it a lot on their exclusives
and imo, this artwork doesn't scream for gloss.

the debossed title is a nice touch, though it looks like they screwed up printing inside the lines again (like the Iron Giant recently, though thankfully mine was perfect)

the border is definitely unnecessary, but Zavvi does it a lot on their exclusives
and imo, this artwork doesn't scream for gloss.

the debossed title is a nice touch, though it looks like they screwed up printing inside the lines again (like the Iron Giant recently, though thankfully mine was perfect)

The title is embossed. Not debossed. Hence the border.

Got this today.

It’s better in hand and the simple art kinda works BUT I’m not feeling the spot glossed rain on the umbrella which came as a surprise. It’s odd and makes me feel a bit weird lol. Like nails on a chalk board. I can’t explain it

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Just the type of steelbook that cracks me up.
Love the wistful artwork . . . but that framing border is plain irksome . . . no need for it just for a let's face it tiny title . . .
Title could still have been embossed - or even de-bossed - without the need for the ridiculous frame.

Looks decidedly matte . . . not even zero . . . to keep the colours in the film muted which I believe was the whole idea.

When I first saw the steelbook front I thought "Wow, I understand the true purpose of the frame because the stretchers of the umbrella are embossed as well and at the same level" . . . but, as nobody has mentioned it I guess it's just the plain ol' title that's been given the raised treatment.

Spot-glossed raindrops on the umbrella (when it's not even raining)?
Seriously!
Looks more like metallic reflections or they threw darts at the thing and called it creative use of the white basecoat layer.

J-card (EBay):-
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc