Loving Vincent (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #72) (The Blu Collection) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: November 30, 2018
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular (Pre-order November 7 at 2 PM KoreaTime)
Price: $37.99 (Full Slip A & B) - $38.99 (Lenticular)
Group Buy: Hosted by cooey ONE CLICK - FULL SLIP A - FULL SLIP B - LENTICULAR

Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular

44756314_1084937061687374_6433611622131957760_o.jpg 44751838_1084937311687349_3852492803024093184_o.jpg 43471357_1084937418354005_7194903324196339712_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
11.jpg

12.jpg 13.jpg 14.jpg
15.jpg 16.jpg 17.jpg
18.jpg 19.jpg 20.jpg

The whole package is so incredibly well designed. Everything is perfectly thought-out. Heck, I even love those postcards which I usually find rather ridiculous! (That Vincent van Gogh fellow could paint really well. ;-)) Initially I wanted to pass on this release. How lucky I am today I did not! The only little criticism I got is the title on the steelbook. I get the effect they wanted to achieve, but I still would have liked it a bit larger. Other than that it's a stunning steel. I have never seen such a sick spotglossing before. Fantastic job.
The movie itself was a complete blind buy for me. Watched it last night, finally. It was a great experience. I liked how the plot unfolded, but was totally in awe about the technical achievement. Watched the bonus material right after the credits had rolled (or rather: had flipped ;-)), and still can't grasp what a monumental achievement it was to transform thousands of paintings into a movie. Again: fantastic.
Thanks to the folks at The Blu for creating this amazing package.

Watched this in full for the first time the other night with my wife. It’s simply breathtaking. A monumental accomplishment in my opinion.
And when the song Vincent came on at the end, we were both crying like babies.

What a tragic waste of a life. Mental illness never stood a chance in the 1800’s.

RIP Vincent.

I haven't seen the film but I did wonder if the Don McLean song was used in the film. I've had Don McLean's "American Pie" album for decades and I have always liked that song. I see according to IMDB that the version used in the film is sung by Lianne La Havas.

• Haha
Reactions: Headhunter
I haven't seen the film but I did wonder if the Don McLean song was used in the film. I've had Don McLean's "American Pie" album for decades and I have always liked that song. I see according to IMDB that the version used in the film is sung by Lianne La Havas.

It plays during the credits.

Reactions: Stygian
Yeah, it’s gorgeous. In some ways I would have loved Don’s version, but Lianne’s is stunning and very emotional.

• Thanks

I'm not sure if my post was clear. The song "Vincent" is on Don McLean's "American Pie" album.
That's the song I was referring to when I said that I have always liked that song.

I'm not sure if my post was clear. The song "Vincent" is on Don McLean's "American Pie" album.
That's the song I was referring to when I said that I have always liked that song.
Yep, I knew what you meant. McLean’s original version of Vincent is just sublime.

• Thanks
Well, I bought the 1/4 Slip, too. It was delivered a few days ago. Unfortunately it's just cardboard, without a single touch of those other slips' magic. I was hoping for the same brush strokes effect as in Full Slip A. Not even the title is raised.

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

You can't always win, I suppose.

Well, I bought the 1/4 Slip, too. It was delivered a few days ago. Unfortunately it's just cardboard, without a single touch of those other slips' magic. I was hoping for the same brush strokes effect as in Full Slip A. Not even the title is raised.

View attachment 407959

You can't always win, I suppose.

>>>> still looks lovely / been moving 'homes' ,, no time to even open my FS yet...

Just got around to seeing this over Xmas and was very impressed with how they did the art work as the design of the movie and the story was moving. The accents threw me a bit but well pleased I got this

Hi everyone, sorry for bumping this thread, but I was wondering which is the edition to go for. I got an offer of €100 for the blue fullslip and an offer of €65 for the lenti. €65 is a much better price in my opinion but the general opinion on here seems to be that the fullslip is much better. For the people that own one or more slips, I would like to know your opinions, which one should I go for? Which offer gives me the best bang for my buck? Thanks in advance and again sorry for disrupting the thread:)

Hi everyone, sorry for bumping this thread, but I was wondering which is the edition to go for. I got an offer of €100 for the blue fullslip and an offer of €65 for the lenti. €65 is a much better price in my opinion but the general opinion on here seems to be that the fullslip is much better. For the people that own one or more slips, I would like to know your opinions, which one should I go for? Which offer gives me the best bang for my buck? Thanks in advance and again sorry for disrupting the thread:)
i would go for the blue full slip.. its beautiful... but you could also go for this:

no steelbook but the slipcase is better than the lenti art imo

The blue fullslip is one of my favorites. I haven't seen the lenti in person, but the images I saw online didn't seem as interesting. As for what either of them is "worth"—that's all up to you and your budget and interest. Buy the one that seems best, given all your factors, and then be confident that you chose the best one. :)

Reactions: zeebeer
oh btw.. i dont think 100€ is a particularly good price for the blue slip.. if you dont have to have it right now, just wait for an auction or lower bin... you should be able to get it for around 80€ if youre patient..

i would go for the blue full slip.. its beautiful... but you could also go for this:

no steelbook but the slipcase is better than the lenti art imo
Do you know if that slipbox has the same finish as the steelbook fullslip? With the embossed brush strokes.

yup, it does:

View attachment 486084

only minor downside is that its a tiny bit too dark *imo*, but its still really nice.. and imo the better art than the steelbook full slip
Thanks a lot! That edition might be a really good option. I really like the movie, but I'm not sure if I like it enough to pay €100 for it. And €30 isn't bad at all.

Reactions: hatredhorror